BBM

2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

btw, I went to the Sharks Store at the Shark Tank today to buy a new hat. I've been informed that the new Sharks uniforms will be unveiled on Sept. 17th. It is also the day of the annual Teal vs. White game. Meaning that on the day the uniforms are unveiled that they will also be seen in action.

I love them, they are a definite upgrade. I don't see much to complain about. Maybe just reduce the size of the Vancouver wordmark and thats it.

I love them, they are a definite upgrade. I don't see much to complain about. Maybe just reduce the size of the Vancouver wordmark and thats it.

Seriously. They went to a great color scheme. They went with the traditional horizontal striping. No piping anywhere. No odd color panels. The arched city name looks classy. They even kept rink n stick on the shoulder (where something like that belongs).

Frankly, A+ from me.

I like these new Canucks uniforms. The home is a lot nicer then the road.

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

ok, now lookin at the jersey in this pic. I like the designs and the wordmark, I just hate both recoloring of the logo. its doesnt look right on the jerseys

It's funny to think that the people who are complaining about the jerseys were praising the stick rink logo and the colors 3 weeks ago. Some people can just never be pleased.

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

They are not the 1st to do this. They followed along the footsteps of the 1980s St-Louis Blues.

Link

I am very torn about these... I like them and yet I don't like them. The jersey design looks great... when not being worn. I don't know why, but the horizontal stripe at the bottom of the chest looks odd when you have a convex piece of fabric hanging down from it over the shorts. It looks kind of weird when it has that cut and design right above it (maybe a reason why many teams elected not to use bottom stripes??) I don't mind the text over the logo that much, but I do think if removed and the logo raised on the chest that it would look much better. The colours look great (lighter blue, sharp green) and to me, look best on the dark jersey. It isn't perfect, but it isn't awful... and I do kind of hope to see other teams in that same kind of template, sans bottom stripe...

The area under the body stripe should match the color of the area under the sleeve stripes. So on the white jersey, the bottom of the body should be blue (or, under the sleeves should be white.)

The wordmark sucks, makes the jersey look way too busy. Apart from that they're nice, but the Vacouver just ruins it.

The canucks did a nice upgrade, very impressed

The area under the body stripe should match the color of the area under the sleeve stripes. So on the white jersey, the bottom of the body should be blue (or, under the sleeves should be white.)

Agreed it would also make the bottom look better as it would blend in with the shorts.

As for the Penguins here is something interesting from their website regarding their uniforms.

QUESTION: I just wanted to know if the Penguins are keeping the jersey and logo the same or are they going to make changes like some of the other teams who have already released their uniform designs?

-Matthew in Butler

BOB GROVE: The mail just continues to stream in about the Penguins' new Reebok Edge uniforms. Look for the Penguins to unveil the new uniforms prior to the start of camp. But to reiterate: no new logo. There are no major changes to the uniforms, no changes requested by the team. The slight modifications to the uniforms will be the same as those made to the uniforms of every team. While some other NHL teams (including Washington, San Jose and Ottawa) are making logo changes, the Penguins are not.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=336406

I really like the new Vancouver set. Just a couple of things that I don't like. I'm indifferent to the wordmark. I'm not sure if it makes the jersey too cluttered, or is a unique touch. They should have gone with a royal orca breaking through white ice, the navy orca looks terrible. They should have kept the original stick-in-rink as the shoulder logo, and used a more traditional font. The bottom half of the sleeves should be white. These are a huge upgrade IMO, and they show that any team can have horizontal striping if they want.

that annoys me a bit too, along with the different stripe pattern between the jerseys and the two different colored logos. overall, I think the home jersey is quite a bit better than the away version.

ok, after sifting through all the banter and senseless whining about every new jersey or logo that is unveiled,.......

this is what happens when you get fans that are so hung up on tradition that they refuse to embrace modern design. you get a mashup that nobody seems to be happy with. just ask the San Diego Chargers

I'd be fine with them if they dropped the wordmark. It's ugly and silly and it ruins an otherwise fine look.

In a perfect world, however, I'd like to have seen them go for slightly darker shades of blue and green (there's just something so 70's about those colours) and incorporate a little of the silver (but then they'd be straying into Whalers territory) and maybe some green trim on the orca logo. The wordmark just kills it though.

While I know it's "classic" it's a strange feeling for me because, being a child of the 80's, even today when I think of Vancouver I think of black, red, and yellow...

sweater04_082907_big.jpg

Just noticed something else. NO REEBOK TAG AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT!

The logo that appears on there website should be on the jerseys. Its a different shade of blue and much nicer imo.

It's the same logo and colors (with two blues). It the crest material which makes the navy seem darker on the jersey than the computer image.

For now, B-.

Lose the wordmark. Put green in the collar. That'll get you an A.