Best, Surprising, Worst and Dissapointing

Gary

We are only 2 months left until the end of the Major League Baseball season and right now I want to give you my opinions who the Best, the surprising, the worst and the most dissapointing teams in the majors at the moment

Best: Boston Redsox, Right now while others are struggling Boston is kicking in the doors and running away with the Best Record in the Major Leagues. Don't be surprised to see them in the World Series.

Surprising: Arizona Diamondbacks, They are young and no one really gave them a chance, now they are 2 games up in the NL West and could be a big contender in how the playoffs shake up.

Dissapointing: St. Louis Cardinals, what can I say last year they won the World Series, right now third place in the National League Central. Everyone was saying they could repeat, now they'll just be watching from the stands.

Worst: Pittsburgh Pirates, we have this conversation every year do we not? Blame it on the ownership, blame it on the manager, blame it on the players. Either way it's the fans in Pittsburgh that gets hosed.

Best: AL-Redsox/NL-Mets(that hurts to say)

Worst: AL-Royals/NL-Pirates

Surprising: AL-Seattle/NL-Diamondbacks

Dissapointing: AL-Whitesox/NL-Cardinals

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Best-(AL) Bo$ton, (NL) New York

Worst (AL) Kansas City, (NL) Pittsburgh

Surprising (AL) Seattle, (NL) Atlanta

Dissapointing (AL) Chicago/Toronto, (NL) Cincinnati

St. Louis isn't having a dissapointing season, because I didn't expect them to make the playoffs this season. Anyone who had them repeating clearly didn't notice their offseason downgrades, especially at pitching, and is guilty of having an insanely Pollyannish outlook on this team. *looks at certain other members of Redbird Nation who post here*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

St. Louis isn't having a dissapointing season, because I didn't expect them to make the playoffs this season. Anyone who had them repeating clearly didn't notice their offseason downgrades, especially at pitching, and is guilty of having an insanely Pollyannish outlook on this team. *looks at certain other members of Redbird Nation who post here*

Or how lucky they were to win it all last year.

They were better last year, but they won the worst division in baseball and got hot in the playoffs. Welcome to Wild Card Baseball. Catch the Fever!

Best

AL: Red Sox (though I seriously think they're going to get knocked off in the playoffs by someone...just because that's their luck.)

NL: Braves (They just whomped the Mets tonight, and they do so on a regular basis. They'll get bounced out in the playoffs too...just because that's their luck also.)

Worst:

AL: Kansas City (duh.)

NL: Pittsburgh (Even though that was a :censored: ty walkout, damn man, what happened to the Pirates?!)

Surprising

AL: Seattle (Mike Hargrove sparked their winning?!)

NL: Diamondbacks (This team came out of NOWHERE.)

Dissapointing

AL: White Sox (They are BAD. No way a team that was two years removed from being the World Champions, with the same team intact can be THIS bad.)

NL: Cardinals (See explanation for White Sox, except change "two years" to "one year" and "same" with "different." Even if the team got a little bit dismantled...still kinda disappointing.)

Best: Red Sox (though the Angels could also make a case for themselves)

Worst: As bad as the Pirates are, the D-Rays are even worse.

Surprising: I'm surprised that the Brewers have been this good. I also don't know how the D'Backs are as good as they are.

Disappointing: Other than the Dodgers recently, I would have to say the Twins are a pretty big disappointment. Especially since the pitchers haven't been as lights out as they have been in recent years.

espnsig.gif

Surprising

AL: Seattle (Mike Hargrove sparked their winning?!)

NL: Diamondbacks (This team came out of NOWHERE.)

Nope, the surprising thing about Hargrove retiring was that the Mariners were playing very good baseball when he did it. I think they were either on, or had just come off of, an 8 or 9 game winning streak. I know they had swept the Red Sox not long before he retired.

IUe6Hvh.png

But I think Hargrove informed most in the know that he was resigning before he came out and made it public. I can remember someone saying as soon as he decided he was done, the Mariners started going on a tear.

But I think Hargrove informed most in the know that he was resigning before he came out and made it public. I can remember someone saying as soon as he decided he was done, the Mariners started going on a tear.

Ahh, okay. I did not know that. My apologies if that was the case.

And BaseballKing99... you know the Yankees eventually have to play a team with a winning record, right?

IUe6Hvh.png

Best:

AL - Red Sox

NL - Mets

Worst:

NL- Your Pittsburgh Pirates!

AL- Kansas City

Surprising:

AL- Mariners

NL- Cubs (early season struggle turned into late season domination)

Dissapointing:

AL- White Sox

NL- Cardinals

oBIgzrL.png

...and now LaRussa has resorted back to batting the pitcher 8th again.

What the hell is he drinking?

That's actually not the worst idea ever. I'm not sure what the Cardinals lineup looks like at this point but I can see instances in which that would be a good idea.

IUe6Hvh.png

That's actually not the worst idea ever. I'm not sure what the Cardinals lineup looks like at this point but I can see instances in which that would be a good idea.

Tonight's starting pitcher has a season batting average of .048, and the Cardinals got shutout.

Brilliant move. Chug-a-lug!

Archived