ESPN trying to get back the NHL?

rvrdgsfn

If ESPN would get the NHL back they would also have to get Gary Thorne back, but the problem is he does the Orioles games and he is a bunch of crap.

Fixed for you. :D

LOL, why do you hate Gary Thorne?

For me personally is because he constantly botches up player names. Both identifying who the player is and mispronounces names. I think the most important attribute a play-by-play guy should have is accuracy and Thorne fails that.

If ESPN would get the NHL back they would also have to get Gary Thorne back, but the problem is he does the Orioles games and he is a bunch of crap.

Fixed for you. :D

LOL, why do you hate Gary Thorne?

Because he's more annoying than a swamp full of mosquitos

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I don't even care who does the broadcasting, I just want the NHL on ESPN ASAP! I feel like I need some more acronyms. Ummm....someone help me here...

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If ESPN is considering another go-round with the NHL, that tells me they may be ready to ditch the NBA at the earliest opportunity. NHL TV rights can be had for a song, but NBA rights are much higher even though their ratings aren't that much better. This would be a good opportunity for ESPN to cut costs while offering a little more variety in their winter programming, which was already nearly wall-to-wall college basketball before they got the NBA.

Sorry to disappoint, but the NBA and ESPN just signed an extension to the existing package that keeps the league on ESPN until something like 2016. If they really wanted to cut costs, they would swamp the network with wall-to-wall crap like poker and crap about the Yankees. Oh wait...........

Never Mind.

screw cable, i HATE how ABC get the "leftovers" from ESPN on college sports, and the NBA and did with the NHL no , network is where its at and more people can see it, plain and simple u want more people watching your product: DOUBLE HEADERS EVER SAT AND SUN!!!!!!! that goes with all sports!!!

screw cable, i HATE how ABC get the "leftovers" from ESPN on college sports, and the NBA and did with the NHL no , network is where its at and more people can see it, plain and simple u want more people watching your product: DOUBLE HEADERS EVER SAT AND SUN!!!!!!! that goes with all sports!!!

But the network won't pay more than the cable channel. Simple economics and going for the highest bidder.

Besides, doubleheaders really only work for football. Do it for the other sports, and it's just not financially worth it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived