The NFL Prediction Thread

GFB

Alright folks, here is your thread to put your money where your mouth is. You have a prediction about the NFL season, put it down here, then after the season you can come back to brag and boast, or crawl back under your rock...

Here are mine:

Super Bowl XLII:

Patriots 27 - Rams 17

Best Record:

St. Louis Rams

Worst Record:

Cleveland Browns (yes, that means the Cowboys are picking #1)

NFL MVP:

Carson Palmer

Off. Rookie of the Year:

Calvin Johnson

Def. Rookie of the Year:

Paul Posluszny

Suprise Rookie:

Zac DeOssie

Random Predictions:

- Donovan McNabb will play all 16 games for the Eagles

- Dante Stallworth will have a better year (stats wise) than Randy Moss

- The Denver Broncos will win the AFC West

- The Dallas Cowboys will miss the playoffs

- Ladanian Tomlinson will not lead the NFL in rushing

- Matt Lienart will throw more interceptions than touchdowns

Now let's see yours...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for this, but should we wait until after the preseason? Tradition holds that at least one impact player goes down for the season, and that's important in making predictions.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm all for this, but should we wait until after the preseason? Tradition holds that at least one impact player goes down for the season, and that's important in making predictions.

True, but I would compare it to watching the first two drives of a football game before giving your prediction. Injuries are a part of the game, and preseason games are no different. So if you want to wait, then go ahead. I'm just calling my shots now.

Trying to stay as homer-less as possible with these.

Super Bowl XLII:

Ravens 24 - Saints 10

Best Record:

New England Patriots

Worst Record:

Oakland Raiders (again)

NFL MVP:

Drew Brees

Offensive POY:

Steven Jackson

Defensive POY:

Shawne Merriman

Off. Rookie of the Year:

Calvin Johnson

Def. Rookie of the Year:

Lawrence Timmons

Suprise Rookies:

Brandon Jackson, Michael Bush

Random Predictions:

- Jay Cutler, Alex Smith, and Jason Campbell will have breakout years.

- Brandon Jacobs will run for 1,000 yards this season.

- Brandon Lloyd will recover from a disastrous first season with the Redskins.

- Byron Leftwich will not start all 16 games this season.

- Vince Young go through a sophomore slump. He won't be terrible or even close to it, but he won't be as good as he was last year either. However, it will not be as a result of the Madden Curse, he'll play every game although nagging injuries will limit his effectiveness.

- Jon Gruden and Dick Jauron will be shown the door at the end of the season.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Alright folks, here is your thread to put your money where your mouth is. You have a prediction about the NFL season, put it down here, then after the season you can come back to brag and boast, or crawl back under your rock...

Here are mine:

Super Bowl XLII:

Patriots 27 - Rams 17

Best Record:

St. Louis Rams

Worst Record:

Cleveland Browns (yes, that means the Cowboys are picking #1)

NFL MVP:

Carson Palmer

Off. Rookie of the Year:

Calvin Johnson

Def. Rookie of the Year:

Paul Posluszny

Suprise Rookie:

Zac DeOssie

Random Predictions:

- Donovan McNabb will play all 16 games for the Eagles

- Dante Stallworth will have a better year (stats wise) than Randy Moss

- The Denver Broncos will win the AFC West

- The Dallas Cowboys will miss the playoffs

- Ladanian Tomlinson will not lead the NFL in rushing

- Matt Lienart will throw more interceptions than touchdowns

Now let's see yours...

Ummm....wow. Glad to see someone believes. Although, I'd hope that the Rams would not lose in their attempt to get "Revenge"

My predictions will come eventually. Maybe after I determine if your faith in the Rams would be justified.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

AFC Sleeper-Miami Dolphins-Ya, ya, ya, call me a homer I don?t care. I think they?re going to be much better anyway, but they?re bolstered by the fact that they play a weak schedule, watch out for my Phins.

NFC Sleeper-Arizona Cardinals-Keep in mind this team doesn?t have to make the playoffs, they just need to be better than the previous. I don?t think the Cards will make the playoffs, but they will be better, and catch some people by surprise.

AFC Dud-Tennessee Titans-No real basis here, other that that I think this team is extremely over-rated.

NFC Dud-Philadelphia Eagles-I think that they will be bad because of something Bill Simmons calls ?The Ewing Theory?, that basically means that when a team loses its star player that has traditionally underachieved, they play better. The Eagles underachiever, McNabb is back from injury, and I think this team will suffer.

AFC Sucker-Cleveland Browns-I think this team will start to show sign of improvement next year, but this year will be more of the suckage.

NFC Sucker-Green Bay Packers-Favre is old and distracted, I think that will be a recipe for disaster.

AFC East Champ-New England Patriots-If you don?t pick the Pats you?re crazy. Personally, I hate them but their just too good not to pick them.

