2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Only way to tell is if someone has found a jersey that has been released that has the same exact shading and everything, since no one has, i guess i can believe the flames jersey leak as real.

As for the poster that said Canucks fans don't have tradition, stick to cheering for a team you like, don't chime in on something you know little to nothing about. IN every poll taken from radio shows, sports shows, news shows that had one and even canucks boards on various sports sites, the choices usually are in a huge majority in favour of the Stick/Ring logo. A canuck is a canadian, a stick and rink is as canadian as it can get, the skate was as well...the whale? Not so much which is why fans (the MAJORITY OF THEM) dislike it.

How ****'n hard is that to understand?

Some people need to visit their local learning centres. Reading is a fundamental that needs to be learned.

Take a deep breath, and step away from the computer, mate. You're losing it.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up with the skate logo so when i think canucks, i think of Pavel Bure, Kirk McLean and Alexander Mogilny in the skate logo uniforms. My biggest memory of them was rooting for the canucks during the 94 season because i so badly wanted the rangers to lose in the finals.

Amen. Exactly my thoughts.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

Yeah, it's the same thing only the stripes are thinner and there's a wordmark. I wonder if Colorado keeps their mountain pattern with all these teams going with straight sleeves.

I think they do, and if they don't I'll be absolutely horrified.

I think I recall reading an article a bit ago where it said that the Reebok people made mention of the fact that some teams with traditional, meaning historical to them, designs, would be able to keep them, such as the Red Wings and Avalanche. I could be totally off base on that though.

Sure hope not, of course.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

a stick and rink is as canadian as it can get, the skate was as well...

HOW!? The stick-on-rink definately says "HOCKEY!" but in no way would I say that logo says "CANADIAN!"

Likewise with the skate logo. The skate definately says "ICE-SKATING!" but doesn't say "HOCKEY!" and certainly doesn't say "CANADIAN!" (although it does literally have the word CANUCKS attached to it, that word specifically being the only thing in the logo that is unmistakably Canadian.)

Both those logos work fine at communicating the SPORT they represent, but do an incredibly piss-poor job and communicating what country, city or region they belong to, which the name CANUCKS, by definition, requires.

the whale? Not so much which is why fans (the MAJORITY OF THEM) dislike it.

How ****'n hard is that to understand?

The Orca logo is representative of the Inuit/Native-Canadian culture that's inherent within British Columbia (which would qualify as being Canadian, which is what a Canuck is), and an interpretation of an animal that roams the pacific coast of British Columbia, even if it was, non-so-coincidentally also the mascot of the corporation that ran the team (which, in all honesty, never matters as there have been many sports franchises born solely out of corporate identities). It doesn't exactly scream "Canucks" or "Canadian", but compared to the other two logos, works a hell-of-a-lot better than the other logos ever did combined.

I wholeheartedly agree with the people that say that the only reason why people prefer the stick-on-rink logo or the skate logo over the Orca is simply because they had more nostalgia behind them. The Orca is still a much better logo.

The people of Vancouver are free to choose their identity, but it's a crying shame that they don't want the Orca.

Some people need to visit their local learning centres. Reading is a fundamental that needs to be learned.

Oh, we can read. We are just apparently not allowed to disagree.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Hey, I'm suprised nobody's mentioned that the Canucks' stick n rink logo is a blatant ripoff of Montreal's CH. Not to mention the name. But we're canadian, we love having 2 teams in the same league named the same thing. Hey, how about they change the name to the Vancouver Roughriders?

How long did the Canucks have the rink n stick logo for anyways? 7 years right? Doesn't exactly conjure up a great deal of nostalgia.

Bring back the abstract skate!

thecatch.jpg

How about discussing a different topic other than the Canucks since its unlikely fans in vancouver will EVER be satisfied with their current jersey design

What (if any) are the rumours going around about the new thrashers unis?

or the devils who are due for a modernization of their NJ?

I doubt the Devs would change, since they just got won a buttload of Stanley Cups with those jerseys. They're nice and I don't think the fans in New Jersey would like it very much if they scrapped the look they have now. Maybe the stripe at the bottom of the jersey will change, but that's about it. A shoulder patch wouldn't be a bad idea either.

As for the Thrashers... well... they got to do something because those things are really ugly. The logo looks like a poop monster being flushed down the toilet. (I'd write :censored: monster but I'm not allowed to) It's kind of a fitting logo, seeing as how this organization seems to be heading into the toilet as well.

I, for one, hope they go with those baby blue uniforms because nobody else in the NHL uses that shade of blue as a primary colour. My guess is they'll go with a dark & light blue-red-yellow variation of the Predators/Panthers RBK template.

thecatch.jpg

Someone needs to "leak" a fake jersey with a green and blue skate logo on it. That will really stir things up.

As long as no one mocks up a jersey that's a blue/green flying V, I'm good.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Someone needs to "leak" a fake jersey with a green and blue skate logo on it. That will really stir things up.

No skate logo that you speak of, but I thought this was interesting that foofighter15 at HF Boards posted.

63ikidg.jpg

I would not mind those at all, if the REAL unis are anything close to this, it will be an upgrade...

No skate logo that you speak of, but I thought this was interesting that foofighter15 at HF Boards posted.

63ikidg.jpg

Does Gatorade make the top of your ears bleed too? That's why I stopped drinking the stuff. Just beer for me now.

Also, what's up with his helmet?

thecatch.jpg

Look guys what I found surfing the links of NHL shop. They have since taken it down but luckily I have it cached on my computer so I took a cell phone pic (my print screen button is broken). Do you think this might be the new Canucks uniform? ^_^

canucksleak.jpg

There's very little chance this is the new Leafs jersey. In addition to the fact that it's a crummy shot of just a little bit of a uniform and therefore likely another jersey just photoshopped with the obvious parts cut out, this jersey still uses silver which I thought was rumored to be gone (but maybe not) and more importantly, the numbers are a single patch. The 1 and 6 are not separate numbers but one patch with their own outline. I don't think this would ever happen. It's something that happens when you're lazily outlining on photoshop or illustrator though.

newleafs.jpg

There's very little chance this is the new Leafs jersey. In addition to the fact that it's a crummy shot of just a little bit of a uniform and therefore likely another jersey just photoshopped with the obvious parts cut out, this jersey still uses silver which I thought was rumored to be gone (but maybe not) and more importantly, the numbers are a single patch. The 1 and 6 are not separate numbers but one patch with their own outline. I don't think this would ever happen. It's something that happens when you're lazily outlining on photoshop or illustrator though.

newleafs.jpg

Maybe it's a real jersey, and the patch is in loving memory of Darcy Tucker.

My heartfelt condolenses to the Tucker family. -_-

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived