2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My crappy photoshop job...

Moved the "Vancouver" down, ditched the orca, added front #. Me likey this.

photoshopvancou.png

Now THAT I like!!! They should have given you some of the $1,000,000 and gone with your version.

Now THAT I like!!!

I'm not sure I could dislike that idea any more than I do right now.

Number on front: hating this trend.

Rink "logo": well, no, it's an oval with a stripe.

Wordmark only above nam...

:sleeping:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My crappy photoshop job...

Moved the "Vancouver" down, ditched the orca, added front #. Me likey this.

photoshopvancou.png

Now THAT I like!!! They should have given you some of the $1,000,000 and gone with your version.

Now THAT I like!!!

That jersey is perfect to me

From HF Boards

flyersjersey.psd.jpg

Also remember the previous Flyers back jersey didn't have a bottom stripe. I think the white part ends too high. The orange needs to be lowered.

Philly's looks good. But like Minnesota, they should've gone back to orange instead of black just like the Wild should've stuck with green instead of red. Of course both of those issues can be resolved with alternate jerseys next year. Either way both teams look solid

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

You know what... I may end up getting death threats for saying this, but I'm starting to warm up to these new RBK jerseys.

They've all been improvements in my opinion, except for the Predators whose jersey looks just as crappy as it did before the changes.

At first I was yelling bloody murder over the desecration of our old NHL jerseys, but this is the new look of the NHL and it's pretty cool that so many teams are unveiling new jerseys this summer.

Now that the new Flyers' jerseys have been leaked I expect about 3 pages of Philly fans talking about how they're gonna boycott their team or some such nonesense. Just like Canucks fans did a few days ago and Sens fans did last week. So I just wanted to say this before the " RBK SUX AZZ!!!1!111!!!1! Bring back the jresys ferom 1984... duh me fail english thats unpossible" posts started raining down on this thread. Some of you guys tend to sound like bitter old grandmas who spell like 4 year olds.

I think that the old NHL jerseys were seriously outdated and compared to other sports, the fabrics we were using were ancient. It's just progress and we'll all get used to it. I like both jerseys that were allegedly leaked today. Minny & Philly.

Oh and stripes at the bottom of jerseys are soooooooooo last year. Make way for progress!

thecatch.jpg

You know what... I may end up getting death threats for saying this, but I'm starting to warm up to these new RBK jerseys.

They've all been improvements in my opinion, except for the Predators whose jersey looks just as crappy as it did before the changes.

At first I was yelling bloody murder over the desecration of our old NHL jerseys, but this is the new look of the NHL and it's pretty cool that so many teams are unveiling new jerseys this summer.

Now that the new Flyers' jerseys have been leaked I expect about 3 pages of Philly fans talking about how they're gonna boycott their team or some such nonesense. Just like Canucks fans did a few days ago and Sens fans did last week. So I just wanted to say this before the " RBK SUX AZZ!!!1!111!!!1! Bring back the jresys ferom 1984... duh me fail english thats unpossible" posts started raining down on this thread. Some of you guys tend to sound like bitter old grandmas who spell like 4 year olds.

I think that the old NHL jerseys were seriously outdated and compared to other sports, the fabrics we were using were ancient. It's just progress and we'll all get used to it. I like both jerseys that were allegedly leaked today. Minny & Philly.

Oh and stripes at the bottom of jerseys are soooooooooo last year. Make way for progress!

Nobody says you can't like the new jerseys... but it's ****ing annoying to listen to someone be hypocritical by (in a manner of speaking) saying people can't hate them. You can love them all you want, just don't be a hypocrit and start saying people sound like "bitter old grandmas" simply because they don't agree with your opinions.

I hate most of the new jerseys... and being a Flyers fan I have to say seeing that Flyers leak I think they look atrocious. Who cares if they look like other sports? The only uniforms so far that look good AT ALL are Boston and Columbus. The Canucks would be nice if the jersey wasn't ruined by two things; the front logo/script/crap and the way the bottoms of the jersey aren't straight any more. Particularly looking at the white jersey (on a player) it hangs down and looks like something a woman would wear.

Makes it look too rec-league.

And usually, it's the Canucks' play on the ice taking care of that detail.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

this is the type of jersey that HAS to change one day. there's no way they will wear these for 20 years. no way. i give these 5 years. the canucks still don't have an identity. IMO, they would have been better off changing the colours to maroon and white and just putting a giant white "V" on the front. simple, plain, retro and new. they should have started from scratch, not mashed together all their crappy jerseys from the past.

One of the first things I thought when I saw these jerseys was that it would be really easy to put a different logo on them, and/or remove the word mark, and call it a day. The colours and striping are a solid base to work from.

I would not have wanted anything that echoed the stupidty that was the Flying V jerseys. If you want to go with the Vancouver Millionaire's look, thats fine, but it would be better to have something like their smaller V as the logo than something inspired by the early 80's look.

Over all, I can forgive the Canuck's their errors by avoiding these things: Piping for the sake of piping, and vertical stripes. Still, they tried to appeal to too many different groups and made a mish-mash.

At least it looks like a hockey jersey, and not a practice jersey. Which is more than what some of the other teams can say.

These jerseys would be great if they brought back the WHL Johnny Canuck logo. The thing I like most about this uniform change was that they brought back stripes on the pants. With so many teams ditching the waist stripes, I think pant stripes offer a nice contrast when teams wear their home dark jerseys

Nobody says you can't like the new jerseys... but it's ****ing annoying to listen to someone be hypocritical by (in a manner of speaking) saying people can't hate them. You can love them all you want, just don't be a hypocrit and start saying people sound like "bitter old grandmas" simply because they don't agree with your opinions.

I hate most of the new jerseys... and being a Flyers fan I have to say seeing that Flyers leak I think they look atrocious. Who cares if they look like other sports? The only uniforms so far that look good AT ALL are Boston and Columbus. The Canucks would be nice if the jersey wasn't ruined by two things; the front logo/script/crap and the way the bottoms of the jersey aren't straight any more. Particularly looking at the white jersey (on a player) it hangs down and looks like something a woman would wear.

Valid points... especially about the bottom of the jerseys. I'm not saying that you're not allowed to dislike a jersey, I was merely criticizing people who over react and call for a boycott.

I stand behind the NHL equipment being outdated, though. I mean, they were still wearing frickin' wool socks. Well, maybe not wool, but a wool like fabric.

You have to admit that it is pretty cool that so many teams are unveiling new jerseys. I think that eventually this will either become what the NHL looks like in terms of jerseys or some fad that 10 years down the line we will all be nostalgic for.

thecatch.jpg

Two things the Flyers new jersey looks like... At first I noticed it looked like a bib you might wear while going to eat lobster or something... then I realized the bloody design makes it look like a woman's little black dress... so wonderful, now they need to rename the team the Philadelphia Fillies because every home game is going to look like a bunch of women having a night out on the town. :cry: :cry: :cry:

wow.jpg

Valid points... especially about the bottom of the jerseys. I'm not saying that you're not allowed to dislike a jersey, I was merely criticizing people who over react and call for a boycott.

I stand behind the NHL equipment being outdated, though. I mean, they were still wearing frickin' wool socks. Well, maybe not wool, but a wool like fabric.

You have to admit that it is pretty cool that so many teams are unveiling new jerseys. I think that eventually this will either become what the NHL looks like in terms of jerseys or some fad that 10 years down the line we will all be nostalgic for.

I must point out. I have nothing against "new" and nothing against "change." I do agree that equipment can be outdated, as well as material used for jerseys... I just DON'T see why a material should limit keeping certain designs, or should force so many teams to go cookie-cutter with designs. One of the many things that made hockey great was how different so many jerseys were. Granted, at a point a lot of teams looked the same, but you take Philly for example, NO ONE used that design... or so many other teams who now just either look the same as everyone else or really REALLY bad.

Hahahahaha... Yeah, the famed little black dress. Well Briere does look like a girl.

Yeah it is kinda cookie cutter, that really bugs me too. But, eventually teams will develop their own identity. 1 year and such radical changes made it kind of hard to come up with 30 different ideas.

thecatch.jpg

From HF Boards

flyersjersey.psd.jpg

Also remember the previous Flyers back jersey didn't have a bottom stripe. I think the white part ends too high. The orange needs to be lowered.

Haha! They stole Ottawa's and Pittsburgh's and Tampa Bay's template and recolored it!

Huh? They are not the same template. The orange curves up where as the Ottawa and Tampa unis the stripes curve down toward the bottom of the sleeve.

Ah, but...how do we know that he just isn't holding the jersey where the top part of the sleeve is folding in, like such?

flyersjersey.jpg

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived