College Rivalry Logos

footballfiji

Here's the old Red River Shootout logo before the name was changed to something more politically correct...

Red_River_Shootout200.gif

Good illustration of where common sense goes out the window. Normal people can see a game called a "shootout" in context and not be influenced by it in any way related to weapons or killing people. But we have to rename the game because there's a .00000001% chance that some freak somewhere will mow down 15 innocent people then claim it was because the word "shootout" was used in reference to a football game. Ridiculous. :cursing:

Somebody already posted the Bayou Classic logo but that one's more than a football game; they even have a logo and graphics for the band competition. :D

BattleoftheBands_2007.gif

drummers.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the old Red River Shootout logo before the name was changed to something more politically correct...

Good illustration of where common sense goes out the window. Normal people can see a game called a "shootout" in context and not be influenced by it in any way related to weapons or killing people. But we have to rename the game because there's a .00000001% chance that some freak somewhere will mow down 15 innocent people then claim it was because the word "shootout" was used in reference to a football game. Ridiculous. :cursing:

Correct. Just like calling something the largest outdoor cocktail party will not cause people to drink who otherwise would not. And taking the names of the back of uniforms is not going to make players act more like a team. Oklahoma is returning names to the backs of their jerseys. Are their players going to be more selfish now?

It is just symbolism to make people feel like they are "doing something".

Everyone loves a roundel.

The Pillow Fight: La.-Laffayette vs. La.-Monroe

They actually call it that?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

No, they call it the Battle on the Bayou. Makes sense when you think about it.

Er, the UL-ULM game is/was never called that.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• 4 weeks later...

New Apple Cup Logo today, and a sponsor:

1345183.jpeg

I'm surprised that even for the $1 million sponsorship deal, Boeing's name doesn't dominate the logo. Probably a good thing.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

BLTOKYEUZGIKBIE.20031201174407.gif

I'm probably biased, but I've always loved the Bedlam Series logo for how it symbolizes the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State rivalry without following the usual "Title sponsor + Wordmark + School logos/helmets = logo" formula.

GOD I HATE PC-ness, especially when it is totally unnecessary (which basically is in every instance)

RED RIVER RIVALRY????

Bad....really really bad.

Somewhere out there is an Apple Cup logo. Starting this year it will also include the Boeing logo.

As the presenting sponsor, Chicago-based Boeing's (NYSE: BA) name will appear on the Apple Cup logo and the company will be identified as a sponsor across all media whenever the game is mentioned.

Somewhere out there is an Apple Cup logo. Starting this year it will also include the Boeing logo.
As the presenting sponsor, Chicago-based Boeing's (NYSE: BA) name will appear on the Apple Cup logo and the company will be identified as a sponsor across all media whenever the game is mentioned.

Look up 5 posts.

saBS.png

Look up 5 posts.

Here's the logo for the Beanpot - while not a rivalry, per se, it's an in season hockey tournament with the 4 D-I hockey teams in Boston - Northeastern, Boston University, Boston College and Harvard.

http://www.beanpothockey.com/

If I'm not mistaken, that's an ESPN Bottom 10 reference... of course, they usually just lump those two together as UL-U Pick 'Em.

Not anymore since both teams are respectable.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Here's the logo for the Beanpot - while not a rivalry, per se, it's an in season hockey tournament with the 4 D-I hockey teams in Boston - Northeastern, Boston University, Boston College and Harvard.

On a similar note, the four WCHA schools in Minnesota (U. of MN, St. Cloud State, MN State-Mankato, and UMN-Duluth) play a season-long competition called the "DQ Cup." Nope, I'm not kidding.

Here's the logo:

DQ-CUP-LOGO.gif

AAAAAAAND, the trophy:

dqcupcasey.jpg

It's considered somewhat cursed, since the two winners (Minnesota in 2006, St. Cloud in 2007) both lost out in the WCHA Final Five, and suffered first-round upsets in the NCAA tournament.

On a similar note, the four WCHA schools in Minnesota (U. of MN, St. Cloud State, MN State-Mankato, and UMN-Duluth) play a season-long competition called the "DQ Cup." Nope, I'm not kidding.

Here's the logo:

DQ-CUP-LOGO.gif

AAAAAAAND, the trophy:

dqcupcasey.jpg

It's considered somewhat cursed, since the two winners (Minnesota in 2006, St. Cloud in 2007) both lost out in the WCHA Final Five, and suffered first-round upsets in the NCAA tournament.

Do they fill it with a waffle cone, vanilla ice cream and fudge? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Archived