New NFL Network's scoreboard bug

TrueYankee26

I don't know. The NFL isn't on my cable system anymore because they are demanding a huge price increase for their network. I don't see why, it's just reruns of NFL Films highlights and cheerleader competitions. The only reason I want it is the games during the season.

Is it me or does it resemble ESPN's scoreboard bug? The only difference is, ESPN's scoreboard bug is on the bottom of the screen in the middle, and not on the top of the screen in the Middle like the NFLN's.

It doesn't have the quarter number on there either. I had no idea what quarter it was when I turned the game on and it was 20-7 Pittsburgh.

Is it me or does it resemble ESPN's scoreboard bug? The only difference is, ESPN's scoreboard bug is on the bottom of the screen in the middle, and not on the top of the screen in the Middle like the NFLN's.

It doesn't have the quarter number on there either. I had no idea what quarter it was when I turned the game on and it was 20-7 Pittsburgh.

You know those yellow bars in the middle of the scoreboard graphic? That indicates what quarter it's in.

Like in the 1st Quarter, 1 bar was yellow, but the other 3 were blank etc. And in the 4th Quarter, all 4 bars were yellow.

Fox did a similar thing last preseason.

they've got it like the original fox scoreboard last season in which they use lights to represent the quarter. (sorry, no pics.) i saw the game as i was leaving work tonight.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

I have the NFL Network and was able to watch the game, but don't have the ability to put up a screen capture. Its similar to ESPN's but they use the team logos instead of the team initials, as well as the light up dots in the center of the bug. They're easier to read and clearer than the FOX attempt to do so last year so I'll give them a pass on it for now. The bug is centered along the top of the screen and sort of hovers like the ESPN one. Not bad, but I'd rather see a scorebar like FOX along the top instead.

Fox has the robot still. It's kind of a fun stupid thing to have, a carryover of the silliness of the late 90's NFL on Fox where the graphics were all robotic and over the top. I kind of enjoy the stupid robot, myself.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I shot this for a pic of the green sticker seen on backup QBs' helmets last night but got the graphics too so here you go. As someone else noted, the "quarter bar" is right under the clock. The down and distance extend out from whichever team has possession.

IMG_0195.jpg

On another note, nice of the Saints' D to give a live recap of their worst moments from last season. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I shot this for a pic of the green sticker seen on backup QBs' helmets last night but got the graphics too so here you go. As someone else noted, the "quarter bar" is right under the clock. The down and distance extend out from whichever team has possession.

IMG_0195.jpg

On another note, nice of the Saints' D to give a live recap of their worst moments from last season. :cursing:

Those lights are much easier to see than Fox's were last year. I have a fairly small screen and it was hard to tell which lights were "lit" in Fox's bar.

Fox has the robot still. It's kind of a fun stupid thing to have, a carryover of the silliness of the late 90's NFL on Fox where the graphics were all robotic and over the top. I kind of enjoy the stupid robot, myself.

They're nothing compared to the awesomeness that was the NHL on FOX robots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljDf2him23I

msg-117798227822.jpg

The only network that does the score bug the way I prefer is Fox, with kudos to ESPN for changing their graphics for baseball. My plasma TV has big problems with graphics burning in, and when networks use those giant black boxes, I can't zoom past them, and they burn the :censored: out of my picture. I was catching ghosts of the NFL Draft for dozens of hockey games before it went away (and on the white ice it definitely showed up the worst). So now I zoom the picture and get rid of the bar at the top of the screen. If I need to check a score or the time remaining, it's a simple click of the button, then off it goes. But ESPN's killing me, especially with college hoops.

On a related note, I just realized last night that we're no longer getting the NFL Network as part of our digital cable package. Ah well, good riddance - for 8 games a year, it's money I don't need to spend. I'll hit a bar if I am that desperate to see a game I don't care about...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The only network that does the score bug the way I prefer is Fox, with kudos to ESPN for changing their graphics for baseball. My plasma TV has big problems with graphics burning in, and when networks use those giant black boxes, I can't zoom past them, and they burn the :censored: out of my picture. I was catching ghosts of the NFL Draft for dozens of hockey games before it went away (and on the white ice it definitely showed up the worst). So now I zoom the picture and get rid of the bar at the top of the screen. If I need to check a score or the time remaining, it's a simple click of the button, then off it goes. But ESPN's killing me, especially with college hoops.

On a related note, I just realized last night that we're no longer getting the NFL Network as part of our digital cable package. Ah well, good riddance - for 8 games a year, it's money I don't need to spend. I'll hit a bar if I am that desperate to see a game I don't care about...

So, they moved the NFL Network on your system too? They announced plans to do it on ours (Comcast) too but haven't followed through with it yet. You'd think they'd have the decency for people to do it before the regular season begins. I guess this is what to expect from people who will create a system where I can get 100 channels I don't want including 7 shopping channels and 13 religious channels, but can't get one devoted to the most popular sport in the country. Figures.

Love the new graphics for the NFL Network, particularly the lower thirds. I can only hope that NBC will upgrade their somewhat lame package after only a year. CBS has some relatively weak graphics too come to think of it, Fox's are just about right. Maybe everyone will debut some new ones this year too. They all do seem to be trying to cut down on burn in for everyone, which is nice.

Archived