2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

His sliding all the way into the boards had nothing to do with the jersey. I haven't seen the play, but it's very possible for that to happen with old-style jerseys - I've done it myself. The player just didn't get up, and if it was early in the period, it makes it even easier for a player to slide like that on the clean ice.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, but if you'll remember, part of the reason that Cooperalls were banned from the NHL is that it caused the players to slide farther/faster when they fell, making it more dangerous.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The thing that bugs me is the tight fit of the thing. I like when a player fly on the ice with his jersey moving in the wind. That time is gone. The cut is not cool for a hockey player, but for a fan like me who like wearing hockey jerseys, it's correct.

Y'know, I was watching the Boston vs. Montreal game from May 1977 on TV this weekend and I was struck, not only by how much the game has changed, but also by how tight the jerseys were 30 years ago. The loose-fitting jersey is a fairly recent trend I think, maybe dating to the early 90's. Even these "form-fitting" jerseys are much looser than what the players were wearing in 1977!

The thing that bugs me is the tight fit of the thing. I like when a player fly on the ice with his jersey moving in the wind. That time is gone. The cut is not cool for a hockey player, but for a fan like me who like wearing hockey jerseys, it's correct.

Y'know, I was watching the Boston vs. Montreal game from May 1977 on TV this weekend and I was struck, not only by how much the game has changed, but also by how tight the jerseys were 30 years ago. The loose-fitting jersey is a fairly recent trend I think, maybe dating to the early 90's. Even these "form-fitting" jerseys are much looser than what the players were wearing in 1977!

Hell, the '74 and '74 Cup champs Flyers may make the argument that today's jerseys are still too loose.

Those fighters always used to have their sleves as tight as possible so no one could grab onto them during a fight and get a grip. Believe me, these things are a fighters best friend.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hell, the '74 and '74 Cup champs Flyers may make the argument that today's jerseys are still too loose.

Those fighters always used to have their sleves as tight as possible so no one could grab onto them during a fight and get a grip. Believe me, these things are a fighters best friend.

I don't think so.

Guaranteed to tear

Boogaard won't be getting an endorsement deal now, but as he predicted earlier in camp, his jersey tore Sunday during his first training camp scrap with Chicago's David Koci.

"I told you it would," Boogaard said. "Oh well. If somebody gets hurt, it's Reebok's fault. They're the ones that told us it wasn't going to rip."

The new NHL sweaters rip so easily, trainers plan to bring several Boogaard jerseys on the road.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm watching my first game of the 2007/08 season, Sabres vs. Leafs on Versus. The Sabres look decent, but the Leafs look like they're wearing long t-shirts. I don't know what would make it better, but it's pretty bland as is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I did see a few games involving the Edmonton Oilers this season... and I am not really impressed with how the Oilers looked on tv with that stupid p.j. jersey look... boy that really strange not to see the familiar orange and blue jersey from the 1980s.... hopefully soon or later the Oilers will ask for that 1980s jersey look to be made... oyy.. I can say the same thing about the Toronto Maple Leafs...geez get white stripes on the jersey!!!! that would make it look alright... oy..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I don't think so.

Guaranteed to tear

Boogaard won't be getting an endorsement deal now, but as he predicted earlier in camp, his jersey tore Sunday during his first training camp scrap with Chicago's David Koci.

"I told you it would," Boogaard said. "Oh well. If somebody gets hurt, it's Reebok's fault. They're the ones that told us it wasn't going to rip."

The new NHL sweaters rip so easily, trainers plan to bring several Boogaard jerseys on the road.

You may own bajillions of hockey jerseys but trust me, if you have seen any game worn jerseys from say, mid 70's earlier, you will think those jerseys were meant to be worn by little kids. Harry Howel's Rangers jersey on display at the HHOF looks like it was designed for a 5 year old. Trust me, they used to be tight, and many people altered the arms to make them even tighter so no one could grip them. If I can remember where I read that I'd quote it but since I cannot at the moment, you'll just have to take my word. It is a shame that these new jerseys aren't that "strong" but if they could hold up to the stress of someone yanking the hell out of it, I'm sure people will start altering them to make them even tighter.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

even the early 90s had tighter jerseys

its really just a trend over maybe the last decade, and 90% of hockey fans seem to have forgotten what a hockey jersey is supposed to look like

The Bully Hill Classic Replays at HSBC Arena they have shown this year have been from the early 70s and I've noticed that as well. I also noticed rounded hemlines in those same highlights.

An email i just got from the NHL Fans Association:

"The NHLFA has been conducting polls and working on behalf of hockey fans for 10 years. The Association generally issues one major Fan Report Poll, along with additional ?mini polls? over the course of each hockey season.

Concerning the new-look NHL, 43 per cent of those answering the poll think the league should return to last year?s looser-fitting sweaters, while nearly 29 per cent voted to keep the new ones. Seventeen per cent offered no opinion with respect to NHL fashion."

• 2 weeks later...

From the Boston Herald:

"According to sources in the B?s dressing room, Reebok has been unable to correct problems with the new jerseys introduced this season across the NHL and will replace them at the company?s expense with new uniforms made of the old materials.

Players have complained since training camp that the new jerseys, which are supposed to be lighter and allow sweat to evaporate out through the shirts, have instead trapped water inside and gotten heavier. . . ."

See story at:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/...ticleid=1040306

Maybe this lame little cbssportsline sweater tourney has been placed here, but I'm to lazy to check.

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/10385248

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So to sum things up:

1. the Reebok "uniform system" doesn't live up to it's performance benefit claims

a. wind resistance gains are negligable.

b. dangerous for fighters because they either can be pulled over the head of an opponent easier or make it harder to hold onto which is dangerous for any mismatched fighters

c. water resistant jersey ensures that water ends up in unwanted places like skates and gloves

d. slippery socks may cause players to slide further/faster potentially resulting in dangerous collisions with the boards

e. jerseys and socks are known to tear easily

f. jerseys are much hotter contrary to Reebok's claims

f. numerous complaints from players about all of the above

2. outside of a few teams, the jerseys are considered less attractive by most hockey fans.

3. they are more expensive for the fans to purchase

It's safe to say the naysayers have won the debate here. Clearly the new Reebok uniforms are of no benefit to anyone except Reebok and those fans that have to buy every new uniform that comes out. The NHL desperately need to rethink this disaster. The least Reebok should do is ditch the socks and change the cut and make up of the uniform for next season.

Hammer, meet head of nail.

Seconded

Thirdeded

"The NHLFA has been conducting polls and working on behalf of hockey fans for 10 years. The Association generally issues one major Fan Report Poll, along with additional ?mini polls? over the course of each hockey season.

Concerning the new-look NHL, 43 per cent of those answering the poll think the league should return to last year?s looser-fitting sweaters, while nearly 29 per cent voted to keep the new ones. Seventeen per cent offered no opinion with respect to NHL fashion."

What about the remaining 11%?

What about the remaining 11%?

They had trouble with the butterfly ballot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

When the Bruins were playing at Ottawa on Saturday night, I noticed the names on the back were no longer double outlined. Instead of both gold and white surrounding the black letters, just the gold was there around bolder black letters. This was also changed for the chest letters. All of the numbers retained the double outlines.

Prior to 11/3/07:

fullj.getty-76073557hh005_boston_bruins.jpg

Vs Ottawa:

r3604805731.jpgcapt.0768498589cd4bfb8379de44692db2a2.bruins_senators_hockey_ottk102.jpg

fullj.getty-76073689pm010_bruins_senators_jpg.jpg

That's a definite improvement. Now, if they do the same to the numbers, we're golden.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived