2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Eh, it seems to be accepted that the only teams that look nice are the Sharks, Blackhawks and Bruins. Booooooooring.

I never thought that what the Blues had last year was so great, but I'm actually very impressed with their update this year. Everything is clean, the piping looks good, and the little nod to the Arch is terrific. I'm readjusting my previous top five rankings:

5. Thrashers

4. Wild

3. Panthers

2. Blues

1. Islanders

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth on this monster thread:

My Top 5 jerseys as of Now:

1 Red Wings

2 Maple Leafs (even with the downgrade)

3 Coyotes

4 Sharks

5 Blue Jackets

My Bottom 5 jerseys as of Now:

30 Canucks

29 Ducks (the swooping stripe is soooo uninspired)

28 Kings

27 Stars (black only, like the white)

26 Thrashers

My Top 5 Upgrades:

1 Blue Jackets

2 Sharks

3 Lightning (there are only two teams with great upgrades, but I feel this logo is sharper)

4 Stars (white only...look how sharp they can look when they minimize black)

5 Capitals (the logo is not what it could be, but they went back to the right color scheme)

My Top 5 Downgrades:

30 Oilers. (why ruin such a great upgrade with such boardum.? They should have stood pat).

29 Islanders.

28 Flames (like the colors on White, but the jerseys are an overdone mess)

27 Flyers. (should be orange first)

26 Predators (one t-shirt and one wordmark over logo)

(did not have VAN here because I think the color scheme and hopefully finalized identity is a postive. They just need to clean the uniform up)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Watching parts of the Islanders game today their uniforms don't look bad on the ice. Get rid of the shoulder piping and they are fine.

The Islanders never looked better. I love everything about them.

The Blues look great also. They used piping but worked on the jersey to make it unique and good looking. It's too bad too many teams took one template and the way they worked seems like they just went on MS Paint and used the paint bucket and Voilà! Here ya go Colorado, Florida, Edmonton, Nashville...

Next year, teams will bring back alternates so maybe they will get a second chance to make something worthwhile.

The real test of success comes this season. I wonder if the NHL decides to release and make special notice of the overall sales of the new uniforms, just like they over hyped the Sabres 600% rise for their new jersey last season.

It is kind of torture that the average fan out there might be lost in their like or dislike of the new jerseys and cannot find their way to this forum.

Pray for these lost souls, that they come here, learn from all of you, and make a wise decision with their money.

Watching parts of the Islanders game today their uniforms don't look bad on the ice. Get rid of the shoulder piping and they are fine.

I love the new Islanders jerseys. The orange is a great contrast to the blue, and is an upgrade over their last set which was a little boring.

Ok the Sharks unis, I gotta admit, they look a lot better than I thought they would.

I was under the impression that the orange stripe was gonna be the same thickness as the white stripe on the teal jersey and the black stripe on the white jersey.

I was confident the teal jersey was gonna look good, but was kinda skeptic that the white jersey would give too much of a bad New Orleans Hornets crossover vibe. Thankfully I was wrong about that.

Thankfully they resisted the urge to go with a faux-retro looking lace up collar. Also I do feel that there should be a thin orange pipe separating the yoke trim from the shoulder yoke itself....and I'm not crazy about the block numbers. A more rounded version of last year's number font would have been ideal and it would have matched the new wordmarks sans all the bevels.

I plan on attending the preseason game against the Canucks on Saturday, but its mainly because I want to get a feel for all the new audio and video enhancements at the Shark Tank. Ill get some pics to post here.

Regarding the teal color, I bought a teal Zephyr hat with the leaping shark logo on it and compared it with an old teal Zephyr hat with the SJ monogram on it. The new teal definitly is a bit more green than the older one, as far as the hats go at least. The old notion that it would be close to the Philadelphia Eagles green though seem to be false. It actually looks closer to Miami Dolphins aqua in my opinion. When I see the jerseys on Saturday (maybe even Friday in case I decide to get a skate in at Sharks Ice) Ill see for myself how much different the teal is on the jerseys.

---------

also lost in all this new NHL uniform hulabaloo, seems to be a renaissance of pants striping. I'm kinda surprised nobody has picked up on that yet,....unless I missed in amongst the 240+ pages this thing has gotten to

Can anyone confirm whether or not Detroit is no longer using arched names?

they NEVER have arched nameplates during the preseason. ever.

so if we find photos of them without arched name plates, it doesn't mean anything at all.

Yeah, that's what I was made to understand. However, as there have been no images with arched text I was wondering whether or not this had been confirmed for the regular season. I can only assume they wouldn't get rid of it, however....

Thanks though, I will go on the premise that all is as was.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

Love the Jackets. Like the Lightning's new look too. I wish it was blue, but it looks better overall.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Yeah, that's what I was made to understand. However, as there have been no images with arched text I was wondering whether or not this had been confirmed for the regular season. I can only assume they wouldn't get rid of it, however....

Thanks though, I will go on the premise that all is as was.

Like Cole said, you won't see the arched text until the regular season.

More pics from around the league...

capt.20fec29aefa549118954cae71e6bc87b.flames_canucks_hockey_rxl105.jpg

Sure the word mark is completely unnecessary, but those jersey still look good. I've heard a bunch of people on the radio say this is the worst new jersey, which makes me wonder if they have seen the Oilers jersey

That jersey looks infinitely better in game action than in photo ops.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

More pics from around the league...

fullj.getty-76830681es002_stars_ligthning.jpg

I was in attendance for this game last night and let me tell you, the Stars jerseys looked FANTASTIC. This coming from someone who was not looking forward to seeing EITHER team's uniforms going into the game, but when they skated out, I was shocked. My favorite was how the green numbers really "pop".

The Lightning however, have black leotards. I was in the 1st row of the upper level, and could not see the blue on the sleeves at ALL. It's all black all the time. The ONLY saving grace for the Lightning is the kick ass pant stripes. Those look phenominal.

SigReflect.png

Archived