If You Were AD For a Day

rock55choc

I took me some serious thinking...but I'm thinking that willmorris is using this as a hypothetical question, his way of saying in a veiled way that Notre Dame should join a conference or not compete for the national championship. That makes what he's been saying a little bit less ludicrous, since I do agree that they should join a conference ASAP.

But they should be able to compete for the national championship if they're good enough, still.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took me some serious thinking...but I'm thinking that willmorris is using this as a hypothetical question, his way of saying in a veiled way that Notre Dame should join a conference or not compete for the national championship. That makes what he's been saying a little bit less ludicrous, since I do agree that they should join a conference ASAP.

But they should be able to compete for the national championship if they're good enough, still.

I think you're just trying to be nice for Will's sake. If Notre Dame ran the table playing his proposed schedule they should make the playoffs in The NFL. For him to say that it would only be good for a Sugar Bowl bid is absurd. He would have to scale it back a few notches for his idea to be simply "ludicrous." Honestly, I think he's sticking to the idea just to get a rise out of the board. No one here could possibly be that clueless about college football.

BB52Big.jpg

No one here could possibly be that clueless about college football.

In other words, he's an ACC guy.....

Ah, I still remember when some folks thought that the ACC was the best conference in all the land...that lasted for about 2 months.

I think you're just trying to be nice for Will's sake. If Notre Dame ran the table playing his proposed schedule they should make the playoffs in The NFL. For him to say that it would only be good for a Sugar Bowl bid is absurd. He would have to scale it back a few notches for his idea to be simply "ludicrous." Honestly, I think he's sticking to the idea just to get a rise out of the board. No one here could possibly be that clueless about college football.

I'll be honest. I thought Will was being sarcastic in his first post, making some point about the BCS being so biased against ND, that they couldn't get the National Championship berth even if they ran the table against the best of the best. But, since he never stepped in to say, "hey guys, I was being sarcastic" I guess he's sincere. Or are you not, willmorris?

actually i am because i don't follow college sports at all. I actually didn't know half those teams will listed were top 25 teams aside from maybe florida, ohio state, michigan etc. the players/teams i know are the teams i've seen featured by the media. heck i didn't even know syracuse changed their uniforms 3 or 4 times over. i still thought they wore the mcnabb era stuff. So i'm a bit clueless on the stuff alot of teams wear aside from what i've seen posted on the boards.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Ah, I still remember when some folks thought that the ACC was the best conference in all the land...that lasted for about 2 months.

Come on guys, we aren't that bad... :rolleyes:

actually i am because i don't follow college sports at all. I actually didn't know half those teams will listed were top 25 teams aside from maybe florida, ohio state, michigan etc. the players/teams i know are the teams i've seen featured by the media. heck i didn't even know syracuse changed their uniforms 3 or 4 times over. i still thought they wore the mcnabb era stuff. So i'm a bit clueless on the stuff alot of teams wear aside from what i've seen posted on the boards.

Duly noted. That does not however change the absurdity of Will's post. For a minute there I thought El Duderino got it right. After reading his post I wondered if Will's post may have been using a little sarcasm to make a point about the bias against Notre Dame. Then I remembered that if Notre Dame goes 2-0 to start a season the national media and ESPN fawn over them like they're the greatest team ever. It happened last year and you'll see it again this year. If memory serves Notre Dame was in the top 10 last year until Michigan kicked their asses then they clawed there way back to a BCS bid they didn't deserve to get trounced by LSU in The Sugar Bowl. If there is an anti-Notre Dame bias I haven't noticed it.

Will's simply out of his mind. :D

BB52Big.jpg

The ACC got owned on a regular basis by the SEC last year.

But y'all aren't the worst of the BCS conferences, never that. That honor goes to the Big 12.

My schedule for the 2007 UNC Tar Heels:

Week 1 - HOME v. William & Mary: 1. Starting off the Butch Davis Era with a thumping of a I-AA school. Besides, it would allow me to hold on to the title of alma mater dominance in my house.

Week 2 - ROAD v. Alabama: A road win against a traditional SEC power that's fallen on some down times would resonate with many people who don't realize how badly 'Bama's fallen lately. And Nick Satan Saban doesn't have the Tide in shape yet...

Week 3 - HOME v. Virginia: Since we can't beat them in Charlottesville, and they don't beat us in Chapel Hill, let's get an ACC win out of the way early.

Week 4 - ROAD v. Hawai'i: Win or lose, as AD, I MUST support my program, and attend this game in person.

Week 5 - BYE... still in Hawai'i. Official AD business.

Week 6 - HOME v. South Carolina: It's about time to bring the Ol' Ball Coach back to Kenan Stadium to avenge what he did to us back he made Duke respectable. Plus, we can finally settle this "Which school is the 'true Carolina' nonsense?" [Hint: We are. Sorry, Cocks fans... :P ]

Week 7-14: ACC Conference games.

Not saying we're BCS bound, but it's the first step on the road back to respectability.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The ACC got owned on a regular basis by the SEC last year.

But y'all aren't the worst of the BCS conferences, never that. That honor goes to the Pac 10.

Honestly...besides USC, what do they have?

lilben, that's a pretty big if on the "run the table in Conference and win the title game" front. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Week 4 - ROAD v. Hawai'i: Win or lose, as AD, I MUST support my program, and attend this game in person.

Week 5 - BYE... still in Hawai'i. Official AD business.

You're only AD for a day.....

Well then it had better be the day UNC plays at Aloha Stadium... although I may just hire TFoA to be my agent, because clearly he's thinking outside the box. He's ready for Morehouse, but is Morehouse ready for him? :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

For Alabama:

Instead of Western Carolina we should schedule a mid-major team for a home opener. This would give us a winnable game, but give a better idea of where we're at than the Catamounts would. Maybe start a rivalry with Troy or Memphis (who is basically begging to get into the SEC). UL-M is a good team to break up all the hard SEC games, but maybe we shouldn't always go to them, maybe a Syracuse and UCONN, then we get a major confrence game and we play a "non-directional" school. I think Houston is a good game for homecoming.

For Appalachian:

I'd keep Michigan, and as sad as it sounds, it's a good money game. It will double the football team's budget and that's always a nice addition with them trying to renovate the football stadium. Lenoir-Rhyne for the two time defending champs is just unacceptable. We shouldn't be playing D-2 schools. I know we need a winnable game, maybe we should fly in a lower team from the NEC or the OVC. Maybe even NC A&T SU or WSSU. I think we should ditch the Northern Arizona game, cause if we are gonna fly a good team out to Boone, let's fly in Montana. Prove we are the best in FCS. Gardner Webb as homecoming is OK, but maybe we could pull in Liberty sometimes instead of always playing the Running Bulldogs.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived