GoValpo

US State and National Flags

I'll probably post some more later, but no love for Bhutan? I always thought that they had a pretty sweet flag.

800px-Flag_of_Bhutan.svg.png

St Louis

StLouis.jpg

So, speaking of this awesome flag, anyone happen to know anywhere to find the official colors? I'm hoping for PANTONE values, but I'll take what I can get.

Cities take the secrecy of their PANTONE values very seriously. I would hate for this board to get shut down because someone decided to share them with you. I would also caution anyone who has images of city/state/country flag leaks to keep them to themselves. We don't need the League of American Mayors and Governors filing lawsuits.

Speaking of flags, I saw this on eBay. Can anyone tell me if it's a fake? If it is, how close is it to being the real thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3X5-CALIFORNIA-STA...1QQcmdZViewItem

U.S. State Flags

Alaska

Hawaii

Indiana

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Mexico

Ohio

Rhode Island

South Carolina

Tennessee

National Flags

Australia

Canada

Israel

Japan

Kyrgyzstan

New Zealand

Scotland

South Africa

United Kingdom

United States of America

International State/Territory/Prefecture Flags

Bavaria (Germany)

Chuvashia (Russia)

Flevoland (Netherlands)

Gifu (Japan)

Hong Kong (China)

Iwate (Japan)

Macao (China)

Newfoundland & Labrador (Canada)

Quebec (Canada)

Tokyo (Japan)

I'll probably post some more later, but no love for Bhutan? I always thought that they had a pretty sweet flag.

800px-Flag_of_Bhutan.svg.png

Now that you mention it, Wales is pretty good too.

Speaking of flags, I saw this on eBay. Can anyone tell me if it's a fake? If it is, how close is it to being the real thing?

Design wise it looks fine to me. I doubt its a fully embroidered flag, probably just one of those quick screen print jobs you see in novelty shops.

Design wise it looks fine to me. I doubt its a fully embroidered flag, probably just one of those quick screen print jobs you see in novelty shops.

I just wasn't aware of any negative connotations. I just thought of it as a sharp design so therefore posted it. As for the headband thing, i just thought it would look kind of cool.

now i am aware. i learned something new today. i am a bad person. thank you for telling me. drop it.

Hey, don't worry. This thread is all about the beauty of flags and not at all about what they stand for. I mean, some people see Stars and Stripes the same way the see the swastika, in what they feel it represents... Hell, I've even seen the American flag with swastikas or skulls instead of stars... Personally, I like the Nepalese flag a lot because it's just so different and (to me) it represents a very peaceful way of life...

Thanks!

Libya

01.libya.flag.jpg

Libya's flag always kills me. I mean, come on Libya, did you even try? Or did you forget about the assignment and just hand in whatever you had lying around?

The flag of Ottawa:

432px-Flag_of_Ottawa,_Ontario.svg.png

The colours suck but as much as I hated the stylized 'O' when it was unveiled in 2000 I've now seen it so much that it's grown on me.

Favorite State Flags:

1. Maryland

2. North Carolina

3. Washington

4. Hawaii

5. Texas

Favorite National Flags:

1. USA

2. Scotland

3. Sweden

4. Canada

5. France :)

State Flags

New Jersey

Wyoming

Ohio

National Flags

United States

Brazil

Lichtenstein

National

United Kingdom (So, I'm biased)

State

Hawai'i (Just for the design in the canton)

So, in my latest attempt to threadjack, I finally got around to updating my personal "states I've been in" map, since I had a state to add to it. The map is filed in with the flags of the states I've been in/through. The old version was a bit sloppy, however, made way before my Illustrator days. So, I went digging for maps and flags in EPS/AI format, and found what I was looking for.

So, after some work, I give you my updated map. (At least until I add a few of the mid-Atlantic states come November.)

us-map.png

i've been doin a sort of similar project, involving license plates. It's a little sloppy right now, I need to clean it up after figuring out the right layout I want with each plate, some states are hard to do becuse of the plate design. It was fun ot do though.

plates.png

us-map.png

Much like state shapes, the further west you go, the simpler they get...intresting.

So, in my latest attempt to threadjack, I finally got around to updating my personal "states I've been in" map, since I had a state to add to it. The map is filed in with the flags of the states I've been in/through. The old version was a bit sloppy, however, made way before my Illustrator days. So, I went digging for maps and flags in EPS/AI format, and found what I was looking for.

So, after some work, I give you my updated map. (At least until I add a few of the mid-Atlantic states come November.)

us-map.png

Exactly how many states do that "state seal on blue background" crap?

Why can't these states (including my state) get someone who actually knows flag design to redesign their flags?