St.Louis Blues Concept

Davey

It's been a while since I did a concept, so I decided to give it a go again. Anywas I decided to go with the Blue's, and start off small. This is also my first time using Illustrator. So I hope you like it and C+C are welcome.

stlouis.2.gif

4kv29i.jpg

Wow I love this concept. The white note is nice, I'm surprised this is the first time I see it.

Great, simple concept. Really strong.

Amazing job !

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

If the Blue Note isn't blue - even on the dark sweater - you're asking for a full-scale riot. Seriously, some people are insane about the Blue Note. Other than that, I really like the white sweater. There is too much white in the blue sweater (not just the Note, but in general).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If the Blue Note isn't blue - even on the dark sweater - you're asking for a full-scale riot. Seriously, some people are insane about the Blue Note. Other than that, I really like the white sweater. There is too much white in the blue sweater (not just the Note, but in general).

Well I was thinking about making the numbers yellow ( like reverse them ) you think i should go with that ?

4kv29i.jpg

I like that...if you go over to the nhl jersey thread in the general logo board, you'll see i suggested that the leafs do the same but with the more detailed leaf logo and not the boring one they currently wear.

I don't think it'd be something riot worthy by fans, the logo is still intact which is a music note, i'm not sure what the reason behind the team name was, but i doubt it was just because of the colour blue rather than the blues music which might've been highly popular in STL (don't live there, don't know).

I think that white blues logo looks interesting, with some blue shading in it, it might be enough for fans to not whine or hate it (rightfully so though). Yellow numbers is something i'd want to see though, a blues jersey with no yellow numbers would look odd to me.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I actually like the piping, oddly. Gives a nod to the current Peoria Rivermen jerseys, which I like, despite their new-school-ish look.

The white note... no, no no. ;)

As I said in the other Blues concept thread, I wouldn't call it an upgrade over what they have now, just because I love what they have so much. But it's certainly nice, and I wouldn't hate seeing it on the ice.

How 'bout we see the back of those in all their Bernie Federko glory?

(Of course, I'm hearing all about vertical stripes for the Blues... :cry::mad: )

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I actually like the piping, oddly. Gives a nod to the current Peoria Rivermen jerseys, which I like, despite their new-school-ish look.

The white note... no, no no. ;)

As I said in the other Blues concept thread, I wouldn't call it an upgrade over what they have now, just because I love what they have so much. But it's certainly nice, and I wouldn't hate seeing it on the ice.

How 'bout we see the back of those in all their Bernie Federko glory?

(Of course, I'm hearing all about vertical stripes for the Blues... :cry::mad: )

What you think I should do to the whites then ?

I liked toe piping too, but ya gota keep the fans happy lol.

(for ex; some like whites others don't..... same with the piping)

4kv29i.jpg

currently, the blues have a royal blue note on the whites, and a navy blue note on the blues, right?

if you're going to keep navy blue in the color scheme, i think the note on the dark sweater needs to be navy.

i also prefered the coloring on the blue jersey when it had more white. but it's up to you.

but still yellow numbers, though.

*update* (try #6 )

*just guna re-post it hear guys*

Ok, I pretty much just changed around the home jerseys, bringing in more navy blue. Since I changed/recolored the logo, the white, or the yellow ( on the sleeves ) didn't fit in, imo, so I changed that as well. Don't worry I kept the yellow numbers.

I still don't know what do to with the aways yet.

As well as I brought back the piping on the jerseys.

st.louis7.gif

4kv29i.jpg

I don't like the curved stripes. Is there a special reason for them or is it because of the template? Because in real life the lines aren't curved on the edge template.

I made them like that because of the template . If or when I put them straighted , It didn't look right, imo.

4kv29i.jpg

I think that first White Note version would make for a good third jersey (Blue Note obsessives notwithstanding).

As for Try #5, I would make the piping on the white jersey navy to keep it consistent with the blue jersey. Nice, simple design though. Great work.

I think that first White Note version would make for a good third jersey (Blue Note obsessives notwithstanding).

As for Try #5, I would make the piping on the white jersey navy to keep it consistent with the blue jersey. Nice, simple design though. Great work.

Ok sounds kewl I'll do that.

But im guna just post it, or replace it with "try #5" instead if keep posting lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived