Bonds' 756 Logo

LogoHound

I personally believe in time, people will come to peace with the fact that there truly was a steroid era in baseball and accept it for what it is. Bonds WILL BE a first ballot hall of famer.

... But apparently he is not a first-ballot hall of fame logo designer.

(And forgive me if I have a hard time summoning my inner violins to cry up a river for poor li'l Barry becoming a "poster boy" for steroid use. If he wanted to avoid being held up as a poster boy for doping, he could have, you know, not doped up. So boo-freakin-hoo if Berry is getting picked on for doping. That many others did it too means they deserve more public scorn, not that Barry deserves less. Still, the historic milestone certainly deserves a better logo design.)

On the Willie Mays logo, I think he's just hit a gapper to right that's gonna rattle around in the corner, and he's thinking of stretching it to a triple. He looks like a batter who's just hit a sharp line drive the opposite way, and he's about to start running, not like a batter who's just blasted an obvious home-run shot who's getting ready to jog the bases. Would have been a great template for a Bonds logo, though I'm partial to the road signs the team has been using.

I know I'm perpetuating a conversation that belongs in another forum...buuuuut...

The best quote I've heard in the last day or two about Barry being the poster boy for steriods and whether or not it is fair comes from Bob Costas on ESPN Radio. I can't quote it word for word but he made the comment that its obvious that Bonds used some kind of drugs to enhance his performance. Even if there are many many players out there who used or are currently using the drugs, Bonds is the biggest name in the game, chasing the biggest record. Of course he's going to get the brunt of the scrutiny and scorn. Its like if our president does something like break the law or is involved in some kind of scandal. He will be much more heavily scrutinized and scorned than if a congressman did the very same thing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The more I see it, the more I doubt it was commissioned by the team.

Really? You mean the fact that the Giants logo is on there and that logo is on the background of their website and the fact they are selling merchandise with that logo is just a mere coincidence?

I saw, I came, I left.

Go away.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? lol

What truth? It's not really proven, although I do remember Barry said he used some cream at one point in his life but he didn't know what it was. Steroids doesn't help your hand-eye coordination to hit a damn ball. Seriously, when will people learn? <_<

bSLCtu2.png

Go away.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? lol

What truth? It's not really proven, although I do remember Barry said he used some cream at one point in his life but he didn't know what it was. Steroids doesn't help your hand-eye coordination to hit a damn ball. Seriously, when will people learn? <_<

No one is claiming that the steroids helped Bonds' hand-eye coordination. We realize that he has elite talent in that category. He was always known as a 5-tool player, so his hand-eye coordination has always been greatly acknowledged. Steroids contribute to increased muscle mass and longevity. Bonds all of a sudden changed from a 5-tool player to a powerful slugger, which is from the increased muscle mass, while he continues to get stronger even aging in the late 30s and early 40s, and that would be longevity.

There are existing steroids called "the cream" and "the clear", and are undetectable in the laboratory. Barry Bonds claims to have unknowingly used a substance that looked like cream, another was a clear material, and no tests could detect either. Put one and one together, it doesn't take a genius to find the answer.

Wade-sig.png

Actually, that's not true. Steriods do improve reaction time, which assists hand-eye coordination. Not to mention that a juiced player will hit those balls farther, meaning routine fly-outs go over the fence.

The notion that steriods don't help a player hit home runs is absurd on its face.

Back to the logo...

The more I see it, the more I doubt it was commissioned by the team.

Really? You mean the fact that the Giants logo is on there and that logo is on the background of their website and the fact they are selling merchandise with that logo is just a mere coincidence?

I didn't mean to imply that the logo wasn't authorized by, and adopted by, the Giants. My question was to who commissioned it, who worked with the designer and signed off on the final result.

It doesn't fit with the overall design aesthetic of the Giants, which has been almost uniformly outstanding for years. Based on the very poor design, I suspect it's something that Barry or his representatives had done by their own designer, and that the Giants were happy to use after the fact.

Based on the very poor design, I suspect it's something that Barry or his representatives had done by their own designer, and that the Giants were happy to use after the fact.

Well, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they were happy to use it. "Willing" maybe, but who could be happy to have that logo forced on them? Then again, the team knew years ago that when you sign Barry Bonds, this is the kind of crap you sign up to have thrown in your face on a regular basis. At least the Giants front office can take comfort in all the World Series championships they've won with Barry when they get tired of looking at his little clip-art logo. Oh, wait ...

20082614447.png

LOL!

Well, there's a reason they're getting rid of him after this year....

Yeah, and the championship thing is a pretty cheap dig on my part. Could just as well have said that when they get tired of looking at the logo, they can go count all the money Bonds has brought in from gate receipts and merch sales. In terms of player impact, at $15 mil plus on the year, Bonds might be the worst-value contract in baseball history. But in terms of the team's financial bottom line, it's probably a great bargain. And who knows, maybe the profits Bonds helps the team earn now will help the team afford to do what it will take to win pennants when Barry is gone ...

20082614447.png

Actually, that's not true. Steriods do improve reaction time, which assists hand-eye coordination. Not to mention that a juiced player will hit those balls farther, meaning routine fly-outs go over the fence.

The notion that steriods don't help a player hit home runs is absurd on its face.

I know we want to move on from this.....buuuuut

...GH also dramatically improves one's vision.

If really good VISION doesn't help one hit a baseball then hand me a blindfold and a Lousville slugger and I'll see you in Cooperstown.

Back to the logo....

So this logo is indeed real huh? What a shame because I could have thrown together a much better logo in MSpaint of all places and charged Barry a whole lot less than he probably was charged....thats if his people did indeed commission the logo.

this is not to say that i endorse this logo in ANY way, but the one on the bonds site with just the banner is better than the one in the first post...still not good, but the simplification helps it tremendously...a few tweaks to that logo like gradient removal, consistency of ribbon color and clarification of the HRS and this could actually be OK instead of horrible

jldesigns404eo.png

LOL!

Well, there's a reason they're getting rid of him after this year....

In terms of player impact, at $15 mil plus on the year, Bonds might be the worst-value contract in baseball history. But in terms of the team's financial bottom line, it's probably a great bargain.

Throw Clemens in there and you might have a challenger to the worst-value contract title.

Even funnier is the fact that the Yankees will probably be one of the top three teams to get Bonds next year. That would give them two way over-priced and over-hyped old lemons.

this is not to say that i endorse this logo in ANY way, but the one on the bonds site with just the banner is better than the one in the first post...still not good, but the simplification helps it tremendously...a few tweaks to that logo like gradient removal, consistency of ribbon color and clarification of the HRS and this could actually be OK instead of horrible

In other words: completely re-design it, and it could be passable. :P

I'm sorry, but that logo isn't worthy of the greatest slugger in history.

True, but it's not Hank Aaron's logo.

truth

I'm amazed Bonds still has supporters and that there are people that believe he didn't take roids.

those people are called giants fans

ATL

Archived