2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I've mentioned in the past that with their long history of unsatisfactory logos, maybe the Canucks should just give up and go with a wordmark on the front (like the Capitals) or even diagonal text (like the Rangers). That would have looked better on these retro-designed jerseys than the orca and arched text.

That said, by now some of you are probably wondering which one of these I like enough to put on my new v3.1 Canucks sig. The answer is actually "none of the above", but I have to put something on there, so, as I did with my previous Canucks sig (with the old stick-and-rink), I'll once again go with the "least worst" of the bunch, which this time would be "Vachonny Canuck":

nhlvancouverbh1.png

For some reason, that "V" Johnny Canuck logo makes me hungry.

I think I know WHY!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The removal of the torso stripes has me a bit upset. The jerseys look like long-sleeve shirts, now. Not like jerseys.

The stripes completed the jersey. Now they look very bare.

leafs07.jpg

Why would the Leafs ditch the bottom stripes? It's not like their unis have that many features to begin with. I would at least hope for a white lace-up collar to offset some of the potential blandness.

Disappointing if this rumor is true. Not Nashville or Florida disappointing but still a let down. :D

What is it with people who like lace-up collars? They're stupid.

Anyway, I doubt Toronto would release something this bland. You might as well just get a plain blue sweater and sew a logo on the front.

Even though I say this, you probably won't...

But believe me when I say that this will be their final jersey. It's a mock up based on fact I whipped together in 5 mins. Howard Berger's blog at HockeyBuzz.com says:

***UPDATE (Aug. 31, 10:35 a.m. EDT): RECEIVED THIS NOTE TODAY FROM A LICENSED STORE OWNER WHO HAS SEEN THE NEW LEAFS JERSEY.

"Exact same shirt as last year, minus, TML shoulder patches, bottom stripes are gone, (sleeves stripes remain). Silver twill is gone. Number font is the same as last year, block style, basically Marlies lettering -- blue, white blue, and white blue white. Names remain one colour as per last year. Very, very plain."

And further more, a fellow on HFBoards.com has some sort of connection to a store that sells jerseys. And he absolutley nailed the Canucks jerseys from the smallest detail to the biggest one. He was describing them about a month ago. And they turned out to be exactly what he said. Well, that same guy says that this is what the Leafs will be doing. Same socks, and same pants.

Hi all, My name is Kyle, im 19 and Im new here!! I can see you guys have a very long thread going on here, and being a huge leafs fan, I look foward to seeing what they will look like, I saw the ones above on the page, and they looked kind of plain, I hope Howard Berger of the Fan 590 has been given some bad information, because without the bottom stripes, it looks like a T Shirt with a logo on it!! Gross, But better then the CBC concept I saw on Tv!

The removal of the torso stripes has me a bit upset. The jerseys look like long-sleeve shirts, now. Not like jerseys.

leafs07.jpg

RBK would never allow this. Not "Edgy" enough. It needs piping, side panels, and chest numbers. BIG chest numbers.

leafs07.jpg

RBK would never allow this. Not "Edgy" enough. It needs piping, side panels, and chest numbers. BIG chest numbers.

Good Point!

Someone should whip up a great new concept for the Sabres.

Check it out.... The jersey will look like the royal blue ones they originally wore, with the original logo on the shoulders (but the buffalo should be a little meaner-looking). The main crest logo will be the goat head logo, but in white and grey instead of red and black. And then there'll be the "Buffalo" taken from the AHL Bisons' Pepsi-cap logo above the goat head.

That would be sweet, and then nobody could complain about the slug anymore.

Seriously whats the point of leaving the bottom of the jersey blank. All it does is make the jersey look like a dress and look incomplete.

My idea is that Reebok knows nothing about the history of hockey and want to make the league just like all the other sports league, Basketball, Baseball, Football all have nothing going on in the ballsack area and that's what they seem to want to do.

Sad really, trashing history like that, but we can do nothing about it...

Its not reebok's fault the teams had a large say in the new uniforms.

I don't know to me it looks like they showed prototypes to choose from and the teams chose what they liked best. Not all the teams did it but by the looks of it it's not normal that almost every team is dropping their bottom stripes, no one complained about them so why ditch them now ?

It looks like Reebok's design team hated them and tried to get rid of them anyway they could..

48645755gh0.jpg

It's ok... I, too, don't like the stripeless bottom of the jersey, it's throwing me off because I'm so used to the green on bottom. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

Also, I'm on board hoping that they go with the off-white away uni, that would be terrific.

qvAvG.jpg

I hate how so many teams have gotten rid of stripes at the hemline. It makes a jersey look so plain, empty, and boring. The mock-up of the supposed Leafs jersey is just another example.

I don't get it. If rbk is making the players tuck these in, why don't they put stripes in there then? They might as well be tucked in!

Wow then let me say for Toronto : Most Boring Uniform EVER !

It is bland, and plain, yuck, If they adopt that, I don't know If I'll watch a game of hockey this year!

:rolleyes:

I know this is a uniform board, but seriously.... you'l stop watching a sport over two stripes on the bottom of a jersey?

Its not reebok's fault the teams had a large say in the new uniforms.

Are you serious? All of the sudden alot of teams jump on the vertical elements / piping and no hem stripe train? Not to mention from what we have seen that there are a number of teams that seem to look extremely similar to others? But this was by and large the work of the teams themselves...

Archived