College Rivalry Logos

footballfiji

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2006RivalryLogo.jpg

Okay, if DePauw and Wabash have a logo, someone needs to create one to submit to Lafayette and Lehigh. To the best of my knowledge, the Most Played Rivalry in College Football is lacking its own logo.

Hmmm, I smell a contest. <_<

. . . and if you want my vote, you need to put Lafayette first, because (1) that is the correct alphabetical order and (2) my boys have a sizable lead in the series ( . . . and (3) I'm biased).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I know there isn't a logo around, but the USC-UCLA rivalry is called the Lexus Gauntlet. There are even commercials every now and then advertising the rivalry....though I haven't seen one recently.

Actually there is a logo if you go to the Lexus Gauntlet website. It's just a gauntlet with palm facing upward. To me it looks like a chopped off hand, and I wonder what the heck this has to do with UCLA or a Bruin. It's a manufactured fake rivalry that really no one cares about and they shove it down our throat from September to May. Yes, UCLA and USC have a rivalry, but this Lexus Gauntlet is just a way for the Presidents to put money in their pockets. I don't have a problem with an established rivalry getting a name such as the former "Largest Cocktail Party" becoming the "Name you drink Largest Cocktail Party". By the way, how many freaking "Bell" Trophy games are there? I know UCLA and USC fight for a bell, and I know a few of the local high schools fight for a bell. I think what should happen is all the winners of these bell trophies should play each other so that we have one bell and then you'd have bragging rights to be the Bell Champion, and you could even have it sponsored by Bell Helmets!

I know there isn't a logo around, but the USC-UCLA rivalry is called the Lexus Gauntlet. There are even commercials every now and then advertising the rivalry....though I haven't seen one recently.

Here's your logo:

280px-Infinitygems002.jpg

EDIT: And my undergrad school seems to have a logo for its rivalry. It's DIII football madness, with the Cortaca Jug competed for by my Ithaca College Bombers and the SUNY Cortland Red Dragons.

banner.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just off the top of my head in regards to rivalries with bells in college football:

Duke-North Carolina

USC-UCLA

Marshall-Ohio

Cincinnati-Miami U.

Minnesota-Penn State (Governor's Victory Bell)

Missouri-Nebraska

There could be others in lower levels, but I think those are the six in D I-FBS...

ducks-large.jpg

Just off the top of my head in regards to rivalries with bells in college football:

Duke-North Carolina

USC-UCLA

Marshall-Ohio

Cincinnati-Miami U.

Minnesota-Penn State (Governor's Victory Bell)

Missouri-Nebraska

There could be others in lower levels, but I think those are the six in D I-FBS...

OK-OK St apparently play for the Bedlam Bell.

Any logos floating around for the Territorial Cup (aka The Duel in the Desert) for Arizona State vs. UofA ?

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

It is also for Stanford v. Cal according to Wikipedia.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

It is also for Stanford v. Cal according to Wikipedia.

Well if it is... then the Lexus Gauntlet site doesn't acknowledge it because either it's new, or it's been canceled. I saw that and then checked the site again and it has no information on the Cal-Stanford thing.

Archived