How come the Twins never wear their "NEW" Jerseys

vikmurphy

Hmm. Maybe even the Twins realized how redundant and pointless that third alternate was. I say if they really, really feel the need for a fifth jersey, either keep the vest and put the "M" or "TC" on the chest, or bring back the red "Dairy Queen" alternate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmm. Maybe even the Twins realized how redundant and pointless that third alternate was. I say if they really, really feel the need for a fifth jersey, either keep the vest and put the "M" or "TC" on the chest, or bring back the red "Dairy Queen" alternate.

I believe the Twins were 1-2 in the sleeveless. Carlos Silva picked them twice I think, once with the just as rare red hat. Matt Garza picked them once and I know he lost in them. Still, kinda feel like my authentic Mauer one was a waste since they never wear them. Hell, they still sell those and the red hats!

I believe the Twins were 1-2 in the sleeveless. Carlos Silva picked them twice I think, once with the just as rare red hat. Matt Garza picked them once and I know he lost in them. Still, kinda feel like my authentic Mauer one was a waste since they never wear them. Hell, they still sell those and the red hats!

Are you sure they only wore them thrice last year? I could have swore they wore them more than that. But I can tell you, everyone here seems to hate them. The players probably agree, thus no one picks them. The red hats on the other hand everyone seems to like, except the players I guess. Silva was the only one who I recall ever wearing it, but I think he only wore it once last year and never this year. Silva has been switching it up lately though, wearing the navy uniforms and high pants lately. So hopefully he'll bring out the red hat soon... It's still an official hat for them, I don't know why no one ever chooses it. If you're in a bad slump, why not?

Are you sure they only wore them thrice last year? I could have swore they wore them more than that. But I can tell you, everyone here seems to hate them. The players probably agree, thus no one picks them. The red hats on the other hand everyone seems to like, except the players I guess. Silva was the only one who I recall ever wearing it, but I think he only wore it once last year and never this year. Silva has been switching it up lately though, wearing the navy uniforms and high pants lately. So hopefully he'll bring out the red hat soon... It's still an official hat for them, I don't know why no one ever chooses it. If you're in a bad slump, why not?

I wouldn't mind seeing the red hat, too, but if the vests stay mothballed, that would be fine. Death to vests!

It could be 4 times, but I clearly remember Silva and Garza as the only ones picking them, and Silva wearing the vest with the red hat. There were comments on here that the Twins should have worn red sleeves instead of blue. Still not as bad when Johan picked the home blue alt with the red hat.

I believe they got shelled in them last year... plus they're not that pleasing to look at, at least to my eyes.

...and of course we all know that its the uniform that decides whether or not a team completely blows.

I agree with your 2nd point though.

I love the vest look and some of my all time favorite looks are vests.

But... I doubt I'd ever personally buy one to wear though. Is that odd?

The Twins vest was a total missed opportunity. It was just a home jersey with the sleeves chopped off. Should have been the "TC" logo on the left chest like Sodboy13 said.

I'd love to buy a red one like they wore in 1997 since it was an oddity, but I'd never want to see the Twins in them ever, ever again.

twins-red.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I believe they got shelled in them last year... plus they're not that pleasing to look at, at least to my eyes.

...and of course we all know that its the uniform that decides whether or not a team completely blows.

Well, I say that because many athletes are superstitious. I obviously didn't mean that it reduces their ability to play baseball.

Unless, of course, the jersey was made of cast iron steel. That sucker would be tough to run in.

qvAvG.jpg

Hey, Chuck Knoblauch! Remember when he was the best second basemen of a generation?

And then he started plunking Keith Olbermann's mother in the stands. Life's funny that way sometimes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey, Chuck Knoblauch! Remember when he was the best second basemen of a generation?

Well, he did prevent the Braves from winning Game Seven of the '91 Series by pretending to catch a hit behind the runner. One of the great defensive plays in World Series history, that. Every time I've found myself slipping into dicKnoblauchery, such as when he played for the Yankees in the postseason and started getting calls on tags he didn't come within 12 feet of making, I've tried to remember that one play where he saved the game for the Twins.

But jeez, in that photo it's like they gave him Kent Hrbek's jersey as a prank.

20082614447.png

Well, he did prevent the Braves from winning Game Seven of the '91 Series by pretending to catch a hit behind the runner. One of the great defensive plays in World Series history, that. Every time I've found myself slipping into dicKnoblauchery, such as when he played for the Yankees in the postseason and started getting calls on tags he didn't come within 12 feet of making, I've tried to remember that one play where he saved the game for the Twins.

Good thing it was Knoblauch and not A-Rod pulling that bit of chicanery; God knows how wrong THAT would've been... :rolleyes:

Reading this thread made me realize that the Twins have way, way, way too many uniforms. Time to downsize, boys.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, I say that because many athletes are superstitious. I obviously didn't mean that it reduces their ability to play baseball.

Unless, of course, the jersey was made of cast iron steel. That sucker would be tough to run in.

They would be really shiny too.....would suck during day games.

Question: How come the Twins never wear their "NEW" Jerseys, absence of the 06 sleveless for the 2007 season?

Answer: Because they are gay as s***!

OMFG!!! That is soo funny! Post of the day material right there, folks!!!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived