2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Like: Chicago, Montreal, Boston, Phoenix, Devils, Ducks, penguins, detroit, minnesota

Dislike: Colorado, St Louis, Columbus, Oilers, panthers, predators-don't like the thin vertical stripe, they could use some stripes on the bottom.

Flyers-those sleeves are terrible

Islanders-Just plain gross.

Vancouver-lose the "Vancouver" and I liked their color scheme. That dark blue, red, silver. I know I am in the minority, but I thought they looked sharp. That color scheme with the skate logo would be great, imo.

Rangers-too vertical on the "RANGERS" and the white stripe on the bottom of the blue jersey is way too thick. Raise the 3 stripes a little higher, make them the same size and have blue at the bottom on the home.

sabres-still have the slug. It would great with their original logo

Sharks-looks like something out of a batman comic

Stars-Put DALLAS on the road and stars on the home if you want to be like baseball.

atlanta-the blues i have never likes. the whites need to lose that vertical stripe

So-so: capitals (like they changed back to something CLOSE to their originals, but don't like the sides.

Flames-those vertical stripes are killing me, and I hate the black C.

Carolina, like everything except the think stripe running across the top of the chest.

Kings--Lose the Los Angeles at the bottom, put in some stripes.

Leafs, senators-again some stripes on the bottom are needed.

Tampa-they could use some color on the shoulders and stripes on the bottom. The color on the sides is dumb, imo.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With everyone, including myself complaining about the Stars having just DALLAS on their sweaters (are they still considered "sweaters"?) what does everyone think of this?

pitt2.jpg

Isn't it the same difference?

That was their road sweater.

I know it was their road sweater. I'm talking about the complaints that there is no logo on the front of the jersey, just a wordmark.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

With everyone, including myself complaining about the Stars having just DALLAS on their sweaters (are they still considered "sweaters"?) what does everyone think of this?

pitt2.jpg

I know it was their road sweater. I'm talking about the complaints that there is no logo on the front of the jersey, just a wordmark.

thats just it, why would you need a wordmark telling the fans where you're from when you're playing at home? its perfectly acceptable when it occurs on a road jersey, as is the case in most major sports. but when you have it on the home jersey, its redundant. that was why the wordmark on the nucks home jersey was a major gripe for most people, and same goes here with the stars

lundqvistha4pz9.jpg

Yeah, that's what I was made to understand. However, as there have been no images with arched text I was wondering whether or not this had been confirmed for the regular season. I can only assume they wouldn't get rid of it, however....

Thanks though, I will go on the premise that all is as was.

When the Wings first released their new jerseys, they showed arched lettering on the back.

http://my.detroithockey.net/misconduct/200...wingsnewjer.php

Additionally, during the broadcast of last night's game the FSN guys mentioned that they'd be going back to their usual lettering for the regular season.

The Wings never use their traditional arched lettering w/o nameplates during the preseason. For some reason they always use a more traditional straight line lettering during preseason & then switch to their arched lettering for the reg. season.

The Wings do this because strait lettering is easier to put on and take off of the jersey. It makes it easier for them to take a player's name off the back of the jersey if he doesn't make the team.

pitt2.jpg

I gasped when I saw that jersey. Absolutey gorgeous, and was around for far too short a time.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Yeah i loved that pens jersey, i bought more than a few of them when we had them. That and the 3rd jerseys we had in the 90's with the fade with gray across the middle and the pinstripes in the shoulder yoke...that was also an awesome jersey which i just had to buy quite a few of when it came out (got Jagr, Francis and Lemieux in it as well as others).

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

pitt2.jpg

I gasped when I saw that jersey. Absolutey gorgeous, and was around for far too short a time.

...and I vomited, and wrote the team - telling them how much I hated it.

Still have the form letter they sent back.

Yeah, I never much liked that one. The home version was better. And strangely, like vcx, I liked the crazy fade third, and I'm still not sure why.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, I never much liked that one. The home version was better. And strangely, like vcx, I liked the crazy fade third, and I'm still not sure why.

I think I feel the same way. I remember that back in the years when I just started getting into hockey. Found it very original. It's funny how a dominently grey and black jersey can look good with a black n yellow logo. And just for fun, it's one of the first new designs without a bottom stripe. No one complained back then though :P

I went to the Sharks preseason game tonight against the Canucks. would have taken pics but a visiting family member carelessly broke my camera :cursing:

nonetheless, some observations:

the new teal is darker in person than it seems to appear on most photographs.

from a distance (specifically section 227 of the Shark Tank, coincidentally sitting behind the Canucks scratches which included Trevor Linden and the two Sedins) it appears that there is enough orange to just be noticed. You know its there but it doesnt take over the uniform. Teal and black are still the two dominat colors without question.

say what you want about the orange shield logo with the San Jose sun on it, but from what Ive seen on merchandise and banners hanging in the building it looks great on a teal background.

The white hem on the Canucks road unis looks terrible, especially with the blue cuffs on the sleeves

While the shoulder patches on the Canucks unis look ok on the players in full gear, they look HUGE on the jersey when an average fan is wearing it.

I went to the Blues-Thrashers preseason game last night, and here are my thoughts/views:

1. At center ice, the Thrashers have the All-Star logo instead of the primary logo.

2. In live action, you hardly notice the sleeve imbalance on the Thrashers' home sweaters. Having those dark side panels, in addition to the added T-bird logo on the right shoulder, do a lot more than people think.

3. You can barely see the yellow piping on the Blues' road sweaters, even from the top of the lower level. You have to actually look for it to know it's there. (Also, they look a lot better in person than how they first appeared on the video game.)

4. I didn't have my jersey there to compare it, but you can feel the difference between the old and new sweaters. The new sweaters feel a lot smoother.

5. I wonder if Reebok went cheap on the shoulder logos. The old shoulder patches had the exact feel of the main logo on the front. But the new sweaters' shoulder patches feel totally different, kind of like a silky feel (even on the authentics, if I remember right).

6. There's no way in hell I'm paying $250 for a sweater.....

pitt2.jpg

the knicks have new york on both their home and roads, is that ok?

mavericks says DALLAS on home and road, too.

Combining these two comments to answer the same question...almost. The new Dallas jersey's design is more like what you would see on a Basketball jersey than on a hockey sweater.Basketball, you have the wordmark and the number on the front, very large so they are visible. In hockey, they have done diagonal names in the past, and there are many clubs that have taken that look for present throwback designs (check out the OHL, 3 teams adopted the design for alternates last season)

The Dallas sweater is almost a cross-over design, and with the Vancouver debacle, putting the name on the front in this fashion is very extreme to many hockey fans.

It is better than Mooterus however

Archived