2008 Pro Football Hall of Fame

tohasbo

Does anyone know who is up for eligibility for the Hall (Pro Football) next year?

I think that Darrell Green is a new one but who else?

Cris Carter's another big name. There's no doubt in my mind that both of those guys will be first-ballot inductees.

Others who are first-time eligibles are Richmond Webb, Lomas Brown, and Herman Moore. Pretty sure none of those guys are going in right away. In my opinion, Webb has a decent shot to make it in someday, Brown is a "maybe", and Moore will not ever make it in.

Art Monk and Jim Marshall both deserve to go in long overdue

It's ridiculous that Irvin went in before Monk. Monk has better stats and, I mention this only because ESPN says it's important, the same number of Super Bowl Rings. I'm not saying Irvin didn't deserve induction I just think if he's in than Monk should already be there.

Jim Marshall is WAY overdue.

BB52Big.jpg

Lomas Brown definitely should be a first ballot HOFer. He was the cornerstone of the offensive line that paved the way for Barry Sanders, making the Pro Bowl seven straight times from 1990 - 1996. Sounds like HOF credentials to me.

Lomas Brown definitely should be a first ballot HOFer. He was the cornerstone of the offensive line that paved the way for Barry Sanders, making the Pro Bowl seven straight times from 1990 - 1996. Sounds like HOF credentials to me.

No doubt. Lomas was the Lions o-line for the better part of a decade. I'm still hoping Herman Moore gets in, although I realize it's very unlikely.

Two teammates have gone in togehter as even though they finished their careers elsewhere, Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott went in together in 2000, I believe. Art Monk and Jim Marshall are long overdue. Paul Tagliabue should have gotten in this year, and should next year. Richard Dent and Lester Hayes also are due and for god's sake, someone tell me why L.C. Greenwood isn't in yet.

Terrell Davis is eligible for the next induction... even though it's 99% likely that he won't be in on first ballot.

His only hope is the "Gale Sayers" argument. Although, IMO, Sayers is one of the 5 best backs in NFL history, TD isn't. (In no particular order, the other 4 are Smith, Sanders, Payton, and Brown).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I would love to see TD make his way to Canton, but I too fear his lack of longevity is going to hamper him for years. I agree with the points made about the Gayle Sayers argument, and agree that when I think of the absolute best running backs ever, he simply isn't on the list. The only way he realistically gets in is if the entry class in a given year is so weak, the entrants are composed entirely of selections from the veterans committee and people already passed over before.

Archived