2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

"Exact same shirt as last year, minus, TML shoulder patches, bottom stripes are gone, (sleeves stripes remain). Silver twill is gone. Number font is the same as last year, block style, basically Marlies lettering -- blue, white blue, and white blue white. Names remain one colour as per last year. Very, very plain."

No Toronto fans commenting about this little tid-bit? I can understand Chris being so distraut at his Jays having such a terrible season to pay attention right now, but the rest of you.. come on. Even I'm mad about this.

I think people are just desensitized at this point. The Edge switchover has been largely a fiasco. We have seen some TERRIBLE uniforms. Something as (relatively) minor as losing a bottom stripe no longer seems like such a big deal.

I'm actually starting to think the rounded hems make the bottom stripes look weirder.

Plus, I'm just relieved that we're not getting one of the abominations other teams are getting.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a picture of the new Wild jersey at the Wild message boards, legit. What's the rule for posting this kind of stuff again?

I can't stand that circle logo. The bear head is strong enough to be the primary on its own. I get the "retro" idea but it just doesn't work for me.

There's a picture of the new Wild jersey at the Wild message boards, legit. What's the rule for posting this kind of stuff again?

I can't stand that circle logo. The bear head is strong enough to be the primary on its own. I get the "retro" idea but it just doesn't work for me.

well it couldve been worse, i.e. still the christmas sweaters. i think its an upgrade.

Re: the new Wild jersey

The continuing removal of hem stripes is really starting to grind my gears. There's a lot of empty space at the bottom of a lot of NHL jerseys now. Um, guys, you did get the memo that the whole "tucked-in" idea got scrapped, right?

Apparently, it was sent out in the new season ticket booklets. In my mind, that makes it fair game, but I don't want to step on any toes or get anyone in trouble, especially since I'm Captain 35 posts here.

If the Wild put it out it should be fair game. Here is the thread on the official Minnesota Wild message board.

48645755gh0.jpg

I'm the opposite. The circle logo just classes the thing up. The bear head was a bit too gimmicky for my tastes. The smaller it is, the better it looks.

Apparently, it was sent out in the new season ticket booklets. In my mind, that makes it fair game, but I don't want to step on any toes or get anyone in trouble, especially since I'm Captain 35 posts here.

If the Wild put it out it should be fair game. Here is the thread on the official Minnesota Wild message board.

48645755gh0.jpg

Looks alright. Wee bit too plain but the logo's good and it's clean and not busy busy busy like the Isles did with virtually the same design. I would've liked them to stay in green, though

hate that circle logo..ill hold judgment until i see white jersey

I think the white will be quite nice!

I may be in the minority, but I hope they do the "off-white" like they did with the All Star jersey.

I'd like to see that too!

That'd be different.

The removal of the torso stripes has me a bit upset. The jerseys look like long-sleeve shirts, now. Not like jerseys.

The stripes completed the jersey. Now they look very bare.

leafs07.jpg

Why would the Leafs ditch the bottom stripes? It's not like their unis have that many features to begin with. I would at least hope for a white lace-up collar to offset some of the potential blandness.

Disappointing if this rumor is true. Not Nashville or Florida disappointing but still a let down. :D

What is it with people who like lace-up collars? They're stupid.

Anyway, I doubt Toronto would release something this bland. You might as well just get a plain blue sweater and sew a logo on the front.

Archived