AFC North Champ-Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh has a new coach, Cleveland sucks, and I think Baltimore will have a down year, by process of elimination that leaves Cinncy.

AFC South Champ- Indianapolis Colts-How can you not pick the defending Champs, they return pretty much everyone from the team that won it all. This team will run away with the division.

AFC West Champ- San Diego Chargers-I think will have a down season after last year. But a down season is still enough for 11 wins and the division title. Too much talent on this team.

AFC Wild Cards-Miami Dolphins-Again I?m a homer, but I still think this team is good enough to get a wild card spot.

Denver Broncos-The team just missed out on a playoff spot last season, and their QB has more experience now, I think they?ll get s spot.

NFC East Champ-Dallas Cowboys-Again, process of elimination. I think Washington, and the Giants, will suck, and I already picked the Eagles to struggle.

NFC North Champ-Chicago Bears-This is a pretty crappy division, and the Bears are the only good team in it. They will run away with it again.

NFC South Champ- New Orleans Saints-I really like the Saints this year, but we?ll get back to that later.

NFC West Champ- St. Louis Rams-I think the Seahawks are gonna slip this year, and that?s gonna allow the Rams to sneak up and win the division.

NFC Wild Cards-Seattle Seahawks-The team still won the division last year without its two best players for a portion of the season, I don?t think they?ll take it down, but they?ll sneak there way into a Wild Card bid.

Carolina Panthers-This team had an off-season last year, but I think there headed back to the playoffs.

AFC Champ-Indianapolis Colts-I think we?ll see a repeat AFC Champ, as I think the Cold are headed to Arizona. I was tempted to be a massive homer, but even I couldn?t pick my team to go this far.

NFC Champ-New Orleans Saints-I said we?ll get back to the Saints later, well here they are. I think that this team has the talent to advance to the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl XLII Champ-New Orleans Saints-That?s right! Just one season after returning to the city I think the Saints will deliver the city?s first championship defeating the Colts 27-14 in Super Bowl XLII. Mark it down!

Super Bowl XLII:

Chargers 45, Eagles 31

Best Record:

Pittsburgh Steelers

Worst Record:

Minnesota Vikings

NFL MVP:

Donovan McNabb, PHI

Off. Rookie of the Year:

Calvin Johnson, DET

Def. Rookie of the Year:

Eric Wright, CLE

Suprise Rookie:

Robert Meachem, NO; Greg Olsen, CHI

Random Predictions:

-Bucs will fight for a playoff spot. ***EDITED, SINCE I MESSED UP ON MY EARLIER PREDICTIONS.***

-JaMarcus Russell will have more TD's than INT's

-The Colts defense will be even worse, and yet Indy will still go 12-4.

-Either Donte Stallworth or Randy Moss will miss a couple games.

-The 49ers and Cardinals will each lose at least 10 games. All of the NFL analysts will still pick them to make the playoffs in '08.

-The Pats will not win the Super Bowl, just like last year's overwhelming favorite, the Panthers.

-Ben Roethlisberger will be top 5 in the NFL in passing yards and TD's.

-Matt Millen will still be GM after the season. (Sorry, Lions fans)

espnsig.gif

Not to steal your thread here but coming on August 30th will be the 2007 NFL weekly prediction game. It was a success last year and I plan on bringing it back this year. Predictions begin exactly one week from opening kickoff of the regular season

Signature intentionally left blank

Not to steal your thread here but coming on August 30th will be the 2007 NFL weekly prediction game. It was a success last year and I plan on bringing it back this year. Predictions begin exactly one week from opening kickoff of the regular season

I think we are safe. Your thread deals with teams on a week to week basis. My thread is devoted to the football know-it-alls who say they predicted Marquis Colston to be the stud of the draft last year. Come on. This way those people can officially put it on the record for all to see...

Super Bowl XLII:

Chargers 31 - Saints 17

Best Record:

Chargers

Worst Record:

Atlanta Falcons(losing Vick hurts, alot)

NFL MVP:

LT

Off. Rookie of the Year:

Calvin Johnson

Def. Rookie of the Year:

Paul Posluszny

Suprise Rookie:

????????

Predictions:

AE:NE,BUF*,NYJ,MIA

AN:CIN,BAL,PIT,CLE

AS:IND,JAX,HOU,TEN

AW:SD,KC*,DEN,OAK

NE:PHI,WAS*,DAL,NYG

NN:CHI,GB*,DET,MIN

NS:NO,CAR,TB,ATL

NW:SEA,AZ,STL,SF

CIN over BUF

IND over KC

CHI over GB

WAS over PHI

--------------

SD over CIN

IND over NE

SEA over CHI

NO over WAS

-------------

SD over IND

NO over SEA

--------------

SD over NO

saBS.png

AFC EAST: (1)NE, NYJ, MIA, BUF

AFC NORTH: (4)BAL, (WC5)PIT, (WC6)CIN, CLE

AFC SOUTH: (2)IND, TEN, JAX, HOU

AFC WEST: (3)SD, KC, DEN, OAK

NFC EAST: (1)DAL, WAS, PHI, NYG

NFC NORTH: (3)CHI, GB, MIN, DET

NFC SOUTH: (2)NO, (WC5)CAR, TB, ATL

NFC WEST: (4)SF, (WC6)STL, SEA, ARZ

Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots def New Orleans Saints

I refuse to make predictions as to who will win in the NFL, because that is almost ALWAYS a crapshoot, ever since the turn of the century. As soon as the Rams and Titans met up in a Super Bowl, I refuse to make any predictions on the NFL, because more than likely it's gonna be wrong.

That being said, I do have a few predictions:

There will be a new NFC South Champion (Definitely not us.)

Donovan McNabb will get hurt

Detroit's gonna get smacked down on opening week, but they'll be in the thick of it.

Late 2006 Romo = True Romo

Titans win 6 games.

Bucs will go through at least 3 QBs

Detroit's gonna get smacked down on opening week, but they'll be in the thick of it.

Detroit plays at Oakland in Week One.

Anywho, here are my predictions....

AFC East: NY Jets, *New England, Buffalo, Miami

AFC North: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland

AFC South: Jacksonville, *Indianapolis, Tennessee, Houston

AFC West: San Diego, Kansas City, Denver, Oakland

NFC East: Dallas, *Philadelphia, NY Giants, Washington

NFC North: Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota

NFC South: New Orleans, *Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay

NFC West: Seattle, St. Louis, San Francisco, Arizona

Postseason:

NYJ over NE, IND over PIT

SD over IND, JAX over NYJ

SD over JAX

CHI over CAR, PHI over SEA

NO over PHI, DAL over CHI

NO over DAL

SD over NO

-Bucs will make the playoffs, Saints will not

Were you in Lindsay Lohan's rehab group or something?

There will be a new NFC South Champion (Definitely not us.)

If there's to be a "new" champion that rules out the Saints since they won it last year. Assuming by "not us" you're excluding the Falcons, you're predicting that either Tampa Bay or Carolina wins the South? Just trying to understand here.

I'm not into predictions myself, but will say that barring injuries the Saints should make the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl. But as much as I wish it were different, I don't think they have the horses defensively to beat the Patriots or Colts so to win they'll have to put up a ton of points and win a shootout.

To me it will be a surprise if the Chargers do as well as many people predict. It's tough to succeed with a new coaching staff even if you have talented players, though of course the Saints did it last year. But Norv Turner's track record isn't exactly golden.

Same with the Cowboys...just not sold on Romo or on Wade Phillips as a head coach. Good thing they didn't hire his dad, somebody would be sewing "STABLER" on a jersey and trying to determine whether a guy can be the Cowboys' QB and belong to AARP at the same time.

PICTURE_log08.gif

PAAAIAFFOANDDJDD.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

If there's to be a "new" champion that rules out the Saints since they won it last year. Assuming by "not us" you're excluding the Falcons, you're predicting that either Tampa Bay or Carolina wins the South? Just trying to understand here.
From 2003 to 2006, the team that had finished last in the NFC South finished first the very next season. Carolina finished last in 2002, and first in 2003. Atlanta finished last in 2003, and first in 2004. Tampa Bay finished last in 2004, and first in 2005. New Orleans finished last in 2005, and finished first in 2006.

So, if future events follow the course of the past, Tampa Bay's the odds-on favorite to win it this year :wacko: . But still, knowing that division, anything can happen. Just not the Falcons winning the division.

Just not the Falcons winning the division.

They may not win the division, but I don't think they'll do all that poorly, either. Look at the schedule:

@MIN, @JAX, CAR, HOU, @TEN, NYG, @NO, SF, @CAR, TB, IND, @STL, NO, @TB, @ARZ, SEA

It's very possible for the Falcons to be 4-2 heading into the Saints game, maybe even 5-1. And from what I saw last night, the Falcons' first-stringers played pretty well.

Super Bowl XLII:

Patriots 31 - Saints 28

Best Record:

Chargers

Worst Record:

Tie: Ravens and Cowboys

NFL MVP:

Tom Brady

Off. Rookie of the Year:

Calvin Johnson

Def. Rookie of the Year:

Eric Wright

Suprise Rookie:

Brady Quinn

Random Predictions:

Art Modell dies!!!

At seasons end Bill Cowher becomes GM & coach of the Cleveland Browns

Tony Romo is a bust!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived