US State and National Flags

GoValpo

I am aware that this thread is almost a year old, but I wanted to post something, and I'm not sure it's worthy of it's own thread after reading through this one.

I recently found myself sitting at a college graduation and trying to keep myself from falling asleep. Flags of graduates' countries were hanging from the roof of the tent, and I started to comb through all of them and put together my Top 3 flag designs. I did not include the USA because my opinion has been greatly influenced by seeing it all my life. I was struck by the following flags, and thought I would share them here. Once I searched for a favorite flags thread I just decided to post in here and maybe revive an old discussion. If there is nothing left to talk about just let this thread drift back into the darkness. All these flags have been posted in here already anyway, but whatever, they are great enough to warrant 2 mentions.

#3-Barbados

barbados-flag.282221152_std.gif

#2-Kenya

kenya.gif

#1-Kazakhstan

kazakhstan-flag.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

States:

1. Arizona

2. Alaska

3. New Mexico

Countries:

1. Barbados

2. Jamaica

3. Cyprus or Kosovo

reasoning for #3: flags are supposed to represent the country. the best thing that represents the country is the country itself.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

South Carolina has to be one of the most marketed flags. I might be biased, but whenever I travel to other states I never see their flag or elements of it plastered everywhere...in South Carolina, you can't get on a public road and drive 5 miles without seeing it 10 times.

South Carolina has to be one of the most marketed flags. I might be biased, but whenever I travel to other states I never see their flag or elements of it plastered everywhere...in South Carolina, you can't get on a public road and drive 5 miles without seeing it 10 times.

If you want to see a state/provincial flag everywhere, drive through Quebec :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Absolutely...I love it. Some of the stickers are a little overmarketed and a stretch, but overall, I think it's great.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Well I have never been to Quebec...but for example, if you take a trip to your local shopping center- are you guaranteed to see elements of the flag as a sticker on someone's car, multiple t-shirts with the flag, koozie's with the flag, mailboxes with the flag, custom dishware with the flag, neckties with the flag, polo shirts with the flag on the chest, hats/caps with the flag, sandals with the flag on the straps, gah I could go on and on. I just can't imagine anywhere else using their flag and marketing it on items as much as South Carolina does. When I pulled in my parking lot after I got home from work today, 9 of the 13 cars had palmetto trees on the back window in some form or another.

I personally find the national flag of Israel to be the most aesthetically pleasing. Great design and colors.

And every country that has the union jack in the corner of their flag needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with something better.

Maryland? I know I see tons more MD flags than SC flags. Matter of fact......I think I've seen the SC flag in person about 5-10 times.

Maryland? I know I see tons more MD flags than SC flags. Matter of fact......I think I've seen the SC flag in person about 5-10 times.

What part of NC are you from?

I did a quick count as I was going into work today, and counted 19 cars in my restaurant parking lot (not including mine, I have a red and gold emblem with "Winthrop" under it) with some sort of South Carolina flag/palmetto and crescent paraphernalia. Most were window stickers, but I counted more than a few license plates on cars that were backed into spots, as well as some of the silver plastic ornaments and some bumper stickers. It's insanely popular.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Well I have never been to Quebec...but for example, if you take a trip to your local shopping center- are you guaranteed to see elements of the flag as a sticker on someone's car, multiple t-shirts with the flag, koozie's with the flag, mailboxes with the flag, custom dishware with the flag, neckties with the flag, polo shirts with the flag on the chest, hats/caps with the flag, sandals with the flag on the straps, gah I could go on and on. I just can't imagine anywhere else using their flag and marketing it on items as much as South Carolina does. When I pulled in my parking lot after I got home from work today, 9 of the 13 cars had palmetto trees on the back window in some form or another.

I can sum it up best in one sentence... in Quebec they don't even fly the Canadian flag at government buildings, Quebec flag only.

edit: i now see this policy has been changed recently as the canadian flag is now flown alongside the quebec flag at city hall in montreal and quebec city

quebec-day13.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I know one thing, you'll never see that here. Driving/riding through Racine, aside from the stars & stripes, you will most likely see at least two of these flags before you ever see a Wisconsin state flag:

-Packers (by a very wide margin)

-Badgers

-Brewers

-Mexico (usually in flag form, though often on clothing, bumper stickers, etc.)

-Confederate (usually on the backs of pickups)

-Texas (usually on clothing)

shoot, I was at the courthouse a couple months ago and can't remember whether the state flag was there or not. basically, Wisconsin's flag is the definition of forgettable and bland.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

not used anymore, but

28%20japanese%20rising%20sun%20flag.jpg

i want one of those headbands with that design

Hell, they even make shoes with that design on 'em.

AAAACushq_YAAAAAAAWsJQ.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived