Pittsburgh MLS Concept

Rampart

Did you ever tinker around with the fonts and try PITTSBURGH in Old English? Just a thought (which you have probably already read).

I did tinker around with several differant fonts. I wanted something to be bold and look good in all caps. Old English had two major drawbacks when I played with it. 1. It doesn't look very good in all caps unless it's tatooed on the torso of a gang member. 2. It's a narrow font that looks bad stretched out. With the size of the banner, it would need a lot of stretching.

It was a good idea. It would really give it a majestic look, but the logo would have to be built around the font instead of the other way around.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh. That last crest is terrific.

I personally like the blue and white checkers better than the black and gold. The latter looks much too much like a taxicab. It might look a bit better if the vertical version were a little thinner, slightly smaller than the size of the crest.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 11 months later...
Id hate to dig up such an old thread, but I think someone else likes this crest:

http://www.steelarmy.com/

Yep...WE DO!

Rampart found us and suggested that we use his design and helped with the current design that you see. We told him that the Pittsburgh Riverhounds were looking for a new crest/logo and suggested that he get in contact with them. I hope he did. We were hoping that the club would adopt his logo for the club but I guess the FO has a different idea of what a good logo looks like. <_<

Archived