2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Does anyone have any insight into how the NHL's deal with RBK is structured and how this may impact uniform tweaks, fixes, and redesigns in the next few seasons?

To me, the incomplete sleeve striping on the Oilers monstrosity has 'one-year wonder' written all over it, as do some of the other designs. However, as the mass redesign is primarily about RBK branding, I'm wondering if there are restrictions regarding modifications or length of time teams are required to keep their RBK? designs?

- Are teams required to stick with these uniforms for a minimum amount of time, as is?

- If teams are allowed to make changes (like fixing the Oilers stripes) are there restrictions or consequences as part of the deal (ex. change is allowed, but 9 more vector logos show up on your jerseys)?

Teams are going to be allowed to adopt "third" jerseys next year. Perhaps one of the primaries may become the alternate next season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THE NEW RBK NHL UNIS..................

AN OPINION FROM A SELF LABELED LOGO/UNI/STADIUM JUNKIE........

Ramblings of an idiot removed for sanity

Better yet, he should ***

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

THE NEW RBK NHL UNIS..................

AN OPINION FROM A SELF LABELED LOGO/UNI/STADIUM JUNKIE........

Ramblings of an idiot removed for sanity

Better yet, he should ****

Nah, he should eat said bag.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

To be fair, I was just referencing a Louis CK bit from his HBO special. Probably shouldn't have encouraged him though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hooray I get to suspend members!

What happened?

Threatening language, done stupidly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Alright, since everyone else is chiming in:

The "ehh... blah" award goes to:

Toronto -- way too plain.

Ottawa -- Decent logo upgrade, but the unis are pretty plain

Tampa Bay -- see Ottawa

Pittsburgh -- Bigger logo, and side panels. Umm how about something for the front of the jersey?

The "serving too many masters" award goes to:

Vancouver -- old school, new school, and remedial school, all in one. It's not awful but it tries to do too much.

Dallas -- I guess they're trying to feel retro, or collegiate, and it kinda sorta works, but in the end, there are better ways to this approach.

NY Islanders -- "Well, people like tradition. But they also like the pumpkin jerseys! What do we do!" as well as "anything we do can't be as bad as the fisherman, so go to town, Reebok!" And, here they are.

The "change for the sake of change" award goes to:

Atlanta, Colorado, Philadelphia, LA -- Not to say the changes were all bad, but they kept the same logos, colors, and general appearance. They just felt the need to... look cooler. (By the way, I really like Philly's new jersey).

The "hey look we got it right!" award goes to:

Boston -- Classic look. Original Six team. Good enough for me.

Columbus -- Beautiful, sleek, modern while still feeling old school.

Minnesota -- Always liked the red jersey. They managed to keep the set classy, though I wouldn't have minded cream color roads.

San Jose -- Nice new logo, nicer jerseys. The colors, striping, I really like them.

Washington -- I started on the fence with these, but now I think they're by far the biggest upgrade. Nice unis and a nice new logo.

The "Piping, MY GOD THE PIPING" award goes to:

Calgary -- Is that a rams head on the back of the jersey? Seriously what is that? Did any kind of professional design consulting go into this one?

Florida -- We love lines down the front of our shirts, and you should too.

Nashville -- I'm not a hater of these as much as everyone else is. But yeah, the piping is pretty rough.

St Louis -- Thank you JD and company, for taking one of the best jerseys in hockey and adding all that lovely yellow piping. Just what it needed.

Edmonton -- I have only seen these in NHL 08, but I mean, come on. Stripes halfway around the sleeves? THE HUMANITY.

The "changes? We don't need no stinkin' changes" award goes to:

Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, New Jersey, NY Rangers, Phoenix -- Remained steadfast in not Edgifying themselves.

Buffalo, Anaheim -- Edgified themselves last year in order to avoid having to do it again this year.

BEST JERSEYS: Columbus

WORST JERSEYS: Calgary

Alright, I think that's the lot of it.

I was going to chime in, but I was going to write almost exactly what you did. Thank you for saving me the time! Only difference is that I like the NYI jersey and the PHI jersey is a let-down. Columbus rules, Calgary stinks.

I kind of like the new "reason for edit" things.

Also, after seeing the new Flyers jerseys in "action" on TV last night, I really think that the top colored part of the sleeve stops way too high (meaning that the black part by the wrist extends way too high.) It almost gives them the short-sleeve raglan t-shirt effect, especially since the shoulders angle into the neck now as opposed to hitting the neck at a straight horizontal.

Hooray I get to suspend members!

What happened?

You're still able to post... that's all you need to care about

To bad I didnt see this earlier. I wanted to see this bad language.

I missed it to, but there's a fighting chance someone said ****, ****, ****, ****, and my personal favorite, ****. :P

Seriously, we've gotten to the point where people are being threatened for their opinions about sports uniforms? Yikes.

Blues jersey is certainly growing on me, especially the white one. They really should have gone with a custom name / number font on these though, maybe something a little more narrow than the block. Big names are going to look pretty bad on these.

So as we delve further into the question of how some of these designs came to be, we hear from the Blues that one of the design firms they work with had the task of designing the Blues jerseys, not Reebok's design team (though I'm sure they had to work with Reebok).

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=337419

Blues Unveil New Uniform at FANfest

Sep 15, 2007, 12:30 PM EDT

Blues center Doug Weight poses in the Blues new RBK EDGE uniform, which was unveiled Sept. 15, 2007 at Scottrade Center.

ST. LOUIS ? The St. Louis Blues introduced the new RBK Blues uniform today at Scottrade Center prior to the final scrimmage of the Wendy Pleau Determination Cup.

The Blues' RBK Edge uniform system -- jersey, pants and socks, each in home blue and road white -- were designed by Fleishman-Hillard's sports and creative services teams in collaboration with the Blues.

Fleishman-Hillard, with its global headquarters in St. Louis, also designed the home and away uniforms the Blues wore from 1998-1999 through the 2006-2007 season. The Blues' colors -- blue, navy, gold and white -- as well as the classic Blue Note crest remain unchanged.

The National Hockey League and Reebok have teamed to create the RBK EDGE Uniform System? to meet the performance demands of today?s NHL player. The result of more than two years of research and testing, the system features technologically advanced materials and fabrics that are more breathable, more water-resistant, more comfortable and more compatible with equipment.

The RBK EDGE Uniform System will be worn by all 30 NHL teams in their respective colors and designs. The introduction of this system for the 2007-08 season marks the first time in the history of North American professional sports that a uniform innovation has been implemented League-wide.

In preparation for the 2007-08 NHL regular season, the Blues will play seven preseason games beginning on September 16 vs. Atlanta at Scottrade Center. The Blues? other preseason opponents are Dallas, Chicago and Minnesota, including other home games on Friday, Sept. 28 (Wild) and Saturday, Sept. 29 (Blackhawks).

Archived