2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I thought you Ottawans paid attention to hockey.

They just check to see how the Leafs do from day-to-day

Toronto Maple Leafs calendar:

Yesterday: Loss

Today: Loss

Tomorrow: Loss

Upcoming events:

Trade Deadline: Overpay for a veteran

Free Agency: Overpay for a veteran

Draft Day: Deal #1 pick for overpaid veteran

Geez, once again it is proven that anyone can be a Leafs GM... Bravo, you have spilled our big secret. You know what all of this spells? Higher draft pics we will trade away for a useless player!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought you Ottawans paid attention to hockey.

They just check to see how the Leafs do from day-to-day

Toronto Maple Leafs calendar:

Yesterday: Loss

Today: Loss

Tomorrow: Loss

Upcoming events:

Trade Deadline: Overpay for a veteran

Free Agency: Overpay for a veteran

Draft Day: Deal #1 pick for overpaid veteran

(Of course I say all this as my team has a goalie making 10% of the "#1's" salary but near the top of the league in every stat. Damn you, Fernandez!)

post of the day. ^_^

to add,

day after tomorrow: Loss

Next week: Loss

Next Month: Loss

Next Year: Loss

Next decade: Loss

Next Century: Relocated to Butte, Montana followed by Loss

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Do you really encounter that much water on the way to work?

Anyways, back on topic. In the Ottawa Citizen there was an article about a man from Orlando who is seeing 30 NHL games in 30 cities in 30 days. They also showed him at the Sens game. He has a new, black Lightning jersey with front numbers. I thought that it was pretty funny that this man who is such a big hockey and Lightning fan doesn't even have his jersey right.

It sounds correct to me.

Someone should tell him he's not in an American NHL city therefore he cannot be a fan of hockey...

Do you really encounter that much water on the way to work?

Anyways, back on topic. In the Ottawa Citizen there was an article about a man from Orlando who is seeing 30 NHL games in 30 cities in 30 days. They also showed him at the Sens game. He has a new, black Lightning jersey with front numbers. I thought that it was pretty funny that this man who is such a big hockey and Lightning fan doesn't even have his jersey right.

It sounds correct to me.

Someone should tell him he's not in an American NHL city therefore he cannot be a fan of hockey...

yeah thats pretty much true. At least he can follow the Canadian League of Indoor Toccer ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The primary logo and font on the Lightning cap appears to be the same as the leaked versions. The secondary logo does not have Florida in the background.

94026291gq5.jpg

Only 1 Tampa Hat, whats behind them?

And who's got the pic of the Avalanche cap?

Eh, nothing special about the Aves hat. It has the primary on the crown and the foot on the rim, and it was the blue and maroon.

Sorry to bring this back up, but anyone know where I can find this style hat, and the San Jose one?

The primary logo and font on the Lightning cap appears to be the same as the leaked versions. The secondary logo does not have Florida in the background.

94026291gq5.jpg

Only 1 Tampa Hat, whats behind them?

And who's got the pic of the Avalanche cap?

Eh, nothing special about the Aves hat. It has the primary on the crown and the foot on the rim, and it was the blue and maroon.

Sorry to bring this back up, but anyone know where I can find this style hat, and the San Jose one?

Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto carries that style of hat. They do have an online store at hhof.com if you wish to order one online. I don't know if its exclusive to them, but they carry it. The hat behind it was Detroit or something, there was a whole row dedicated to Tampa Bay though.

P.S. I'm waiting for Sean Avery to make some comments about Tlusty's hairless hockey stick, lol.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Thank you Neon. Been searching everywhere online.

FYI, its adjustable with the TAMPA BAY wordmark on the velcro adjustable strap.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Now that I have gotten used to the new uniforms I can finally say which ones I hate the most.

Top Five Worst Uniforms in The NHL

Runners Up - Avs, Coyotes, and Sabres

5 - Atlanta Thrashers

4 - Nashville Predators

3 - Florida Panthers

2 - Edmonton Oilers

1 - Toronto Maple Leafs

Uniforms 5-2 are in a very ugly template. I can't stand the way these jerseys look on TV (luckily for me I rarely see the Oilers or Preds). The Maple Leafs are the ugliest uniform in my opinion. I might be too harsh on them because I thought they had one of the nicest in the league but now there uniforms just look like practice jerseys.

Uniforms that have grown the most on me

Dallas Stars- When they first released these I really did not like them but all of a sudden they're one of my favorites.

Anaheim Ducks - I wasn't that crazy about these last year but I guess they just grew on my.

LA Kings - Didn't like these at first but the sort of diagonal arm stripes really look sharp to me.

Senators, Penguins, and to a lesser extent, the Lightning - The Penguins are my favorites of this bunch. I really like the stripe on the pants of the Penguins and that really adds to the uniform.

Chicago Blackhawks - Believe it or not but I like the blackhawks uniforms better after EDGIFICATION

I have a question. I seem to remember someone writing that the authentic jerseys for purchase are not in fact authentic, meaning that they aren't like the ones the players wear on the ice. If thats true, why are the so expensive?

The materials they're made of and the number produced

bufg.png

I have a question. I seem to remember someone writing that the authentic jerseys for purchase are not in fact authentic, meaning that they aren't like the ones the players wear on the ice. If thats true, why are the so expensive?

I dunno... mine has that super flexible, strechy material which repels water. Sounds like what they wear on ice to me.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

So I ventured to the Pens game last night and I like to check out the obviously fake jerseys (piss poor fonts, etc) or the ones that never existed (saw an '84 gold with Crosby). I'm standing in line to get in, and there's this guy with this black Crosby jersey on. It looks faded with small letters in the nameplate, iron on numbers, and the black in between the the white and gold looks brown. I'm thinking this is a thrifter all the way or he doesn't take care of his jersey. He's standing beside his buddy with last year's jersey on. As I get a little closer, this guy doesn't have a crappy jersey on, in fact, he has a brand new authentic Edge on. Horrible is the only word I can think of in terms of looks and quality. I saw a ton of other people with them too. They all looked the same. Faded, brownish, too small of name plates, looks as if they were made of spandex, etc. The worse part was they paid top dollar for them and they even looked worse beside people with older jerseys.

KISSwall09.jpg

The authentic jerseys available for purchase now are authentic to the first set of jerseys teams wore this year. Now that teams have swapped to shirts of the old material, the authentics will stay as they were for the beginning of the year just because of manufacturing. It's a big mess, especially for those of us who collect game-worns.

All the replica jerseys sold around here have vinyl letters and numbers (and shoulder logos) on a single piece of twill (except for the Canadiens letters which are just a single color), similar to NFL and NBA EQT jerseys. The crests on the front though are still the high quality twill crests. I suppose if you want a jersey that doesn't have these problems at all, you're forced to buy only a Red Wings jersey.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived