New Barclay's Premier League Scorebug

Fred T. Jane

Aaaah... Soccer is back! And with it, a new video package for its display. I don't know how it will look on FoxSoccer, but here's SkySports' score bug from the Setanta broadcast of Sunderland-Tottenham Hotspur.

skybplscorebug0708.PNG

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The score bug from Sunderland-Tottenham was also used on the West Ham-Man City match on Rogers Sportsnet. Looks pretty decent. The whole redesign the Premier League undertook this year gets a thumbs-up from me.

Also, those Man City kits are pure class. They look really good on TV. I may start paying attention to them from now on. ^_^

I noticed that ESPN went with a thin line score bug for todays USA vs New Zealand women's match. No picture though. It was similar to the FOX Sports fooball ticker from last year except it wasn't at the absolute top of the screen. Room for 3 letter abbreviation, scre and a big USA Soccer crest at the right of the bug. Looked pretty good. Hopefully they will do that for tonight's MLS coverage as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The new Sky Sports one in england is shocking, its a little box in the bottom left corner with 2 letters to represent each team. I'll grab a shot later

Here you go, I have one from earlier - it's not always so full of needless space, I watch in widescreen though, and Sky does that.

scorebug.jpg

I don't mind the positioning but there's a lot of wasted space there.

Here you go, I have one from earlier - it's not always so full of needless space, I watch in widescreen though, and Sky does that.

scorebug.jpg

I don't mind the positioning but there's a lot of wasted space there.

Setanta was doing that for their broadcasts for this season also.

Interesting to see if anyone has a screencap of the Fox Soccer (North America) coverage, which usually just uses the BPL International feed, scorebug and all.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

i can say that the FSC scorebug was the same as setanta's. i like it. they even have a sliver with the jersey color in it on there.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Actually Setanta's changed depending on which network was hosting the game. But yes it does include the sliver with the jersey color on it for those unfamiliar with the teams. Of course the Red Devils hold the ball 73% of the time and come away with 0 goals and 1 point :cursing: . But if Reading does the same to Chel$ea I'll be happy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived