Chicago Blackhawks Concept

worcat

3.gif

2.gif

1.gif

I'm still not 100% finished with the concept. I still need to detail the feathers, I may change them completely from the traditional look. I'm working on a new shoulder logo also, but I just wanted to get this out there for any tips or comments.

I was planning on doing away with the stripes all together on the bottoms but I figured it would look too plain until I can get the shoulder logo and rest of the concept complete. So until then, here's what I have.

I don't like the logo. It's just the current Blackhawk with an angry face and no detailing. You need more detailing on the face and feathers. The hair would even look better with more detail, that would then put this at the current logo, so you should just use that. I don't like the striping on the home jersey either. The black doesn't look good right against the red, the current jersey does a good job of placing the black stripes on the white ones so it's easier to see. And if it's not finished, don't post it. It looks incomplete, remember that we'll always be here tommorrow, so take your time before you post.

Meh.

The current logo has a certain dignity in the face, a sort of regal bearing. Yours is a cartoonish derivation of the current logo, lacking in that dignity and sense of majesty. The whole thing comes off as flat and lacking in both detail and the subtle nuances that the current logo has, as others have suggested. While we're at it, where is the best secondary logo in the NHL - the "C" with the crossed tomahawks that belongs on the shoulders?

This is the current sweater, stripped down, oversimplified, and bastardized. Downgrade all around.

Hate to pile on, but I agree with the consensus.

I'm not one of the "OMG BLACKHAWKS GREATEST LOGO EVER!!!11" types, but this is a major downgrade, comparatively. It is a change for the sake of change, and it being so close, yet inferior, to the current just really does not make it look good overall.

Likewise, the jersey falls past simple and clean to boring.

Archived