2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canucks fans!

Leave your girlfriends at the arena, rip out your hair, shave off your eyebrows, rape your dog, kill your firstborn child, paint yourself in blood, beat up a total stranger, start a riot, burn your city to the ground, start a nuclear war, set yourself on fire... FREAK OUT! Okay, that was sarcasm... you all need to relax a bit.

It's not a brilliant jersey but it is an improvement, so stay positive. Man, I thought you guys had good pot in BC, maybe it's time to sit back, smoke a joint, and let that vein in your forehead die down a bit.

Go from this :cursing:... to this B) .

We're very passionate about the Canucks around here. We actually sell out playoff games on the rare occasion when they make the playoffs and we kind of expect a nice jersey after 37 years of crap. The tradition of crap continues.........

Thank you for that comment man, people just don't get it. The fans outside of the province may like it, but in the end, its the ones in the province that the marketing staff wants to target and these jerseys are crap. People will buy it because it has the vintage colours, but aside from that, the striping on the bottom looks like it's too high and looks like they are wearing old school pajama's that are hanging out under the jersey, the VANCOUVER writing is overkill with the C and A really close to it.

The Whale, ugly as always, is turned into a boring logo with the colour scheme. They did a horrible job, all they had to do was look at boston, and take a page out of their design style for their new jerseys. GO oldschool, update the old logo and go with that, instead they botched it. As for my gf, she wanted to stay with her sister and hang around for a bit at GM place, i saw the jersey, didn't like it and booked it. That's that.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I have no clue what some of you want in a jersey. Unreal.

Apparently, they just want the chick in the tnak top.

According to the sports radio, the Canucks tried other ideas. But anything else they tried was too similar to other copyrighted logos floating around out there, including fan-based ones on the internet. The Canucks spent a ton of cash trying to come up with a new identity, but the Giants own the lumberjack idea, which you all seem to want to get into bed with, so that was out. There's only so much one can do with a name like "Canucks."

So, bitch away, I'm not loving this, I'm not hating this, I'm just giving you what I've heard on the radio which as far back as April, was "get used to the whale."

I'll likely get one eventually. And I like the rinkstick update.

Looks like they didn't spend enough, or just had an extremely crappy design team. They didn't come up with anything new, same logo as last season with a different colour scheme, a colour scheme that was used when the team first came into the NHL, and they slapped the city on the front of the jersey. They updated the stick'n'rink a little but that was it. Where did they spend the money in this so called research? In their own books or what?

They could have went back to the old jersey (70's) and stuck with that and it would have made 90% of the fans happy...these ones look like they ironed on a small jersey on an extra-large one and incase you forgot where you played, put the name of the city on the front.

Now that i see the nucks ones, i don't mind the tampa jerseys anymore.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

"In news which comes as a surprise to no one in the hockey world, Vancouver Canucks fans got what they wanted this afternoon, and were none too happy about it. When reached for comment, vcx's girlfriend relayed the details of a vengeful tryst with an unnamed cab driver, and added she's in the market for a nice Calgary Flames fan to settle down with."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

BTW...i am now terrified of what the Penguins jerseys will look like. As a Penguins fan first (Canucks 2nd)...these unveilings are extremely hit or miss and that's not cool.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

"In news which comes as a surprise to no one in the hockey world, Vancouver Canucks fans got what they wanted this afternoon, and were none too happy about it. When reached for comment, vcx's girlfriend relayed the details of a vengeful tryst with an unnamed cab driver, and added she's in the market for a nice Calgary Flames fan to settle down with."

Damn floosy!! Nah, she's vancouver born and a huge canucks fan, as well as her sister. So they're born to hate the flames, like most canucks fans. Hey i'm just glad she thinks the Penguins are pretty cool for giving the Canucks fans guys like Naslund to cheer for, haha. She stayed because she loved the orca jersey and i don't. I do love how people think these jerseys made the fans happy. Like how the Preds media said the same crap about their new jerseys, and so forth with the other teams.

This offseason, the bruins still may suck, but they will suck in style (unless they start winning again this next season, then they win in style).

I'm going to put in my order for the bruins jerseys and get Neely on it...might as well try to make this day good.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I'm glad they didn't go with a lumberjack because 2 in the same town as a hockey logo would be too much.

But anyways, yet to find a pic of where the A or the C goes on the jersey. Can't really see it on that one pic of Nazzy talking on the mic.

Not quite. Sabres are 100% better.

Holy hell, folks...it's not as good as it could've been, but the level of histrionics here is insane! I guess people on this board do bitch just to bitch.

The color scheme is being complained about? THE COLOR SCHEME?!?!?!? :blink: Royal and green are what everybody WANTED!!!! Horizontal stripes are what everybody WANTED!!!! OK, the word mark is dumb, but this is miles (kilometers in Canada) ahead of the Preds, Panthers, and Lightning. If you don't think so, then you're beyond help. I have no clue what some of you want in a jersey. Unreal.

Did you guys see the video?

The word mark is a nod to the Vancouver millionaires and the pre-NHL Canucks!

Take that and add the fact that it's not an edge template, and I think your looking at one of the better jerseys in the NHL.

I will say this though, the orca looks pretty bland now.

***Edit: i'm trying to back up Armadillo's point by adding to it, not argue with him***

Where did this come from?

VAN_8y89fxmrzf3vb8wyca4v.gif

I'd like to know that myself, as well as the different "VC" logos.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Vancouver's hybrid of old and new elements is 20 times better than Buffalo's effort.

TRUE THAT!

yeah, the buffa-slug is hideous, it does soothe the pain when you think about that logo.

The VC logo we have on some billboards in the skytrain stations downtown are pretty cool, they are also on the canucks posters, well old ones. I thought they were cool and well my intials are VC so i just thought it was that much cooler.

I would've liked to see the VANCOUVER script off of it, put the V on the sleeves like the oldschool ones, put the orca on the shoulder and the stick 'n' rink on the front, make the striping on the bottom better and you have a winner with me.

But hey, i didn't spend thousands coming up with something so called "NEW" like what they unveiled today...

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Where did this come from?

VAN_8y89fxmrzf3vb8wyca4v.gif

From "the tasty world of Vachon" by the looks of it.

vachon.gif

That's frickin' hilarious man... I didn't even noticed that. I guess it was copyright issues after all.

Haha I'm a Vachon :P I thought we only had those in Quebec ?!?! It's an international company now ?!?

Back to the jersey I hate how the C looks squished over the wordmark, not enough room there, what would have been better was a wordmark like Nashville had on their Heinz Mustard jersey

Now for the next jersey unveiling. This came from my Calgary Flames newsletter. All the times are MST.

Flames Central hosts jersey launch

It's a first for the National Hockey League. An evolution for the Calgary Flames.

The Flames will have the official unveiling of their new, highly-anticipated jersey on September 4 at Flames Central at 1:30 p.m.

Flames fans are invited to attend the event for free (ticket required for entry).

Click here to order your tickets

The Calgary Flames Jersey Unveiling takes place on Tuesday, September 4 at Flames Central, 219 ? 8th Avenue S.W. Doors open at 1:00 pm with the presentation starting at 1:30 p.m.

Tickets are FREE and only available online through Ticketmaster.ca Max of two (2) general admission tickets per order.

Please note there is a limited amount of tickets available and they will be dispersed based on a first come- first served basis

Thanks for being a Calgary Flames Fan!

ok, after sifting through all the banter and senseless whining about every new jersey or logo that is unveiled,.......

this is what happens when you get fans that are so hung up on tradition that they refuse to embrace modern design. you get a mashup that nobody seems to be happy with. just ask the San Diego Chargers

that being said, these new Canucks unis could be great with minor tweaking...such as:

- make the orca royal blue and outline the logo in green. the fact that there is no navy on the jersey and no green on the primary logo looks unfinished. unify the two.

- bring the blue on the white jersey all the way down to the hemline (been touched on by everyone else it seems), and add green to the collar on both jerseys.

- modern numbers are good. the fact they have no outline, not good. a green outline of some sort would look great. one color numbers only look good on one color uniforms (red wings, coyotes, leafs).

- the C-rink is to the NHL what the ball/glove logo is to MLB. a cheesy dated design that too many lost souls want to see resurrected full time. Ill give the Canucks this though, at least they attempted to bring it up to date.

and whereas it appears that the canucks have attempted to incorporate every element from thier entire history, at least they stayed away from V patterns, flying skates, and gradients.

Archived