2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

forgive me if it's been already explained, but anyone know why Colorado and Chicago are wearing white at home?

You see this quite frequently during the NFL preseason and early regular season. Make the visiting team wear their dark jerseys until the weather cools off a bit.

:D

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering that this thread will go to the graveyard soon I might as well throw in my opinions on the jerseys and logos that have now all been made official. Here is my ratings and comments on all the teams...

Anaheim

Well considering that the Ducks had the same jersey last year my comments will be limited. Put the "D" logo on the front

and something on the shoulders and you have 10/10. I would even give them 10/10 without the shoulder logo but I just think it would look better.

9.5/10

Atlanta

I still do not understand why they must make their jerseys to completely different jerseys. Make them the same(like before only with the same logo) and I will like them. I do still like their logos though.

6/10

Boston

I LOVE the update. Best everything the team has ever had.

10/10

Buffalo

Well at least they got the colors right...

3/10

Calgary

The only thing that I like about this uniform is the logo on the front of the white jersey and the colors in general(although I am not keen on the black). Everything else is :censored: and :cursing:

4.5/10

Carolina

Its kinda the same as before except for the shoulders which I actaully like. Pretty decent overall.

8/10

Chicago

Same as before. I am not against the classic logo but I think that it could be updated at least a little bit.

7.5/10

Colorado

I still like it but its a downgrade for sure. I think that they should have just kept what they had. One thing that I really dont like is the piping though.

5.5/10

Columbus

They Jackets couldn't do anything to make their uniforms any better. The logos are the among the best in the league and the jerseys match the excellence of the logos to perfection.

10/10

Toronto

The Leafs are my favorite team so this might be a bit bias but oh well. As a leafs fan I can live with it.

I would have much rathered the concept that I did about a month ago. It featured two stripes on the bottom and the classic maple leaf that was on their 3rd jerseys last year. It also had the TML logo on it but it was outlined in blue, not silver. One thing I dont like about the new leafs jerseys is the removal the the silver. With all that said I think that they are one of the best sets out there now.

8.5/10

I will finish the rest of the teams later because I have to leave for a couple hours and I am on fast reply for some reason...

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I was at the Oilers game last night against the Panthers. I'm disappointed in the the Oiler's jersey, mostly because it's incomplete. With really only the odd stripes on the arm, it's too minimal. They look "okay" but not great on the players. They could have done better. They need at least one more element to make it better (shoulder color, maybe the secondary logo, bottom stripes, something). I keep trying to justify that that they look good, "looking to the future" in a design way, but I can't. Seeing what they did for the Springfield farm team, even for the WHL Oil Kings, they could have done better.

One thing I noticed is the stripes on the arm are narrow in the front and widen quite a bit going around the back, nearly twice as large.

For myself, as long as the design is good, I don't mind the extras like added piping. I like a lot of the new designs, but not all of them. The Oilers jersey is one that I'm trying hard to like but haven't yet. And it sucks because that's my team. I don't want to just "get used to it".

The fans around us were all talking about them, mostly indifferent, but you could sense a little disappointment. Since most people probably don't share our interest in jerseys, it'll be their reaction that influences the team. Hopefully something will be changed, but knowing this team and it's minimal changes to it's identity, it doesn't look promising.

The Panthers on the other hand, looked pretty good in their whites. They use a nice red that looks good from the stands. Too bad they went with navy on their home jersey.

Most Oilers fans will be disappointed for sure. The Oilers are all about tradition and that seems to have gone out the window. Nothing really needed to change with the jerseys except taking away the red and then replacing the red circle around the logo with a copper one. white, copper and blue is a beauty colour scheme. I'm more upset that we kept the red than anything else. Actually, keeping the same name/number font sucked too.

I actually like the new ones but i would prefer something much different. mostly, i just ask WHY!? I simply don't understand all the changes, they make no sense but i don't mind the look of them.

gagner3.png

some pics of the pens in action in their new threads...

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...;galleryId=2436

I guess they look ok in action...

It appears to me that the new Canadiens seem to align the number against the blue stripe more equally than before. Maybe I'm wrong but I remember the bottom of the number being more lined up with the bottom of the stripe/

Just as I suspected, the Thrashers are using new colors for their lettering on the back. Instead of the white letters with the yellow outline that they used on their previous sweaters, the new-style road whites are using navy-blue letters with a yellow outline. They look.....very strange.

thrasherroadmx3.jpg

Wow, I really like the blue letters and I usually like the dark backgrounds for names.

And boy those Islanders jerseys look amazing in action. I really liked them in the photoshoot, but they're really things of beauty.

No, San Jose has no limitation on that. Torrey Mitchell was wearing #69 (of all numbers) tonight.

