2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't see this posted yet. Apparently it came with information about season tickets.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/jarick/DSC08425.jpg

Go look through the last three pages of this thread. You'll see the picture many times.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

THAT LEAFS JERSEY ISNT REAL! READ MY ABOVE POST!@

Trust me, pal. This is what you should be expecting:

leafs07-1.jpg

Two good sources reporting the exact same thing.

It looks a little better in the edge template, but I can see why CBC enlarged the logo, although you cannot get much bigger can you, can someone make an edge concept of the exact same jersey with TML logo?

EDIT: If its not too much trouble, I'd do it myself, but I don't have a photoshop program anymore!

Makes it look too rec-league.

And usually, it's the Canucks' play on the ice taking care of that detail.

WHAMMY!

Making it to the 3rd round in the playoffs and having the best goalie in the league, having the best defense, as well as 2 of the best at cycling the puck downlow, means we're rec league?

Learn something new everyday...

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

WHAMMY!

Making it to the 3rd round in the playoffs and having the best goalie in the league, having the best defense, as well as 2 of the best at cycling the puck downlow, means we're rec league?

I'm drawing a blank. I know they beat Dallas in the 1st round, but I can't recall who Vancouver beat in the 2nd round.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

WHAMMY!

1. You made it to the 2nd round.

2. Debateable, but Brodeur is better.

3. Anaheim and LA has a better defence. I'm sure there are others better too.

espnsignq8.png

WHAMMY!

1. You made it to the 2nd round.

2. Debateable, but Brodeur is better.

3. Anaheim and LA has a better defence. I'm sure there are others better too.

L.A.???

Hi, how are you?

Hahahahaha... Yeah, the famed little black dress. Well Briere does look like a girl.

Yeah it is kinda cookie cutter, that really bugs me too. But, eventually teams will develop their own identity. 1 year and such radical changes made it kind of hard to come up with 30 different ideas.

and cash in on a new jersey change in a few years again

right now its the 'evolution', in 5 years we'll see teams doing the 'adaptation' as they break away from the template

The removal of the torso stripes has me a bit upset. The jerseys look like long-sleeve shirts, now. Not like jerseys.

The stripes completed the jersey. Now they look very bare.

leafs07.jpg

Why would the Leafs ditch the bottom stripes? It's not like their unis have that many features to begin with. I would at least hope for a white lace-up collar to offset some of the potential blandness.

Disappointing if this rumor is true. Not Nashville or Florida disappointing but still a let down. :D

What is it with people who like lace-up collars? They're stupid.

Anyway, I doubt Toronto would release something this bland. You might as well just get a plain blue sweater and sew a logo on the front.

Even though I say this, you probably won't...

But believe me when I say that this will be their final jersey. It's a mock up based on fact I whipped together in 5 mins. Howard Berger's blog at HockeyBuzz.com says:

***UPDATE (Aug. 31, 10:35 a.m. EDT): RECEIVED THIS NOTE TODAY FROM A LICENSED STORE OWNER WHO HAS SEEN THE NEW LEAFS JERSEY.

"Exact same shirt as last year, minus, TML shoulder patches, bottom stripes are gone, (sleeves stripes remain). Silver twill is gone. Number font is the same as last year, block style, basically Marlies lettering -- blue, white blue, and white blue white. Names remain one colour as per last year. Very, very plain."

And further more, a fellow on HFBoards.com has some sort of connection to a store that sells jerseys. And he absolutley nailed the Canucks jerseys from the smallest detail to the biggest one. He was describing them about a month ago. And they turned out to be exactly what he said. Well, that same guy says that this is what the Leafs will be doing. Same socks, and same pants.

That email also backed up something I was told about a month ago. I have seen evidence of this new lettering on this Jason Blake mini stick I saw for sale where it was the lettering was the same as it is described in that message. The only new piece of info I have been hearing on it is that the Leaf will be a lot bigger on the chest which will make up for some of the empty space. Otherwise, I'd take this plain jersey over something busy or generic like the Canucks or Senators.

ALSO, an observation I have made. I believe the Kings jersey is based off the Isles/Wild template due to the shape of the sleve stripes and the yolk.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

for the new jerseys:

Wild - they look exactly like the islanders but change the colors and logos. the white shoulder piping is unnecessary and tacky. There really was no need to change the alternate, it was fine as it was. Complete downgrade.

Grade: C

Flyers - they look too much like the senators template. I may still need to see this in action before making a grade. It seems like they missed an opportunity here.

Grade: C+(subject to change)

Maple Leafs - the only thing that dissapoints me here is that they didn't get buffasluged, i really wanted them to have a set that i could laugh at. However, since the isles have a set that everyone laughs at now, we really have no room for laughter. But they can be laughed at for no hem stripes as it makes the jersey seem more empty.

Grade: B-

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Thats not the real Leafs jersey. If you think it is then wow... I heard on a radio and Ferguson said there staying the same with only minor changes (the silver being gone and maybe the TML logo).

Btw that Wild jersey looks amazing. I really like thta.

Um... it is the same jersey, minus the bottom stripe. I have heard from 3 sources (2 very reliable, one so-so) that the jersey will remain the same, minus TML and silver outlines, minus bottom stripe and a larger crest logo. In a way, those can be considered "minor tweeks" as the whole of the jersey will essentially be the same, just missing 1 little stripe. Otherwise, the arms are supposed to look the same. After seeing how Vancouvers looks on the players with that bottom stripe, I can see why they have disappeared. They look AWFUL with a semi-circular piece of fabric hanging down below them...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

THAT LEAFS JERSEY ISNT REAL! READ MY ABOVE POST!@

Trust me, pal. This is what you should be expecting:

leafs07-1.jpg

Two good sources reporting the exact same thing.

Raise the crest and make it a little bigger and that should be it...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Thats not the real Leafs jersey. If you think it is then wow... I heard on a radio and Ferguson said there staying the same with only minor changes (the silver being gone and maybe the TML logo).

Um... it is the same jersey, minus the bottom stripe. I have heard from 3 sources (2 very reliable, one so-so) that the jersey will remain the same, minus TML and silver outlines, minus bottom stripe and a larger crest logo. In a way, those can be considered "minor tweeks" as the whole of the jersey will essentially be the same, just missing 1 little stripe. Otherwise, the arms are supposed to look the same. After seeing how Vancouvers looks on the players with that bottom stripe, I can see why they have disappeared. They look AWFUL with a semi-circular piece of fabric hanging down below them...

How much bigger? The existing Leafs logo is perfectly proportioned to the jersey. After seeing that horrible CBC diagram (even if it was bogus), a BIGGER logo makes me a bit nervous.

zzPEfBm.png

After seeing how Vancouvers looks on the players with that bottom stripe, I can see why they have disappeared. They look AWFUL with a semi-circular piece of fabric hanging down below them...

Not all the teams have the rounded bottom, at least from what I have seen !

All have a rounded bottom, they just dont seem that "round" when not on a player. Once worn, boy do they look like short night gowns.

How much bigger? The existing Leafs logo is perfectly proportioned to the jersey. After seeing that horrible CBC diagram (even if it was bogus), a BIGGER logo makes me a bit nervous.

Not THAT big (that segment was pure bs) but larger than it has been.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived