Houston Colt .45's concept variations

spyboy1

Here's three variations of a t-shirt design I've made. Up to this point, 100% of my designs have had some variation of "World Champions" or "American League Champions" on the bottom. This is the first time I've done a design for a team that didn't win at least a pennant title.

I've put three different "sub-headers" up for you to look at and let me know which one you like best, but I'm also open to other ideas, such as the name of the ballpark they played in for example.

Picture5.png

JeffB

Third one, with two changes--

Arch the top line to match the arch of the bottom.

add a smaller "Est. 1962" underneath top arch (no curvature).

Then, you can eBay those shirts with pride! :D

Third one, with two changes--

Arch the top line to match the arch of the bottom.

add a smaller "Est. 1962" underneath top arch (no curvature).

Then, you can eBay those shirts with pride! :D

The "Est. 1962" will most likely go on the back of the shirt under a team photo. I'll probably go with the type straight across the bottom. I was just cranking out versions in a hurry and wasn't a fan of the top wave combined with the lower curved type much myself.

Thanks for the input guys.

Is that just MLB Tuscan font or another font that looks like it? Cuz it kinda looks better.

That's narrower than MLB Tuscan.

That's what I thought. I wonder which font this is. I love it. Though, the "B" is the Red Sox's "B" on their hats. (I know that doesn't make it MLB Tuscan.)

Is that just MLB Tuscan font or another font that looks like it? Cuz it kinda looks better.

That's narrower than MLB Tuscan.

That's what I thought. I wonder which font this is. I love it. Though, the "B" is the Red Sox's "B" on their hats. (I know that doesn't make it MLB Tuscan.)

The actual font I used is called "RedSoxNation". It's my favorite faux-Red Sox font in my collection, which includes "Ye Old Sox", "Old Baseball", "Boston Baseball" and even "Bosox Regular", which is my second favorite.

You can download it here Red Sox Nation Font.

BTW, I ended up goint with "National League" straight across the bottom of the front and "Established 1962" on the back.

Archived