United Nations of Baseball Map

pcgd

Didn't we have something like this a while ago?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Jags are Jacksonville's team.

I know that, but my point is that the Jaguars are having trouble growing out from Jacksonville. Go out 2 hours from Duval County and the Jags no longer have as much support as the Fins and Bucs.

It's gonna take time, the Jags are still new. The fanbase is growing, it will get there.

I don't want to see the Jaguars fail in Jacksonville because they can't get people from 2 hours away to make it out to games. They have a beautiful stadium in a beautiful city. The football team isn't bad at all and the fans in the city are excited.....but they need to do something to market outside Jacksonville.

They have no presence west of Lake City anymore and that is a problem. The Dolphins run ads in Palm Beach and Fort Myers all the time, Bucs do the same in Orlando and Fort Myers. Jags have Orlando and Tallahassee as secondary markets and many cringe when CBS airs the Jags instead of the Fins due to NFL policy. Even as a Fins fan, I hope that changes.

I remember that the drive to Alltel Stadium was ridiculously bad. Gridlock. They didn't have the proper infrastructure in place to host an event like an NFL game.... Maybe's that has changed now, but if it's still the case, I would think twice about driving from another city to go see them play.

They got the Cubs-Cards right even adding that dip to the south for the Cubs that includes Champaign-Urbana and their Chicago transplants at the U of I. I don't think the White Sox territory is correct and I believe they made it that big just so they could fit the logo in there neatly. They did put other little subtile areas in there such as Chattanooga being Reds territory because of the Lookouts' being a Reds affiliate, Fort Wayne going to the Tigers, and El Paso to the D-Backs. What I do not understand is the Cardinals reaching to the Ohio border in the Western suburbs of Cincinnati or that little strip of land around Shreveport. There's also Marlins territory in southern Georgia which I can't understand. Are the people of Valdosta really more Marlins oriented than Braves? The blackout map is superior to this map as it allows multiple team allegiances and eliminates any argument between regions.

As you can see, I love my baseball and geography and putting them together is a fun topic to discuss for me. :D

Didn't we have something like this a while ago?

Sort of, but this one doesn't include revolutions, invasions and insurgencies. Or national flags. Not yet, anyway.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

What is a Pink Hatter? Is it a bandwagon fan, right?

Not really a bandwagon fan necessarily...but pretty close...

Pink hatters (or pink hats) are the girls that are fans of the team just because its cool or popular to be a fan of said team. You can tell who they are by their Pink hat, pink jersey, or having a favorite player because he's "so hot". This could be extended to guys with the green Red Sox hats, red yankees hats, logos all over hats, etc. (but not all)

Not to be confused with the girl/guy that is a fan of the team because her boyfriend/girlfriend is. Many times these fans do mean well, and may own a pink hat or jersey, but they care about the team because they care about someone else. Not because they care about what they look like.

Thank you man for your time explaining me that. :)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

They got the Cubs-Cards right even adding that dip to the south for the Cubs that includes Champaign-Urbana and their Chicago transplants at the U of I.

I always saw Champaign-Urbana as 50-50. I know growing up we had Cards/Cubs days every year at school and it was pretty much 50-50 with the occational white sox fan thrown in there. Although they were outnumbered by Yankees fans. I know the UofI is mostly chicago folks, but I think permanent residents are split. All the news coverage is evenly split and there are both Cardinal and Cub affliate radio stations. Perhaps its changed in the 5 years since I've been back...

As far as the other central illinois big cities, Bloomington was very much a cubs town, and springfield was very much a Cardinals town.

As far as the other central illinois big cities, Bloomington was very much a cubs town, and springfield was very much a Cardinals town.

Peoria's roughly 60-40 Cub.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Being in Bloomington, the Cubs do have a slight advantage at about 60-40 or so as well. Springfield is only 90 minutes away from St. Louis and used to be home to the Cards' Triple-A and Single-A Springfield Cardinals so they are definetly Cardinals territory. The town exactly equal distance from Chicago and St. Louis is Atlanta (not the Braves) in between Bloomington and Springfield.

The government of Atlanta, reperesenting the Brave organization are forming iniatives, and rolling out well armed forces to battle insurgents into the un-secured mid Western sections of the country. Chipper Jones Jersey for the men, AJ for the boys, and the 3 pack of McCann Francour, and Kelly Johnson for all the ladies.

I dream of a navy map, with small, colorful sport of other fans, swimming in the comforting navy that surround them.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The government of Atlanta, reperesenting the Brave organization are forming iniatives, and rolling out well armed forces to battle insurgents into the un-secured mid Western sections of the country. Chipper Jones Jersey for the men, AJ for the boys, and the 3 pack of McCann Francour, and Kelly Johnson for all the ladies.

I dream of a navy map, with small, colorful sport of other fans, swimming in the comforting navy that surround them.

I think this goes in the other thread. One thread about battles between rival groups of fans and rebels should suffice.

B)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived