Playin' Checkers...

Eye

Here are the Charlotte Checkers who are a minor league affiliate of the New York Rangers and play in the ECHL. Why did I choose the Checkers? Who the hell knows. I thought that they have some cool jerseys, and I just wanted to dabble in there and see what I could do. I didn't want to make these reek of the 90's-ness that occurred roughly 10 years ago when I was 9, but I wanted to stay true to the Checkers' roots. Also, I wanted to maintain a current look that looks could stand the test of time while not being too over the top or gimmicky. Well, I think I did. Basically the alternate swaps blue for black. Now black is an official Charlotte Checkers uniform color. I'm not just adding black for no reason (New York Mets, Kansas City Royals, New York Knicks I'm looking at you.)

Primary uniform:

ChaCheckprimaries.png

Alternate uniform:

ChaCheckalternate.png

That logo... what's wrong with that poor polar bear's head? Was he born in Chernobyl?

Also, how does Charlotte Checkers = Polar bear with a :censored: eating grin on his face?

Anyways, I've always hated that logo but you did a real good job on those jerseys. I dig the checkers and that's hard to incorporate nicely on a hockey jersey. As I always say... keep it simple.

Top notch champ.

thecatch.jpg

That logo... what's wrong with that poor polar bear's head? Was he born in Chernobyl?

Also, how does Charlotte Checkers = Polar bear with a :censored: eating grin on his face?

Anyways, I've always hated that logo but you did a real good job on those jerseys. I dig the checkers and that's hard to incorporate nicely on a hockey jersey. As I always say... keep it simple.

Top notch champ.

Hey, you got me there :D . I tried to make the Checkers work with the current logo they have. I wasn't in the mood to give 'em a completely new identity. Also, on the home and alternate, the logo has a white outline to differentiate it and so it doesn't blend in with the rest of the jersey.

It's a helmet. A polar bear (think wintry, cold, ice) wearing a hockey helmet.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"But it doesn't look like a bear to me. It looks like the bastard child of an albino gopher and a "Precious Moments" doll that ran afoul of The Joker from the Batman comics and got hit with that toxin that kills you and freezes your face into a twisted smile.

And I want to know what anything in the logo has to do with "Checkers" (except for the team's name being in the logo, of course). What does a bear have to do with Checkers? What does a gopher have to do with Checkers? What does the flag of Japan, which the gopher is standing in front of, have to do with Checkers? You could draw a caricature of Richard Nixon and it would have a closer relation to "Checkers" than anything in this logo. And Richard Nixon wasn't half as ugly as this thing."

www.bushleaguefactor.com

thecatch.jpg

Archived