I can't believe it!

Viper

He just came on in the 71st minute tonight at DC United. Unfortunately for him and his side, they are already a goal down, and a man down too after a red card.

There's also a great banner posted by some of the Black & Red fans, obviously aimed at Becks:

"WE SING BETTER THAN YOUR WIFE"

:lol:

CCSLC signature.png

LA would have won that game despite being a man down if had he had someone with some sort of sense receiving those passes. Seriously, Landycakes is a dork with a receding hairline.

I'm passing around the hat as we speak to get the cash to get van Nistelrooij(-y) from Real Madrid over there. Give from your heart, folks.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Can someone please explain to me why, whenever there's a lot of mainsteam hype about and MLS player that their team drags their feet about getting him some minutes? I can't help but notice that Becks' lack of PT is very similar to Feddy Adu's when he first joined DCU.

I'm still relatively new to the game of soccer (the outdoor variety, at least), so is there kind of ethics involved in why this happens? You would think that a league like MLS that needs all the mainstream attention it gets would want to get these guys out on the pitch as much as possible.

Can someone please explain to me why, whenever there's a lot of mainsteam hype about and MLS player that their team drags their feet about getting him some minutes? I can't help but notice that Becks' lack of PT is very similar to Feddy Adu's when he first joined DCU.

I'm still relatively new to the game of soccer (the outdoor variety, at least), so is there kind of ethics involved in why this happens? You would think that a league like MLS that needs all the mainstream attention it gets would want to get these guys out on the pitch as much as possible.

Freddy Adu was 14 when he joined MLS. I don't care how good any 14 year old is, he cannot physically compete with 20-30 year old professionals. David Beckham has an injured ankle, that is why he hasn't played.

1zqy8ok.gif

People don't know, he was injured back in Real Madrid, he barely played in their final game. I heard he basically played the 2006-07 La Liga hurt. So he's got a legit excuse for not playing so far, he might be burnt out.

Beckham is just coming off an injury. Freddy Adu, while good at creating some nice highlights here and there, was inconsistent most of the time which is why Nowak had him on the bench.

Freddy Adu was 14 when he joined MLS. I don't care how good any 14 year old is, he cannot physically compete with 20-30 year old professionals. David Beckham is a brittle old poof more interested in posing for the paps than getting on the pitch, that is why he hasn't played.

Fixed, kind sir.

Freddy Adu was 14 when he joined MLS. I don't care how good any 14 year old is, he cannot physically compete with 20-30 year old professionals. David Beckham is a brittle old poof more interested in posing for the paps than getting on the pitch, that is why he hasn't played.

Fixed, kind sir.

You're just bitter because Leeds will restart the West Yorkshire Derby with Bradford City next season in League Two. :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Fixed, kind sir.

You're just bitter because Leeds will restart the West Yorkshire Derby with Bradford City next season in League Two. :P

English, pls.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Fixed, kind sir.

English, pls.

No need, he's talking bollocks :)

No need, he's talking bollocks :)

Yes, Mr. -12 in the table. ;)

I figured I'd drag this topic up to say that Mr. Beckham just scorched a free kick past Troy Perkins in the SuperLiga semifinal against DC United to give them a 1-0 lead.

You can watch the game (in English) for free at: www.superliga2007.com

I figured I'd drag this topic up to say that Mr. Beckham just scorched a free kick past Troy Perkins in the SuperLiga semifinal against DC United to give them a 1-0 lead.

You can watch the game (in English) for free at: www.superliga2007.com

I want to know what the goalie was doing there?

untitled-6.jpg

8 Minutes, 2 assists.

We have a classic on our hands.

8 Minutes, 2 assists.

We have a classic on our hands.

I'm quoting myself to say that this match was absolutely breathtaking. I don't think in the end that anyone cared that both sides' defences forgot to show up. New York ended up winning 5-4 for the record.

I highly suggest poking around online in the next few days looking for a recording of the match. It'll be worth your time.

Archived