Cincinnati Bengals and Carolina Panthers jersey color for each game this season

S316

According to the Bengals site, Cincinnati will wear WHITE at Miami for a 1 PM Sunday game. Meaning the Dolphins will wear aqua at home during the day. If it's true, the new Miami coach is making a huge break with tradition. I wonder if he is planning to make aqua the home color all year?

Miami has worn dark jerseys at home during December. It's not that uncommon.

I also thought it was always for night games though. Can you list the last time they wore aqua jerseys at home during the day?

The Dolphins haven't worn aqua jerseys for a home afternoon game in more than 35 years. The aquas (or alternate corals) have been worn at home only for prime time games or Saturday playoff games that start at 4 PM or later. (The only exception was Jimmy Johnson's first year with the Dolphins in 1996, when the team wore white for every home game, prime time or not.)

If the new Dolphins coach is indeed going to have the team wear dark jerseys at home for a day game, it's a serious break with tradition.

Here's the only other possible explanation: The Dolphins want to wear their alternate coral jerseys for a home game, and since they have no prime time home games scheduled this year, they chose the Cincinnati game.

The Dolphins haven't worn aqua jerseys for a home afternoon game in more than 35 years. The aquas (or alternate corals) have been worn at home only for prime time games or Saturday playoff games that start at 4 PM or later. (The only exception was Jimmy Johnson's first year with the Dolphins in 1996, when the team wore white for every home game, prime time or not.)

If the new Dolphins coach is indeed going to have the team wear dark jerseys at home for a day game, it's a serious break with tradition.

Here's the only other possible explanation: The Dolphins want to wear their alternate coral jerseys for a home game, and since they have no prime time home games scheduled this year, they chose the Cincinnati game.

Other exceptions to the white at home for regular-season days games (and there may be others from the early-to-mid '70s) -- the Dolphins wore aqua at home vs. Lions in 1973 and Falcons in 1974 (I have NFL season-recap highlight films from 1966-2005 on the Super Bowl DVD sets and have seen footage from the games I mentioned), and wore aqua for a 1976 4 p.m. regular-season game against the Rams (photo below). It's hard to see, but that's the background of the Orange Bowl stands and you might recognize the old Dolphins sleeve stripes.

1.jpeg

Other exceptions to the white at home for regular-season days games (and there may be others from the early-to-mid '70s) -- the Dolphins wore aqua at home vs. Lions in 1973 and Falcons in 1974 (I have NFL season-recap highlight films from 1966-2005 on the Super Bowl DVD sets and have seen footage from the games I mentioned), and wore aqua for a 1976 4 p.m. regular-season game against the Rams (photo below). It's hard to see, but that's the background of the Orange Bowl stands and you might recognize the old Dolphins sleeve stripes.

1.jpeg

I have the actual broadcast from cbs of that dolphins/rams game from 76' I will dig it out and take some screen caps of it later tonight.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

Wow, good info on the Dolphins history, gentlemen.

I like, whether i'm a fan of the alternates or not, that they are wearing the uniforms the maximum amount. If ya got em, wear em.

I hate all the restrictions though. The NFL is silly.

I love how one of those guys on the Panthers forum corrects another guy - he says it's "electric blue, not turquoise". They're BOTH wrong - it's "Panther Blue".

:P

I like calling it "Ericcson cellphone blue" myself...but that's just me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It says that the Panthers will wear blue 3 times this year (yay!) but I thought the rule was that teams can only wear an alternate jersey two times a season?

correct - during the regular season. the panthers are wearing blue jerseys once during preseason (Aug.17 vs. Philly).

alright! then why are the bengals wearing orange three times?

According to the Bengals site, Cincinnati will wear WHITE at Miami for a 1 PM Sunday game. Meaning the Dolphins will wear aqua at home during the day. If it's true, the new Miami coach is making a huge break with tradition. I wonder if he is planning to make aqua the home color all year?
Miami has worn dark jerseys at home during December. It's not that uncommon.

I would think that both team's road jerseys would be subject to change. Do the other 30 teams have to have their jerseys picked out for all of their games before the season?? I thought it was a week to week thing with most teams, with the obvious exception being alternates/throwbacks.

It says that the Panthers will wear blue 3 times this year (yay!) but I thought the rule was that teams can only wear an alternate jersey two times a season?

correct - during the regular season. the panthers are wearing blue jerseys once during preseason (Aug.17 vs. Philly).

we've worn an alt in the preseason for the last 3 years i think.

"panther blue" is correct

and i thought Tampa called it "Daddy Blue" :D

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

we've worn an alt in the preseason for the last 3 years i think.

"panther blue" is correct

and i thought Tampa called it "Daddy Blue" :D

Nice :D

Archived