Ankiel's Back!

pcgd

*Gets on soap box*

I'm really getting tired of the whole steroid witchhunt. If a player TESTS POSITIVE after rules banning the substances were enacted, fine, head to his house with torches and pitchforks. But, if all the sudden word leaks that substances were allegedly shipped to said player's house before they were even banned by the league, then quite frankly, I DON'T CARE! Barry Bonds may be a jackass, but until he tests positive, you can keep your asterisk. In the eyes of the feds, if they want to pursue an investigation for legal reasons, fine, but when a player uses a substance at a time that it wasn't banned, I don't see what the big backlash is all about.

Co-signing for truth. And also, how conveinent that this story pops up just as Ankiel proves to be a success in his return to the bigs? It's amazing how the media has the power to turn any feel-good story into :censored:.

Well, Ankiel has a history of being an :censored:. So I can't say something like that would disappoint me.

Although I didn't get to meet him myself, I was told he was a great guy while he was here 2 years ago, beginning his transition from pitcher to outfielder. He's definately not anywhere close to Barry Bonds status.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived