2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

The SRC in Canada (aka CBC French) had a little piece on the Canadiens jerseys including a very brief glimpse of the red jersey. It does look the same for the most part, although that underarm panel does somewhat break up the body stripe.

EDIT: I found a video clip of it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

I'm getting a video clip of Rick Astley

I think we've just been Rick Rolled. :D

zzPEfBm.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The SRC in Canada (aka CBC French) had a little piece on the Canadiens jerseys including a very brief glimpse of the red jersey. It does look the same for the most part, although that underarm panel does somewhat break up the body stripe.

EDIT: I found a video clip of it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

laughingvy8.gif

Well played, sir, well played!

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

As for the hem stripes dissapearing...

Don't you think it has everthing to do with that new curve? I'm guessing the teams couldn't figure out how to reconcile the traditional horizontal stripe with that curve. (If you look at that white Vancouver jersey, it does look odd.) Some of the teams just ignored it, but I'll bet a lot looked at that curve and said "lose that bottom hem."

Don't you think it has everthing to do with that new curve? I'm guessing the teams couldn't figure out how to reconcile the traditional horizontal stripe with that curve. (If you look at that white Vancouver jersey, it does look odd.) Some of the teams just ignored it, but I'll bet a lot looked at that curve and said "lose that bottom hem."

Well, with horizontal stripes along the hem being pretty much the hockey jersey standard, you'd think Reebok or the NHL might have respected that tradition enough to maybe do away with the whole curve thing altogether. Is it really such a necessary component to the Edge design?

zzPEfBm.png

Well, with horizontal stripes along the hem being pretty much the hockey jersey standard, you'd think Reebok or the NHL might have respected that tradition enough to maybe do away with the whole curve thing altogether. Is it really such a necessary component to the Edge design?

10%. PERCENT. FASTER.

:P

10%. PERCENT. FASTER.

:P

I agree they should put bottom stripes on several of the new ones. The ones that need em the most are Tampa and Minnesota. Way too much empty space right now.

From HF Boards

flyersjersey.psd.jpg

Also remember the previous Flyers back jersey didn't have a bottom stripe. I think the white part ends too high. The orange needs to be lowered.

Haha! They stole Ottawa's and Pittsburgh's and Tampa Bay's template and recolored it!

Huh? They are not the same template. The orange curves up where as the Ottawa and Tampa unis the stripes curve down toward the bottom of the sleeve.

Ah, but...how do we know that he just isn't holding the jersey where the top part of the sleeve is folding in, like such?

flyersjersey.jpg

newflyersjerseycr0.jpg

I should preface this by saying I'm American who only got into hockey after playing NHL 92, so my ties are not nearly as strong as most of you folks. I like the new look. Mostly all of them. I hate change in the NFL. There, I said it. I love the NFL, so I can only imagine what this is like, with a league-wide change. Here's my only explanation (all logic, no heart): Football i traditionally a pretty sloppy sport. it can be slow, methodical, muddy, all on what was once a tangled field of grass. Those uniforms look great as simple, work wear style sets. I know hockey is just as physical, if not more than football, but its also a beautiful sport. When I watch hockey, everything is really slick and modern looking. A white playing surface, clean lines all around, glass and well lit. I think tight lines and bold graphics are going to pop so well on regular broadcasts, not to mention HD. With less bulk to the uniforms(along with fewer folds in the fabric) this is really going to work on ice. I look forward to seeing the action shots once the season gets underway.

48645755gh0.jpg

It's ok... I, too, don't like the stripeless bottom of the jersey, it's throwing me off because I'm so used to the green on bottom. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

Also, I'm on board hoping that they go with the off-white away uni, that would be terrific.

Based on the miniscule preview I saw at the State Fair, the Wild's white jersey, not cream, should be very close to the current white jersey. The only think they showed was the upper right shoulder area, but it looked the same as what the white jersey does now, only with the new neck shape and NHL logo on it. I'd be surprised if it were a lot different that what we have now, although I wouldn't put it past them to drop the waist stripes. :cursing:

Sorry if that's been posted before, I'm just catching up on 18 new pages here.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

From HF Boards

flyersjersey.psd.jpg

Also remember the previous Flyers back jersey didn't have a bottom stripe. I think the white part ends too high. The orange needs to be lowered.

Haha! They stole Ottawa's and Pittsburgh's and Tampa Bay's template and recolored it!

Huh? They are not the same template. The orange curves up where as the Ottawa and Tampa unis the stripes curve down toward the bottom of the sleeve.

Ah, but...how do we know that he just isn't holding the jersey where the top part of the sleeve is folding in, like such?

flyersjersey.jpg

newflyersjerseycr0.jpg

I say its ok looking, I dont care for the top part, and I say the sleeves are a big downgrade what ever happened to conistency? you have a small orange stripe between the black and white at top and on the bottom of the sleeve, then on the arm is just a big splash of orange, even if they have more orange than before, I liked the old jersey better, with that said, im glad I bought the black replica for $30 this summer ($10 after I used $20 gift certificate), and got a wehite replica last fall (I think I paid $50 after I got $20 off, gotta love modeels mvp rewards!) but if they do an orange version of that jersey next year, I may consider getting it, im definatly not getting a new black or white jersey. Oh and also the little orange stripe at the bottom of the sleeve is pointless as the glove will cover it.

Not all the teams have the rounded bottom, at least from what I have seen !

Remember that the premier replicas have a straight bottom.

48645755gh0.jpg

It's ok... I, too, don't like the stripeless bottom of the jersey, it's throwing me off because I'm so used to the green on bottom. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

Also, I'm on board hoping that they go with the off-white away uni, that would be terrific.

Based on the miniscule preview I saw at the State Fair, the Wild's white jersey, not cream, should be very close to the current white jersey. The only think they showed was the upper right shoulder area, but it looked the same as what the white jersey does now, only with the new neck shape and NHL logo on it. I'd be surprised if it were a lot different that what we have now, although I wouldn't put it past them to drop the waist stripes. :cursing:

Sorry if that's been posted before, I'm just catching up on 18 new pages here.

Curses! I'd bank on there being no bottom stripes for this away jersey as well.

White. PFFT. Come on, Wild... be different!

qvAvG.jpg

I've mentioned in the past that with their long history of unsatisfactory logos, maybe the Canucks should just give up and go with a wordmark on the front (like the Capitals) or even diagonal text (like the Rangers). That would have looked better on these retro-designed jerseys than the orca and arched text.

That said, by now some of you are probably wondering which one of these I like enough to put on my new v3.1 Canucks sig. The answer is actually "none of the above", but I have to put something on there, so, as I did with my previous Canucks sig (with the old stick-and-rink), I'll once again go with the "least worst" of the bunch, which this time would be "Vachonny Canuck":

nhlvancouverbh1.png

For some reason, that "V" Johnny Canuck logo makes me hungry.

I think I know WHY!

I heard the Canucks are only gonna use this logo when they play the Red wings in Jos. Louis Arena!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

God those flyer jerseys are god awful. Downgrades are raining down across the NHL. Bah humbug.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here's some info on the new Pens jerseys according to a dude from HFBoards, who when describing the Canucks jerseys got them 100% right. If anyone wants to make a mockup of these, feel free.

There won't be a patch and there will be nothing new on the shoulders, just under arm stripes that extend to the sleeves.

No changes to the logo. No evil eyes or teeth. The skating Penguin returns.

On the black uniforms, the under arm stripe will be gold with a white strip on the bottom, and under the sleeve will be white with gold on top on the front part of the sleeve with the numbers located above the gold strip.

On the white uniforms, the under arm stripe will be gold with a black strip on the bottom, and under the sleeve will be black with a gold on top on the front part of the sleeve with the numbers located above the gold strip.

The neck collar on the blacks will be black but the NHL shield logo will be on a gold backplate.

The neck collar on the whites will be black but the NHL shield logo will be on a gold backplate.

The pants will have an angular side stripe as seen in the green screen photos and the document I am viewing does contain a Penguins crest logo on the bottom front, right pant leg.

The black socks will have a horizontal gold stripe, a black space and a thicker white stripe.

The white socks will have a horizontal gold stripe, a white space and a thicker black stripe.

penguinvq5sp3.jpg

edit: ^ wait am I allowed to post that? It was posted on hfboards first, so that's allowed right?

and for the leafs here's a mockup done by someone else:

leafs07-1.jpg

What ziggy says is:

"Pretty close. The cuffs will only have a thin white trim, not that thick. And the two sleeves stripes will be closer together and I think raised a bit higher as they are a bit below the sleeve numbers. And of course, the crest logo will be a bit higher and bigger. But it's as close of a mock up as you can draw of the uniforms.

No stripes on the pants and same looking stripes as used previously for the socks."

espnsignq8.png

Here's some info on the new Pens jerseys according to a dude from HFBoards, who when describing the Canucks jerseys got them 100% right. If anyone wants to make a mockup of these, feel free.

There won't be a patch and there will be nothing new on the shoulders, just under arm stripes that extend to the sleeves.

On the black uniforms, the under arm stripe will be gold with a white strip on the bottom, and under the sleeve will be white with gold on top on the front part of the sleeve with the numbers located above the gold strip.

On the white uniforms, the under arm stripe will be gold with a black strip on the bottom, and under the sleeve will be black with a gold on top on the front part of the sleeve with the numbers located above the gold strip.

The neck collar on the blacks will be black but the NHL shield logo will be on a gold backplate.

The neck collar on the whites will be black but the NHL shield logo will be on a gold backplate.

The pants will have an angular side stripe as seen in the green screen photos and the document I am viewing does contain a Penguins crest logo on the bottom front, right pant leg.

The black socks will have a horizontal gold stripe, a black space and a thicker white stripe.

The white socks will have a horizontal gold stripe, a white space and a thicker black stripe.

penguinvq5sp3.jpg

edit: ^ wait am I allowed to post that? It was posted on hfboards first, so that's allowed right?

So it will look like this:

Penguins2007.gif

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

penguinvq5sp3.jpg

Penguins2007.gif

Here's to the Devils having the best jerseys in the Atlantic Division next year! I don't care that they haven't released a new jersey and nothing has really been given out about them but they have to be nicer looking than the "leaked" Penguins jerseys and the Flyers and Islanders jersey. The Rangers will give them a run for their money though. Also Flame the credit goes to someone else, not me.

penguinvq5sp3.jpg

Penguins2007.gif

Here's to the Devil's having the best jerseys in the Atlantic Division next year! I don't care that they haven't released a new jersey and nothing has really been given out about them but they have to be nicer looking than the "leaked" Penguins jerseys, Flyers, and Islanders jersey. The Rangers will give them a run for their money though. Also Flame the credit goes to someone else, not me.

So basically these jerseys: Pens Leak

Pens Leak 2

Which were leaked a million years ago, have held up to all the leaks that have come out since as the actual look. What a shame though, because the V look that the Pens had last year was the most stunningly solid look they've ever had, and I will miss those jerseys a lot. I might have to try and pick one up on Ebay.

Archived