I hate when players do that because they think it's funny. It's not! It's just dumb. Oooooh *giggle* look at me I'm ****ing 5 years old.

I'm pretty certain he was assigned that. Most players in rookie camps are given highers from 40 up and it's sometimes inevitable that someone would be given 69. And anytime a rookie is brought into the main training camp, they keep the same number just to make things easier. Someone I went to school with named Stuart MacRae actually played in the Senators rookie camp in 2004 and also wore 69.

Maxim Afinogenov wore 69 in his first preseason with the Sabres. He was issued that because he was drafted 69th overall in the 1997 Entry Draft.

Judging by the pictures that have been posted the Flames away uniforms don't look half bad on the ice. I'm legitimately shocked.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Judging by the pictures that have been posted the Flames away uniforms don't look half bad on the ice. I'm legitimately shocked.

Really?

That's the one uniform out of all the game shots that just jumps out and screams "MONSTROSITY!" to me.

Lots of the uniforms lack design basics or whatever, but very few of them are downright ugly.

I find Calgary's, especially the white jerseys, downright ugly.

forgive me if it's been already explained, but anyone know why Colorado and Chicago are wearing white at home?

Maybe just to allow the fans to see the white jerseys at home. Since most teams have some sort of change to the look of their sweaters, I would think most teams will wear white at home for one preseason game to show off their changes.

The reports I've heard is that the league is allowing teams to wear their road whites at "select home games" throughout the season. Not sure how many that means though. I would imagine if the teams play a quick home-and-home series they may switch unis for the series.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

My final rankings:

Avalanche: Should have kept mountain pattern. It looks terrible with no outline on shoulder. D

Blackhawks:Same classic look as before, which is great. A

Blue Jackets:Great update, love the shoulder patch. Blue could use a little more color. A-

Blues: Although I think it is a downgrade, this is a good use of piping and is not that different from their old look. B+

Bruins:Pretty much everything is great. Should patch is a great logo. I would have liked the yoke on the aways to be yellow. A

Canadiens:Same as the Blackhawks, had a great look and didn't change it. A

Canucks:Don't like the navy orca. The bottom of the away sleeves should be white, and the wordmark makes this look cluttered. I like the traditional striping, though. C+

Capitals:Don't like the wordmark logo, but the rest is good. This is the best jersey out of teams using this template. B+

Coyotes:The loss of bottom stripes looks bad, but the yoke on the roads make up for it. A-

Devils:Same as their last set which was good, but I found it a bit boring. B

Ducks:The collar is better because of the orange, but I don't like the huge gap on the side of the jersey. B

Flames:I thought these might look good, but alas they don't. Piping should connect something and patches look bad. D

Flyers:A downgrade, the shoulders should go down further, and the front does look like a dress. C+

Hurricanes:Like the piping on the road, not so much on the home. B

Islanders:These look a lot better on the ice, the orange makes it pop. B

Kings:A slight downgrade w/o the bottom stripe, one of the most underrated jersey IMO. B

Lightning:These are horrible, the black is way too dark, but the pants salvage these from an F. D

Maple Leafs:Look very plain, especially the blue. B-

Oilers:Terrible, it might actually look good if the stripe went all the way around. The copper looks nice. They still fail. F

Panthers:They use the template pretty well, but it's a terrible template. C-

Penguins:A downgrade, I don't really like this template. Pants stripe is good, though. C

Predators:These a horrible, no way around it. The use yellow makes it manageable. D-

Rangers:Best in the league. A

Red Wings:I don't like the team, but the jerseys are great. One of the best roads in the league. A

Sabres:The slug might look like crap, but I like the jersey design. C+

Senators: I like the new shoulder patch. I wish the 2D was on the front, though. B-

Sharks: I love the looks of these. Put the fin on the shoulder and it's a solid A. A-

Stars: Not enough color on the home. Front number looks alright. B-

Thrashers: The jerseys might not look the same, but each one looks good by itself. A-

Wild: Really like the home, the road should match but it doesn't look bad. B+

NHL GPA= 3.76 That's on a scale of 5, so it's about a C+

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Really?

That's the one uniform out of all the game shots that just jumps out and screams "MONSTROSITY!" to me.

Lots of the uniforms lack design basics or whatever, but very few of them are downright ugly.

That's exactly what I thought at first, but after seeing them on ice, I started to be changed over. I'm not putting them up there with the Bruins (apparently the majority's favorite), but they're not as bad as the Avs, Oilers, and Preds.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Really?

That's exactly what I thought at first, but after seeing them on ice, I started to be changed over. I'm not putting them up there with the Bruins (apparently the majority's favorite), but they're not as bad as the Avs, Oilers, and Preds.

That's like saying cat :censored: stinks less than dog :censored:...

Touché

Archived