Syracuse Orange New Helmets

MrOrangeman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they made the S smaller and put a navy facemask, that would be a good helmet for them. I liked the numbers, but it didn't seem to fit Syracuse. Maybe they will stick with this for more than a year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

white seems to be the instinctive choice as an outline, but i like the way they're keeping blue on orange and vice versa. looks great. keep it up syracuse.

I loved the numbers too...this "S" is ridiculous...The only thing they could hang on to was at least looking good while playing bad and they just lost that.

And while we are at it....

447817244_42d2a7badd.jpg

I miss the John Wallace era SU basketball jerseys too...

You know, I really don't hate the updates. I think they've looked good every year they changed the uniform. I only wish they would stick with something for more than a season. It would be even better if they won a game.

After all the tinkering, I'd like to know exactly what was so bad about these uniforms?

mcnabb_college.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

the S is too thick

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

You know, I really don't hate the updates. I think they've looked good every year they changed the uniform. I only wish they would stick with something for more than a season. It would be even better if they won a game.

After all the tinkering, I'd like to know exactly what was so bad about these uniforms?

mcnabb_college.jpg

I know, right? These are probably my favorite Syracuse uniforms, except for when they got dumb and tried for an all-orange look. I know they're the Orange(men) but that's just stupid.

Must they make (bad) changes every year now? It's like the more they change it up, the suckier they get.

My thoughts exactly. They're 3-for-3 on crapping up their uniforms. Quite a streak, even by Nike standards. And they don't even get the benefit of the "revolutionary" or "templated" free passes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

mcnabb_college.jpg

The numbers should be outlined in orange, not shadowed in orange. And that is all that is wrong. What a spectacular craptacular job these idiots have done.

The football gods are surely smiting the 'Cuse for their errors in uniform judgment.

Packers-2.png

I never thought I'd love a Syracuse look as much as I love this one, honestly...but their latest monstrocities have made me go weak over seeing something normal.

Orange shadow? Hey, I like it, personally.

Sticking a decent-sized (read: smaller than the new one) S on the side of the helmet would pretty much make it pure perfection, to this humble Tennessean. I've never been a fan of blank helmets. (The numbers on the sides were pretty cool, though I concur that they weren't really 'Cuse to me either.)

However, their recent attempts at unis have been real downers...on-field play aside.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived