Green sticker on helmets

seahawk9

Did anyone else notice the small green sticker on the back of both the Steelers and Saints quarterbacks helmets during the HOF game ? A small, square decal on the center stripes. What is that about ?????? Did not notice it on any other players or positions...............

No, I didnt notice that, I was too distracted by the awesome gfx update for NFL Network. Sure it seems like they have combined elements from ESPN, NBC, and FOX (the lower thirds looked like they were built right from the FOX lower thirds); but it is still a vast improvement in my eyes.

dolphins2.png

I noticed it, but it's round, not square, and IIRC neither Brees nor Big Ben had it on their helmets, just the backups. It surely has something to do with fitting those helmets with the electronics needed to hear the play call, but maybe I'm wrong. Here's a screenshot of Saints backup Jason Fife:

IMG_0195.jpg

On a more disturbing note, watching the Saints defense was like watching a "Worst Moments of Last Season" recap. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On a more disturbing note, watching the Saints defense was like watching a "Worst Moments of Last Season" recap. :cursing:

Ironic Post of the Month alert!

A perennial loser franchise has undeniably its best season in team history, making it to the NFC Final for the first time ever, and there's a "Worst Moments" recap? Crikey, that's a little harsh, eh? :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

A perennial loser franchise has undeniably its best season in team history, making it to the NFC Final for the first time ever, and there's a "Worst Moments" recap? Crikey, that's a little harsh, eh?

I know right, compared to the past, those moments could've made up some of the best moments in previous years. :lol: Only kidding.

But yeah, the electronics thing isn't far off. The simplist in me was thinking "Maybe they want to denote the backups?" but I knew that'd be wrong. :D

A perennial loser franchise has undeniably its best season in team history, making it to the NFC Final for the first time ever, and there's a "Worst Moments" recap? Crikey, that's a little harsh, eh? :P

During the broadcast it was stated the Saints gave up something like 16 pass plays of 40 yards or more last season, and there was more of the same last night. They succeeded last year because their offense was amazingly good, and they were fortunate to reach the "NFC Final" (you watch soccer, don't you?). That was my only point.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

According to Uni Watch, the green sticker means that player has radio communication with the coaches. It lets the referees know, because only one on-field player per team is allowed to have the radio.

So, if there happens to be 2 quarterbacks on the field (for whatever various formation), one of them needs to put on a helmet without radio communications into it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

GREEN DOT HELPS REF TRACK WHO HAS AUDIO

One of the new things we noticed during last night's Hall of Fame game was that each of the quarterbacks had affixed to the backs of their helmets a small green dot.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that the sticker is a new device being used to help officials confirm that only one player on offense is wearing a helmet with a radio receiver from the coaching staff.

So, if a team plans to put two quarterbacks on the field at the same time, one of them must change helmets before entering the game.

It's uncommon but not unheard of for two quarterbacks to be on the field at the same time. Last year, the Falcons ran a few plays with both Matt Schaub and Michael Vick on the field. In 1995, Kordell Stewart regularly entered the game as a receiver or as a running back.

During the offseason, there was some discussion about allowing one player on defense to have a radio in his helmet as well, but nothing to date has come of it. Also, there is a movement to place a receiver in the helmet of each offensive player, so that they can all hear the signals being called out by the quarterback.

buffalo_sig.png

Now what's to stop them from putting a radioed helmet out there without a green dot?

THE WRATH OF GOD. or just Roger Goodell's banhammer. Either way.

but it does look really stupid. is this seriously an issue? are people abusing the rule by having more people with headsets in the helmets on the field than just the quarterbacks? like, what could the advantage possibly be?

harperdc.gif

Now what's to stop them from putting a radioed helmet out there without a green dot?

THE WRATH OF GOD. or just Roger Goodell's banhammer. Either way.

but it does look really stupid. is this seriously an issue? are people abusing the rule by having more people with headsets in the helmets on the field than just the quarterbacks? like, what could the advantage possibly be?

Well, if you run the no-huddle offense, having 11 guys with radioed helmets would make the playcalling much much easier.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived