2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dislike the wordmark. I know what they were trying to go for, but it doesn't work for me. I love the horizontal stripes and lack of piping, though. Unfortunately I think those things should be standard in a HOCKEY sweater, but...

I'll give the design a B overall.

does anyone think that the wordmark has anything to do with the olympics in 2010 as a way to sell VANCOUVER jerseys to all the tourists looking for souvenirs to take home

Touché! (second use of a French word in this thread... mélange was the first)

When I left Montreal, I bought myself an Expos AWAY shirt, as opposed to the white pin striped I preferred because it said Montreal on it...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

One word sums up the Canucks' new uniforms: Lazy

They took the dumb Orca and slapped it onto the vintage jerseys. It's almost like a rec league team buying a whole bunch of blank vintage Canucks jerseys and putting their own logo on it. A huge disappointment. Either, they should have given us the complete vintage look or come up with something completely different, even if they kept the Orca logo. Overall, I say this (and I am a Canucks' fan) that the Canucks' new look is the worst of all the teams. Yeah, Nashville and Florida have the same stupid design with the same stupid piping. Tampa Bay looks like a practice jersey. But, what the Canucks did in messing with their sweet vintage uniforms is reprehensible.

The only question I have now is how soon until they can change them again?

does anyone think that the wordmark has anything to do with the olympics in 2010 as a way to sell VANCOUVER jerseys to all the tourists looking for souvenirs to take home

Touché! (second use of a French word in this thread... mélange was the first)

When I left Montreal, I bought myself an Expos AWAY shirt, as opposed to the white pin striped I preferred because it said Montreal on it...

Moi aussi (this is fun!), but me Syracuse when I left upstate NY instead of anything with Orangemen on it. Sometimes the city is more important.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Canucks fans!

Leave your girlfriends at the arena, rip out your hair, shave off your eyebrows, rape your dog, kill your firstborn child, paint yourself in blood, beat up a total stranger, start a riot, burn your city to the ground, start a nuclear war, set yourself on fire... FREAK OUT! Okay, that was sarcasm... you all need to relax a bit.

It's not a brilliant jersey but it is an improvement, so stay positive. Man, I thought you guys had good pot in BC, maybe it's time to sit back, smoke a joint, and let that vein in your forehead die down a bit.

Go from this :cursing:... to this B) .

thecatch.jpg

I wouldn't mind having the arched wordmark on it, as long as it had a vintage logo to go under it, like say, that modernized Johnny Canuck logo that's been floating around for months. That way the modernized wordmark can go with a modernized Johnny Canuck that it was originally paired with fifty years ago. I just hate this dark looking monochrome orca that just doesn't fit with the rest of the jersey. I also like the modernized rink logo and I'm starting to think that the organization got too cheap to buy the rights to Johnny Canuck. If they could just get that, I'd be satisfied with the new font of the wordmark and numbers.

Canucks fans!

Leave your girlfriends at the arena, rip out your hair, shave off your eyebrows, rape your dog, kill your firstborn child, paint yourself in blood, beat up a total stranger, start a riot, burn your city to the ground, start a nuclear war, set yourself on fire... FREAK OUT! Okay, that was sarcasm... you all need to relax a bit.

It's not a brilliant jersey but it is an improvement, so stay positive. Man, I thought you guys had good pot in BC, maybe it's time to sit back, smoke a joint, and let that vein in your forehead die down a bit.

We're very passionate about the Canucks around here. We actually sell out playoff games on the rare occasion when they make the playoffs and we kind of expect a nice jersey after 37 years of crap. The tradition of crap continues.........

DEATH TO REEBOK

Canucks fans!

We're very passionate about the Canucks around here. We actually sell out playoff games on the rare occasion when they actually make the playoffs and we kind of expect a nice jersey after 37 years of crap. The tradition of crap continues.........

Hahahahaha... yeah man, I can see that. Hey, hockey teams are only going to keep changing their jerseys time and time again so they can sell more merchandise. That's pro- sports nowadays.

thecatch.jpg

Canucks fans!

Hey, it's pretty much how Big Shoop was behaving Saturday after the Lightning reveal.

Archived