US State and National Flags

GoValpo

State

1. South Carolina(not biased, i just love the palmetto tree)

2. New Mexico(simple and unique)

3. Maryland(the design is just unique and famous)

National

1. Canada

2. Jamaica

3. Argentina

sc.gif

Argentina-flag.gif

Go Bulls, Bears, Cubs, and Blackhawks!!

GO TIGERS

Ireland_flag.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US States

1. New Mexico

2. Texas

3. Arizona

4. Maryland

5. Ohio

6. California

7. Massachusetts

hell no one said do just 3

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

750px-Flag_of_South_Georgia_and_the_South_Sandwich_Islands.svg.png

Seal+Hart+Penguin= win

But of course, every flag pales before the awesomeness that is

800px-Naval_Ensign_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

Sea Power > you.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

As your resident co-vexillologist (and mainly because I can't sleep and have to be at work at 10 AM), I hereby present to you the best, the good, the mediocre, and the worst. Flags are judged on cleanliness, recognizability, symbolism, and the ability to be viewed from far/high distances. Basically, the best flags are ones that are devoid of clutter, instantly recognizable as "hey, that's ____'s flag", and use symbolism/historical significance to portray that state/country. Ye olde generic blue flag with the name slapped on is automatically the worst.

The top 5 US flags (in order):

1. New Mexico

2. Alaska

3. South Carolina

4. Arizona

5. Hawaii

The good. Not bad at all, but not top 5 material (in no particular order):

Alabama, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas

The mediocre. No need to change, but could be better (in no particular order):

Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Washington, Wyoming

The worst. Get a better flag, stat! (in no particular order):

Connecticut, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin

The top 3 Canadian flags are, in order, Quebec, Nova Scotia, and Saskatchewan in a very distant third. With no disrespect to the country, the rest of the flags are quite bad.

Best National Flags:

Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Burundi, Canada, Denmark, Dominica, France, Greece, Guyana, Iceland, India, Iran, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Macedonia, Malawi, Nepal, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Seychelles, Slovakia, South Africa, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Togo, Tonga, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zimbabwe

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

us-ak.gif

us-nm.gif

At the other end of the scale, the vast majority of U.S. state flags are ugly. They are nothing but a blank field with a seal in the middle. Boring!

Doesn't that define what 2 of the 3 flags you picked are?

not used anymore, but

28%20japanese%20rising%20sun%20flag.jpg

i want one of those headbands with that design

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived