Buffalo Sabres Concept.

josh_cat_eyes

As many of you know I have been pretty open about me hating the sabres. I have made a concept that would most likely help me not to hate them as much (now that durry and brierre are gone). Anyway I also have a sabres logo in the works but that is another concept for another day. If it goes well I may even redo this concept and add it in. Anyway here it is:

Home:

sabresnew.png

Road:

sabresnew2.png

C&C please.

OH and this is my 600th post!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

that B shouldn't be a primary logo IMO, maybe on the switch the logos on it

I have to disagree with this one.

The "B/sword" logo makes the perfect crest IMO, and my Sabres concepts have revolved around using a similar logo in a similar fashion. Accepting that the team's nickname is the Sabres, and not the Buffalo Buffalo, the crest should represent the object the team was named for. Failing that, a fallback position would make use of the home city's initial, as teams like the Bruins and Flyers have done for decades. The B/sword logo serves both purposes, and does so quite well. For a Buffalo team to use buffalo imagery is a tired copout that lacks originality. While I've yet to see definitive proof one way or the other, most legends on how the city got its name do NOT involve the animal depicted on so many graphics, yet there it is. All the time. We get it; either through mistranslation, false cognates or misunderstanding, your city shares a name with an animal. Move on. This logo does exactly that.

My only objection to the concept is the thickness of the side panels. It's passable on the blue sweater, but it really creates a kind of "bib effect" to have so much color on the white sweater. Cutting off a few inches on either side of the side panels would take the focus off of the underarms of the sweater and focus it where it belongs - on the crest on the front.

That aside, while they're not the best uniforms in Sabres history (that would be the current alternate/original sweater... hands down), these are a major upgrade over anything they've worn in the past decade.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

While it might technically be a better representative of the team than some of their primaries, as a primary logo, it really doesn't pass the mark. The P for Philadelphia is a lot thicker, a lot more full, the Boston B is surrounded in a circle(which if this logo wasn't as lopsided, could work). Instead, you've got a weak, lopsided B with the overly detailed sword going through it, that has way too much grey for a color scheme that otherwise rejects the color.

Likewise, the two logos picked here really do not go together, as the B is way too futuristic for the buffalo logo, the abundance of grey on the primary that isn't found anywhere else on the uniform, I don't like the striping but the shades of blue and yellow definitely work here, and as mean as I might sound, I don't think this is that far off from being good.

I think a B with a sabre could be a great primary mark, but I don't think THIS B with a Sabre is.

I dont understand why hardly anyone likes the "B" logo. Would they rather the goat or the slug; like just cause the city is called Buffalo people seem to think they need to have a buffalo in the logo. The "B" logo is IMO the best logo the team has ever had. I never really liked that old crossed swords as much as the "B" but I would much rather it then the goat or the slug which is why I made it the shoulder patch. Also in case anyone didn't notice already the bottom of the jersey is themed from the red black and white era. Here is an update aswell. I just decreased the width of the jersey as recomended by VitaminD.

Home

Concept-BuffaloSabresHomeJersey.png

Road

Concept-BuffaloSabresRoadJersey.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived