2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why are some teams waiting till mid sept to unviel there unis??

NHL 08 comes out sept 11th and they have already confirmed all new jerseys will be in the game..guess some of these teams are choosing to unviel after game drops?? makes no sense to me

They already announced that the games will be delivered with the old jerseys and once all the new ones are revealed a patch will be available for download to update to the new ones.

This isn't accurate.. They'll be releasing a *CODE* that you input into the game to unlock the jerseys.. there is no downloading, everything is already there. You won't need to be/get online for anything.

Hi,

Don't expect any changes in Montreal...

On a local radio show yesterday, the President of the Montreal Canadiens Pierre Boivin said that there will be no changes to the actual look under his watch. ''There's so much tradition in this uniform that nobody would want to be the One who changed something'' he said!

The Habs will wear the new RBK jerseys as the rest of the league but the stripes, the red shoulders, the blue pants will all be the same as always.

As for the french NHL (LNH) logo on the collar, it will only be logical to have it. Like they wore a french Stanley Cup Finals patch in 1993 and a billingual NHL All Star game in 1992. It's the same thing as the Swedish Team having Sverige on their jersey. It would be ridiculous to see Finland on the national jersey instead of Suomi.

Just like the team's name, even in english, it's Les CanadiEns instead of The CanadiAns.

Good day to you all and...

... passez une belle saison 2007-2008!

HEY, GUESS WHAT! IT'S POST #600 FOR LE QUEBECOIS (as if anybody cares) ahahhaha

That's great news, thanks for the info.

I for one love that the Habs stay true to their heritage by using their official language on the sweaters. I wish everyone who thinks the Habs should change to English would watch "The Rocket" for historical perspective. It's the best hockey movie I've ever seen.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Hi,

On a local radio show yesterday, the President of the Montreal Canadiens Pierre Boivin said that there will be no changes to the actual look under his watch. ''There's so much tradition in this uniform that nobody would want to be the One who changed something'' he said!

The Habs will wear the new RBK jerseys as the rest of the league but the stripes, the red shoulders, the blue pants will all be the same as always.

As for the french NHL (LNH) logo on the collar, it will only be logical to have it. Like they wore a french Stanley Cup Finals patch in 1993 and a billingual NHL All Star game in 1992. It's the same thing as the Swedish Team having Sverige on their jersey. It would be ridiculous to see Finland on the national jersey instead of Suomi.

Just like the team's name, even in english, it's Les CanadiEns instead of The CanadiAns.

I for one love that the Habs stay true to their heritage by using their official language on the sweaters. I wish everyone who thinks the Habs should change to English would watch "The Rocket" for historical perspective. It's the best hockey movie I've ever seen.

It's the best sports movie I've ever seen by far. It also goes way way up on the list of my all time favourite movies. it's one of the best movies i've ever seen for sure, especially out of canada. it's accurate and stylish and they stay true to the designs of the Canadiens uniforms.

gagner3.png

Hi,

It's the best sports movie I've ever seen by far. It also goes way way up on the list of my all time favourite movies. it's one of the best movies i've ever seen for sure, especially out of canada. it's accurate and stylish and they stay true to the designs of the Canadiens uniforms.

gagner3.png

blah blah blah blah blah...any new jersey leaks or information?

Apparently, the Maple Leafs will unveil their new jersey on September 12th. Look for more silver to be added to the colour scheme.

That seems to go against all other reports that silver is gone entirely.

What is your source?

Drew Remenda - colour man for the Sharks mentioned that the Sharks will have a number on the front of the jerseys today during a team1040 radio interview. I don't believe this was mentioned previously.

Isn't Drew "back" UP-HERE working for the CBC?

He is by far my favourite broadcaster

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Remember, the Canucks began play in the old WHL and PCHL. I can't find a pick of there jerseys from then anywhere, but I remember them having "Canucks" and/or "Vancouver" script on the jerseys. I'm bringing this up because, on the teaser pics of the Canucks jersey it keeps saying "where we began" and, If the Canucks are actually adding the script over the logo then, "where we began" would make sense. People wanted to bring back Johnny Canuck, in a way they are but not in the logo form, but from an element from the Johnny Canuck days. Who knows though, maybe I'm over-thinking this.

8prlQWA.png

The canadiens red jersey is classic, they'll never change it.

And they shouldn't, the reds are classic. However, the white is due for an upgrade in a big way as the present one blows IMHO. This league wide redesign would have been the perfect opportunity for them to have switched their away to the vintage 3rd but maybe use the current logo.

zzPEfBm.png

Drew Remenda - colour man for the Sharks mentioned that the Sharks will have a number on the front of the jerseys today during a team1040 radio interview. I don't believe this was mentioned previously.

Isn't Drew "back" UP-HERE working for the CBC?

He is by far my favourite broadcaster

According to the Sharks he's come back to call their games on Fox Sports Bay Area. Guess he was a "loaner" to the CBC.

In 1992.

Holy #$%@

lmao

She was here in Nashville for a while...and she SUCKED!

Yeah she sucked soo bad that she had the best save percentage out of the 5 goalies that played on that team that year as well as being 3-0...yeah, might want to re-define what the word SUCK means to you in Nashville.

Someone's a little touchy, aren't we? Did you watch her play? No, you didn't. Did I? Yes, I did. The other teams took it easy on her, man. She complained about high shots hurting her :censored:, so other teams stopped shooting high slappers. The whole circus was nothing but a joke.

If she said that high shots hurt her :censored:, I wouldn't really care because she is wearing a chest protector anyway. I mean, how bad could it really hurt? Though I am curious to see an article or something where she said "High shots hurt my :censored:." or something to that effect because I found that somewhat humorous.

You like that font? I think the one they had in 95 was much better.

Lightning7.gifLightning3.gif

I never did understand what a paintbrush font had to do with "Lightning". At least the crazy-ass electric font could relate to the team's name and not make me think of Van Gogh instead.

I think that the paintbrush (reporter two) font coincided with the seemingly agressive look that they were trying to convey. While I did like the electric font and thought it was bad-ass, I liked the paintbrush font just as much and wouldn't really have a problem with either style returning to a Lightning uni.

An update on the schedule for tomorrow, courtesy of the email from the Canucks that just appeared in my inbox:

CANUCKS LAUNCH NEW SWEATER TOMORROW!

Can't come to GM Place for the official unveiling? Watch the event LIVE STREAMING on canucks.com at 12:30 pm. Also, Global Noon News will be broadcasting live from the event from 12:00 - 1:00.

Schedule of Events

11:30 am - Tailgate party on the South Plaza

12:00 pm - Doors open, please enter through Gate 7

12:30 pm - Unveiling of the Canucks Sweater

1:00 pm - Canucks Team Store opens. Photos with FIN on the South Plaza.

**Watch for an all new Inside Edge contest to be launched tomorrow, giving you the chance to win a Canucks home sweater!

I'll be checking it out on Global on my lunchbreak. I hope any posters able to go will take some pictures, its nice to have them to go with the official promo stuff.

Archived