capn89's History of Jerseys

capn89

I've been wanting to post something like this for a while now and I've decided I might as well do it.

This is somewhat of a look into the history of some of my jersey designs as well as a look to the future.

The jerseys in this first "grid" I snatched from the internet because I'd lost the image (as well as many of the jerseys) due to a virus years ago. Fortunately, at least, the grid was still on the net and I was able to re-draw most of the jerseys again and have it to look back at the way the jerseys looked back then.

The original intent for the grid was to help me figure out how many "slots" I needed to fill. I was trying to fill every possible jersey slot in NHL 2002 so that the entire game would be fantasy jerseys. That is why some of the spots are left blank. There were one or two teams that I had done really nice designs for and then the virus nailed me and I didn't even get the chance to add them to the grid and upload it and they were effectively lost forever.

So to start, have a gander at some jerseys from 3 to 4+ years ago.

SET1.gif

The next grid of jerseys are those that I made in the last couple years, either as updates to older ones, or completely new ones. Many just have slight touch-ups like color corrections and so forth. These, however, only feature a max of 3 jerseys per team (a home/away/alt). There may or may not be other designs for each team, but the jerseys I'm presenting are my handpicked favorites.

SET2.gif

And finally, for a look to the future, I'll be trying (hopefully) to do yet again another refurbishing of all my jerseys. As you'll see below, I have the Senators, Flyers and Capitals with hopefully many, many more to come.

SET3.gif

So feel free to throw your opinions around. What do you love, what do you hate? Thanks for checking them out. :)

Great Idea...and a lot of cool things. This thread is gonna be a long one I predict, if everyone comments on each teams design. But what a great way to show case your work all in one place. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

i like them all except for the buffaslug ones. i thought concepts were supposed to be what you'd see in an ideal situation! no buffaslug!! good work designing though

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I absolutely LOVE the Minny set in the 2nd group of jerseys. If the shoulder yokes on the 3rd were shortened it would be the best jersey ever made :)

Awesome job!

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

I hate the fact that I love all of your ridiculous designs, I always look forward to your jerseys because I know they'll be so curvy and futuristic looking.

Great job :D

They are ridiculous, I'd be the first to admit that, but it's fun. Glad you like them.
Great Idea...and a lot of cool things. This thread is gonna be a long one I predict, if everyone comments on each teams design. But what a great way to show case your work all in one place. :D
Thank you. Hopefully I'll have many more to add to the blank third set as time goes on.
Some of them are brilliant! Some not so much, and some are downright ugly!

But still very good work on these, there nice and neat so I can't complain.

Thanks a lot.
i like them all except for the buffaslug ones. i thought concepts were supposed to be what you'd see in an ideal situation! no buffaslug!! good work designing though
That damned Buffaslug. I try my best to go with whatever the team is using when I'm making the jerseys (save for a couple exceptions here and there). Honestly (and I don't mean to piss anyone off)... I just, personally, don't think Buffalo has ever had a logo I'd consider "good." Their original was the best of them all, but I really don't have any love for it.
Wow, is your old Coyotes design busy!! But I like it all the same. Amazing job with the whole league. It takes a lot of creativity to redesign the whole league once, let alone three times...
Yeah it is, lol. That's what most people say about it, but when you actually see it in game it doesn't seems quite as bad. I really look forward to seeing what I come up with for the future of the Coyotes. Thanks for the comments.
That's quite the body of work. Congrats.
Thanks.
The Flyers one with the Liberty Bell logo and the Phoenix one with the Lizard logo on it look really awesome.
I've heard a LOT of love for the Flyers liberty bell logo. I'm actually thinking about going back to that and modernizing the design just a tad and replacing the third jersey I have on the third set. In time, of course. Thanks a lot.
lovin the flyers 3rd in the second set
Thank you, thank you.
I absolutely LOVE the Minny set in the 2nd group of jerseys. If the shoulder yokes on the 3rd were shortened it would be the best jersey ever made :)

Awesome job!

That's actually a good suggestion. If I end up doing just an update of that design for a new Minnesota set I'll definitely look into shortening the shoulders. Thank you.
Dude, if the entire NHL came out like set 2...I'd be happy as hell. Good job, man.
Thanks a lot.

set 1...ah, memories...lookin at them again feels like flippin thru my high school yearbook. Heh, I had a small hand (microscopic, admittedly) in the Bruins set, I recall suggesting the 1920s style sleeve stripes, as the hockey concepts I was comin out with around that time were very heavily influenced by the early NHL...I mean so heavy you couldn't lift it up with a crane. heh, the first Rangers alt and the Caps alt inspired one of my Bills thirds

so far my favorite outta the third set is the Caps. I don't hate what they'll be wearing next season, but your concept is just flat out better. for starters, it doesn't look like it was slapped together 5 days before the unveiling.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i'll just comment on the ones i like from set one.

Islanders - :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: you know what i like, 'nuff said.

Canucks - i really dig that maroon one with the skate logo and the orca regulated to shoulder logo.

Penguins - i like the set with the humming bird logo, but i'd substitute the hummingbird with the skating penguin and you have gold there.

Rangers - the liberty head set makes a nice alternate set. not sure if i want it to replace what they have but what you made makes a nice alternate.

Panthers - the red jersey while a bit plain compared to the other radical designs, looks 1000X better than the dog pile they released. only i would suggest is using the leaping panther instead of the head logo and you got a nice panther jersey i wouldn't mind owning. it beats the hell out of the mr. hankey on the wall from last week.

Sabres - recolor it from black and red to their current scheme and you have another set worth the value of gold. might even put one in my closet.

Kings - was i the only one that kinda dug the burger king man logo. I wouldn't want it as a primary logo on a jersey but it would be pretty cool as a shoulder logo with the crown as the primary.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

set 1...ah, memories...lookin at them again feels like flippin thru my high school yearbook. Heh, I had a small hand (microscopic, admittedly) in the Bruins set, I recall suggesting the 1920s style sleeve stripes, as the hockey concepts I was comin out with around that time were very heavily influenced by the early NHL...I mean so heavy you couldn't lift it up with a crane. heh, the first Rangers alt and the Caps alt inspired one of my Bills thirds

so far my favorite outta the third set is the Caps. I don't hate what they'll be wearing next season, but your concept is just flat out better. for starters, it doesn't look like it was slapped together 5 days before the unveiling.

Yes, the good old days. :P The days when Depot wasn't run by and filled with a bunch of... well, whatever. But they really were the good old days. It's a shame how so much has changed, especially when it comes to game modding and so forth. At I've still sort of kept the spirit of my designs alive.
Some great work!! I like them, pretty much all of tem actually. My only suggestion would be change the background colour. SOme of the darker aspects of some of the jerseys get a bit lost because of it
Thank you thank you. With the background, I didn't want to go white, and not pitch black. I think it works for the most part. Sorry it seems a little dark though.
i'll just comment on the ones i like from set one.

Islanders - :notworthy: you know what i like, 'nuff said.

Canucks - i really dig that maroon one with the skate logo and the orca regulated to shoulder logo.

Penguins - i like the set with the humming bird logo, but i'd substitute the hummingbird with the skating penguin and you have gold there.

Rangers - the liberty head set makes a nice alternate set. not sure if i want it to replace what they have but what you made makes a nice alternate.

Panthers - the red jersey while a bit plain compared to the other radical designs, looks 1000X better than the dog pile they released. only i would suggest is using the leaping panther instead of the head logo and you got a nice panther jersey i wouldn't mind owning. it beats the hell out of the mr. hankey on the wall from last week.

Sabres - recolor it from black and red to their current scheme and you have another set worth the value of gold. might even put one in my closet.

Kings - was i the only one that kinda dug the burger king man logo. I wouldn't want it as a primary logo on a jersey but it would be pretty cool as a shoulder logo with the crown as the primary.

Thanks for checking them out. A couple things you mentioned were actually addressed in the second set. The Panther head was switched to the leaping logo and the Sabres were recolored (and slighly modded). :)

its been a while since i've modded, but if i ever get another computer based nhl game, i wouldn't even bother trying to down load the new uniforms, i'd just look for your concepts and replace half the :censored:ty jersey sets that exist already in the game. when i had nhl 02 and was downloading from C-nhl, nhl depot, thunderpuck, DMD etc, i replaced most of the nhl with either fantasy jerseys that was either better than what was in the game or i would replace them with retro jerseys that was better than the current designs.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

its been a while since i've modded, but if i ever get another computer based nhl game, i wouldn't even bother trying to down load the new uniforms, i'd just look for your concepts and replace half the :censored:ty jersey sets that exist already in the game. when i had nhl 02 and was downloading from C-nhl, nhl depot, thunderpuck, DMD etc, i replaced most of the nhl with either fantasy jerseys that was either better than what was in the game or i would replace them with retro jerseys that was better than the current designs.
I used to be strictly NHL Depot back then and up until maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Took a long break, and decided to find somewhere new (which ended up being here). I'm sure if you were downloading stuff from depot back then there's a good chance you picked up one or two things I did. Just figuring odds anyway :P Thanks for the compliments.
I love all the pens jerseys.
Thank you :)
The Leaf concepts suck lol...
el oh el :P

Archived