Pittsburgh Penguins Concept

Clark

While browsing CCSLC yesterday I came across the Zephyr Penguins logo. I thought that this would be a really nice base for a Pens concept, and here it is, my first NHL concept...

pens_concept_logo.png

pens_concept.png

For the branding I took elements from both the Zephyr logo and the current Pens logo, on the shoulders I have added the old streamlined penguin from the 90's in the current colors.

For the jersey, I didn't want to change too much as I feel that the current Pens jersey is one of the best in the NHL. I feel that I have been able to keep the current look and feel of the jersey whilst adding some nice modernizations.

C&C's please

Clark

prospects.png

vets.png

Logo = great modernization...it still loses its classic feel though

Uniform = not so good. Reminds me of flames. Trying to emulate the current look is near impossible to do unless you copy it. Perhaps that logo deserves a new jersey design of its own?

oBIgzrL.png

Why aren't the pics showing for me? :mad:

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Pretty nice... good work. I like the subtle change in the jersey. The logo is a bit different, but I could see myself getting used to it. What would these jerseys would look like with the classic Pittsburgh colours? (black & yellow)

thecatch.jpg

That's pretty sweet. But I think the logo would need a little tweak if it truly fits in with the striping.

BTW, what template is that? I've been searching for a new edge template with that collar, I only have the other (Nashville) style.

Wade-sig.png

If we wanted a roided out looking Penguin for our logo, we'd adopt the WBS Penguins logo, not the fugly Zephyr logo that's been around for years. It's ugly, the beak looks demented...it's a bad logo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

If we wanted a roided out looking Penguin for our logo, we'd adopt the WBS Penguins logo, not the fugly Zephyr logo that's been around for years. It's ugly, the beak looks demented...it's a bad logo.

"We"? "our"? C'mon dude unless you can show me your trading card, your coming off as a douche-bag :D Especially considering you're not even from Pittsburgh...

As for the concept I'll agree that the logo is a little off, although it's not bad. With some tweaks it is very possible you could come out of it with an upgrade over the current logo. It is nice to see concepts that change more than just a uniform pattern.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

"We"? "our"? C'mon dude unless you can show me your trading card, your coming off as a douche-bag :D Especially considering you're not even from Pittsburgh...

As for the concept I'll agree that the logo is a little off, although it's not bad. With some tweaks it is very possible you could come out of it with an upgrade over the current logo. It is nice to see concepts that change more than just a uniform pattern.

I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins (20yrs+ and going strong)...i forgot there was a rule about only liking teams in your own country/province/city of residence...my bad.

I say we and our as in the fanbase, as a fan, i guess i am in that fan base...oh again, i forgot that people just don't use references like that when they speak about teams they are a fan of or like. The WBS logo and the Zephyr logo are nice on a hat or whatever, but that as our main logo? Never.

The original poster didn't design the logo, so i'm not putting him down, the jerseys are interesting, a little too much vegas gold but it's nice nonetheless, but the logo, no, it's not a logo i'd ever want to see on a jersey.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins (20yrs+ and going strong)...i forgot there was a rule about only liking teams in your own country/province/city of residence...my bad.

I say we and our as in the fanbase, as a fan, i guess i am in that fan base...oh again, i forgot that people just don't use references like that when they speak about teams they are a fan of or like. The WBS logo and the Zephyr logo are nice on a hat or whatever, but that as our main logo? Never.

The original poster didn't design the logo, so i'm not putting him down, the jerseys are interesting, a little too much vegas gold but it's nice nonetheless, but the logo, no, it's not a logo i'd ever want to see on a jersey.

My bad i prolly should have used d-bag, didn't mean to come off as mean spirited. :D I guess the "We" and "Our" has always been a pet peeve of mine

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived