2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I know one thing, Mario must not have had a say in that. Hes an old time hockey guy and would probably not go for that modern patchy look.

How many times does it have to be said that all teams have a say in their uniform. All the evidence backs that up. It's probably more that Mario doesn't care what the uniforms look like because he is more concerned about building a new arena. On the priority list for most team the uniforms are pretty low.

I know that. Its kind of hard not to when its one of the only three things being said in this thread. (people saying to quit whining because teams had say, no piping/hem stripes, leafs/sens jackassery)

What im saying is, he specifically had no say. Seriously, can you imagine Lemieux going for some futuristic stuff like that?

Sure, building a new arena is important, but thats mainly HOK's job, all Mario has to do is tell em what the team/fans/city wants and theyll do it. Thats what the Prates did and look at thier park...

I know, its only a uniform, but its how most people see the team, whether they watch hockey often or not.

The Penguins in the mid 1990s to the early 2000s didn't look too traditionalistic to me and the mid 2000s look had the trendy shade of gold, so......

Once again, read my quote. I said MARIO whould have no say, not the penguins. When the pens adopted the robo-pigeon, Lemieux had no say. When the pens had robo-gradient jerseys, Lemieux ws retired. And excluding that logo and that ONE jersey and maybe the most recent one, the pens have always had a classic look.

You also gotta put into consideration you've got one of the most popular teams in the league with the face of the sport for years to come on board, so new jerseys will help them gain more of a profit. More power to the Penguins.

Possible, but I think the fact they were changing templates and RBK asked them to change for it greatly influenced it. I dont see the pens going and changing jerseys only a year or two after people start buying them just for money. After a few years, yes. But right after an influx of young stars and a huge rise in jersey sales, that seems like a bit of a cheap move.

In the end, its still a bad jersey. Its ok, but not as good as what they have had before. And it looks just like the sens minus the gold side panels. Like ive said for a long time, if they want to change, they should go old school and/or go back to the old "Pittsburgh gold".

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes it look too rec-league.

And usually, it's the Canucks' play on the ice taking care of that detail.

Is there any point to making a comment like this? Now you're a comedienne or something?

Comedienne?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

y is everyone hating on the jerseys so much.. they all look fresh and clean.. and all this about keeping it traditional and no horizontal stripes and piping ruining hockey... all you guys are just saying this because youve grown up with these. if the jerseys were redisigned in the reverse order ud be saying how the horizontal stripes make the jerseys look to heavy.

Is there any point to making a comment like this? Now you're a comedienne or something?

Comedienne?

Its the femine form of comedian.

Also, I imagine Mario is still trying to recoup some of the money he's owed isn't he? Selling a bunch of new jerseys is a good way to do some of that. Though he could have insisted on a better design. I quite liked the Pens jerseys from the last few years.

I sort of get the feeling that alot of times, while not being forced to go with RBK's designs, may have been presented with a variety of templates by RBK and decided to just pick one of those rather then spend any money hiring anyone to design their new jerseys.

And I do sort of see why hem stripes have been removed from many jerseys, that curved bit of cloth hanging under them does look weird. I can't understand what advantage a curved hem would have though.

Methinks the Canucks fans doth protest too much. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Comedienne?

I am well aware. I am just puzzled why he used the form "comedienne" instead of "comedian".

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Comedienne?

Also, I imagine Mario is still trying to recoup some of the money he's owed isn't he? Selling a bunch of new jerseys is a good way to do some of that. Though he could have insisted on a better design. I quite liked the Pens jerseys from the last few years.

I sort of get the feeling that alot of times, while not being forced to go with RBK's designs, may have been presented with a variety of templates by RBK and decided to just pick one of those rather then spend any money hiring anyone to design their new jerseys.

And I do sort of see why hem stripes have been removed from many jerseys, that curved bit of cloth hanging under them does look weird. I can't understand what advantage a curved hem would have though.

I don't think Mario is owed anything from the team aside from winning a cup as an owner. When he took over, he allocated the money (i'm tryin to remember here) to buy the team and he did. Then when he started to play again, they were paying him basically his money back that he was owed in a way. The team pulled out of bankruptcy in an almost record fashion, i think Mario is in the green and doing pretty well with the money aspect of the team.

Anyways, the jerseys if they are the real ones, which were shown months ago...i don't mind them. If i compare them to the preds, canucks, panthers, and a bunch of other team's jerseys...they are pretty nice. I wasn't a fan of the triangle gold that we had on the old jerseys and if we were to go back to a jersey i'd pick the back 2 back cup jerseys.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Just wondering guys, did the teams HAVE to change their jerseys or could they have just kept it looking the same but with the new style jersey?

teams dont have to change. NYR and Detroit are proof positive of this.

most want to change because it allows them to cash in on new jersey sales.

Just wondering guys, did the teams HAVE to change their jerseys or could they have just kept it looking the same but with the new style jersey?

teams dont have to change. NYR and Detroit are proof positive of this.

most want to change because it allows them to cash in on new jersey sales.

I wish the leafs would leave their jersey alone, I likes it the way it way, stupid RBK :censored:ing up our jerseys!!!

Also Flame the credit goes to someone else, not me.

I know, it's not you, it's a guy on HFBoards named 'Ziggy Stardust'

What I heard is that the Flames jerseys will have the Alberta Flag on one shoulder and the Canadian flag on the other shoulder. The jerseys are exactly the same as the QC ones.

espnsignq8.png

Ziggy Stardust is basically just stating what he saw in an earlier penguins jersey leak...i wouldn't put too much weight into what he's saying. He's been adamant about the pens not having a patch this season and the pens themselves have stated that there will be a 40th anniv patch...go figure.

BTW, if the flames do that for their patches, the VANCOUVER across the chest of the canucks jersey doesn't look too bad all of a sudden.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived