2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I finally saw A Crosby Penguins replica last week, and it did look pretty cheap. I've done a few NHL kits for customers this season (Including a Crosby because of the EQT look), and the Stahl's officially licensed kits are still all twill. When I last asked they had no intention of providing the "replica" lettering, just continuing on with the authentic program.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kevin Lowe was on Oilers Live today (you can listen at the Oilers site). He said he likes the 80s jerseys more than the current ones, and was hinting to a return to those colours in the "not too distant future."

I hope not--that blue & orange combination is putird--this would be especially grievous when their current colour combo actually looks good. (And I'm a Flames fan--I'm complimenting the Oilers--that ought to count for something.) I also know many Oiler fans who prefer the current colour scheme.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Kevin Lowe was on Oilers Live today (you can listen at the Oilers site). He said he likes the 80s jerseys more than the current ones, and was hinting to a return to those colours in the "not too distant future."

I hope not--that blue & orange combination is putird--this would be especially grievous when their current colour combo actually looks good. (And I'm a Flames fan--I'm complimenting the Oilers--that ought to count for something.) I also know many Oiler fans who prefer the current colour scheme.

Wow, I've never known anyone to dislike it that much :P I think it would be an awesome move..

Hi, how are you?

The Hockey Hall of Fame is the only place I know of which sells replica jerseys with stiched on customization. They also take orders to get them done. They are also the only place I have ever seen to sell authentic customized Red Wings jerseys, sans nameplate. They look great.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Hockey Hall of Fame is the only place I know of which sells replica jerseys with stiched on customization. They also take orders to get them done. They are also the only place I have ever seen to sell authentic customized Red Wings jerseys, sans nameplate. They look great.

The pro shop I work at does too. :D We even get the official NHL numbering and lettering kits straight from the suppliers. These things can be a real pain to do.

i'm glad to see the oiler jerseys will be shown for what they are, a mistake. finally a team willing to harpoon the jerseys and decide to put something respectable on the ice. they better not screw this up again.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

For the 2nd straight game, the Leafs have worn home blue on the road, forcing the Stars to wear their white at home last night and the Coyotes to wear their white at home tonight.

Anybody know why?

They also wore white at home the last time Montreal came into town...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

For the 2nd straight game, the Leafs have worn home blue on the road, forcing the Stars to wear their white at home last night and the Coyotes to wear their white at home tonight.

Anybody know why?

to confuse the fans because with out dallas across the chest, they wouldn't know what city they are in.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Anybody know why?

IIRC, I think the Coyotes chose 6 games to wear their whites at home, the Maple Leafs were on the list, but I'm not sure why exactly.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

• 1 month later...
It's been said before, but after getting an up-close look at the road Edmonton Oilers jerseys today, they're awfully plain. And the small elbow stripes just don't make any sense.......

NorthStars3.gif

Does it have some more merit now?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

It's been said before, but after getting an up-close look at the road Edmonton Oilers jerseys today, they're awfully plain. And the small elbow stripes just don't make any sense.......

NorthStars3.gif

Does it have some more merit now?

No, it doesn't. First off, that Stars jersey has hem stripes. Secondly, look at the placement of the numbers. On the Dallas/Minnesota jersey, the numbers go where the stripe stops. The stripe is specifically designed that way to accomodate the numbers, thus giving something constant around the arm, even with the break. On the Oilers jersey, the number is placed above the striping location - as if there were still striping beneath it, therefore giving more unwanted attention to the empty space beneath.

On the Stars jersey, the design says "We wanted to incorporate something unique around our numbers." On the Oilers, it says "We couldn't figure out how to make the striping go completely around the arm with this template."

Plus, that Stars jersey is rather plain to begin with (though they at least had the spiffy "DALLAS" running down the pant stripe for a while). But it's still better than the turd of a design Edmonton put on the ice this year.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived