Bonds Breaking Home Run Record

Jeremy12

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You said you were 10 years old right?

This kid is quickly becoming a celebrity on these boards.

I'm going to start calling him Patsox Jr. if he keeps posting at this rate, with this level of quality.

Also, I thought there was a rule that no one under 13 could post. Isn't that why t-mac got shown the door?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

With dog-fighting and point-shaving and family killing and nightclub shootings and bachelor party hijinks, Barry Bonds has become the feel good story of the summer!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I honestly do not care.

Why?

-I don't believe stats that involve quantity in a career are an indicator of a great player.

-Babe Ruth will always be the home run king.

-Statistics should always be compared to the norm of their generation.

-In 1927 Ruth hit 60 HR. Gehrig was 2nd with 48, and Tony Lazzeri was 3rd with 18!

-Barry and Arod hit in a generation where HRs are easier... due to smaller park sizes, balls regulations, better bats... and players actually work out now... ha!

-Ruth averaged 1 HR per 11.8 AB

-Aaron averaged 1 HR per 16. 3 AB

-Bonds 1 HR per 12.9 AB

So, in my mind Bonds will never be the HR king. He may be a cheater, but so did others in his generation. It's more rampant in pro sports than most people think.

Lance Armstrong cheated and people walk around with those yellow bracelets. Why does Barry get a bad rap?

I honestly do not care.

Why?

-I don't believe stats that involve quantity in a career are an indicator of a great player.

-In 1927 Ruth hit 60 HR. Maris was 2nd with 48, and Tony Lazzeri was 3rd with 18!

-Barry and Arod hit in a generation where HRs are easier... due to smaller park sizes, balls regulations, better bats... and players actually work out now... ha!

-Bonds 1 HR per 12.9 AB

So, in my mind Bonds will never be the HR king. He may be a cheater, but so did others in his generation. It's more rampant in pro sports than most people think.

Lance Armstrong cheated and people walk around with those yellow bracelets. Why does Barry get a bad rap?

Interesting points. But the real question is this: If Roger Maris was capable of that kind of power in 1927, why did he take the next 30 years off? Perhaps given those years back, he would be the all-time Home Run King and we wouldn't be saddled with this Barry Bonds mess. What a shame.

I honestly do not care.

Why?

-In 1927 Ruth hit 60 HR. Maris was 2nd with 48, and Tony Lazzeri was 3rd with 18!

-Bonds 1 HR per 12.9 AB

Interesting points. But the real question is this: If Roger Maris was capable of that kind of power in 1927, why did he take the next 30 years off? Perhaps given those years back, he would be the all-time Home Run King and we wouldn't be saddled with this Barry Bonds mess. What a shame.

Because Commissioner Landis outlawed backward time travel and Maris had to return to 1961, where he then broke Ruth's single season record. :D

He's not 10. I go to school with him.

sarcasm?

And anyway, it's not like it/he matters. He's banned now.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I honestly do not care.

Why?

-In 1927 Ruth hit 60 HR. Gehrig was 2nd with 48, and Tony Lazzeri was 3rd with 18!

-Bonds 1 HR per 12.9 AB

Being great for a long time is not an indicator of a great player?

Why isn't Hank Aaron the home run king?

Because he is an A$$hole

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

He's not 10. I go to school with him.

sarcasm?

And anyway, it's not like it/he matters. He's banned now.

I know it/he doesn't matter cause he banned, but yes I do go to school with him. He's in the same grade as me, which is going into Grade 11. So he's either 15 or 16 but I'm not sure which.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived