New Orleans Crawfish

Gothamite

I created this really quick concept for the 2008 All-Star Game logo thread, but thought it might be fun to develop here.

This is based on the alternate logos for the All-Star Game. In my fantasy world, they would drop the name Hornets (or sell it back to Charlotte, if their owner was interested in setting aside his ego), and adopt a more local moniker:

1000598944_5b2830e474_o.gif

Initial thoughts?

EDIT: Updated image, after feedback

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the logos! I especially like the fleur d' les (I know I misspelled it)... The rendering of the Craw Fish looks good, however, it isn't terribly imposing. Though, I am 200 times more scared of the Crawfish than I am of the Washington Wizard!

Great concept!

I created this really quick concept for the 2008 All-Star Game logo thread, but thought it might be fun to develop here.

This is based on the alternate logos for the All-Star Game. In my fantasy world, they would drop the name Hornets (or sell it back to Charlotte, if their owner was interested in setting aside his ego), and adopt a more local moniker:

999114304_3f049678a2_o.gif

Initial thoughts?

I agree that the animal be a bit more mean looking but if I may suggest (and I may be wrong here) but most in louisiana call them "Crawdads"

Also, great use of the Cincinnati Reds font(for the numbers), It looks good anywhere!

Aw, you caught me! :blush:

I used the Reds font for the wordmark as well.

The teal on the inside happened to be part of the pattern on the template - I might just remove it altogether.

The comparison to the Raptors' logo came up on the other thread. I agree that they are similar, but think this is a much better logo. I'll repeat here what I said there:

1. the scale on this one makes more sense (you'd think a dinosaur would be bigger than a basketball; and
  2. the crawfish is demonstrating good ball control, looking for the open man. The Raptor looks like he's trying not to fall off.

Thanks for the C&C, guys.

Slick...but i would make red the primary, since cooked crawfish are red, alive they are a kinda muddy brown to a chocolate brown, depending on the enviroment.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Guest darkpiranha

the fleur de lis is so very close to being a crawfish shape. what if you flipped the two downward pointing arms and pointed them upwards, like crawfish arms?

And I'm from Louisiana and we call them crawfish 90% of the time.

Great idea and execution.

Ooh. What if for the side paneling you used something similar to the ornate curly stuff (metalwork?) seen at the bottom and top of the ASG logo.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Basketba...xj9efrdkpln.gif

(Where the NBA logo is on the top, and where the basketball is incorporated in on the bottom)

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I agree that the animal be a bit more mean looking but if I may suggest (and I may be wrong here) but most in louisiana call them "Crawdads"

Crawdads?!?! Sorry, but I've lived here all my life and NEVER has anyone that I know EVER referred to them as "Crawdads". It's Crawfish. Every now and then you my here a "mudbug" thrown in there.

gYH2mW9.png

No, we don't.

...and it's amusing to see the Louisiana contingent of the CCSLC coming out of the woodwork to tell you how wrong you are. :P

BTW, slick concept Gothamite.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived