University of Maryland Baseball Concept

aragin66

C&C would be appreciated....but remember if you dont have anything good to say..don't cause i'll find you and send Michael Vick to your house to watch your dog.

TERPSBASEBALL.jpg

I think the away jersey should say Maryland in red...and the alts should have the M Terp logo. Oh and you need to fix the hats. The M seems off. And drop the yellow, you don't need 5 jerseys. And I would love to see the Maryland flag worked in some how.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The gold has looked good on a grand total of one Maryland Terrapin in history, may he rest in peace. Needless to say, it don't work here.

The whites are easily my favorites, and I disagree with rockngoalie, I also like the road uniform. The red wordmark on the red jersey, however, doesn't really work for me.

Overall, I like it.

I'd love it if you got rid of at least 2 of the alternates. You simply don't need alternates to alternates, and you don't need to have a version of the jersey in every color of the rainbow. What fan... of a college baseball team... is going to fork over cash for 5 jerseys?

My other gripe is the cap logo. Something about it is off. The strokes are too thick, maybe. Also, it would look strange when paired with the vest jersey, which has the same letter, but slanted when held by Testudo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like most of this concept, there are a few things that could be changed. Switch the Maryland wordmark on the away alt. and the terrapin logo on the away jersey. The red on red is hard to read and the terrapin logo would look better on the alternate jersey. The yellow jersey doesn't work with this. Trying a black script or the terrapin logo might make it look better.

There are a lot of jerseys, but don't most colleges have as many jerseys as possible to cut down on laundry? I think they try to have three jerseys for home and away so they can wear something different each series.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

There are a lot of jerseys, but don't most colleges have as many jerseys as possible to cut down on laundry? I think they try to have three jerseys for home and away so they can wear something different each series.

Unless you're advocating disposable uniforms, worn clothes still have to get washed eventually, whether it's the same uniform every day or 5 different mix & match uniforms at the end of the week. All the wash still has to get done, so I am wondering how having more uniforms saves laundry. Or does anything except give the equipment managers hernias from carrying extra gear all over.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Unless you're advocating disposable uniforms, worn clothes still have to get washed eventually, whether it's the same uniform every day or 5 different mix & match uniforms at the end of the week. All the wash still has to get done, so I am wondering how having more uniforms saves laundry. Or does anything except give the equipment managers hernias from carrying extra gear all over.

I'm not in favor of college teams having 5 uniforms, but there are teams that use that many jerseys (South Carolina comes to mind right away.) It was brought up in the last college baseball concept that some teams use 3 different jerseys for a series so they don't have to wash the jerseys after each game. Not all teams do this, Illinois only has a white, blue, and orange jersey, but arragin66 may have chosen to have 5 jerseys because it's not uncommon for a college team to have that many.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's much easier for a team to have three uniforms. That way on the road it cuts laundry costs since you don't wash jersey tops each night. The equipment staff just washes the uniforms on Monday-Wednesday of the next week. Then it's easier to have three for home weekends because the equipment staff is busy washing away laundry and umpire laundry. Most colleges only have one maybe two washers at their baseball facility, so space is limited on how much you can get done between games. The home team is usually always responsible for washing the opposing team's "loops" (Undershirts, underwear, and socks) as well as their game pants and BP tops. Plus what ever laundry needs to be done for the home team.

I'm not in favor of college teams having 5 uniforms, but there are teams that use that many jerseys (South Carolina comes to mind right away.) It was brought up in the last college baseball concept that some teams use 3 different jerseys for a series so they don't have to wash the jerseys after each game. Not all teams do this, Illinois only has a white, blue, and orange jersey, but arragin66 may have chosen to have 5 jerseys because it's not uncommon for a college team to have that many.

Exactly why I went with as many uniforms. I noticed that in college baseball most teams tend to go with more than just the normal home, away and alternate uniforms. As far as the red on red concept, yeah looking at it now the colors do seem to bleed together. As always thanks for the C&C guys.

Archived