Rethinking my Tampa Bay Lightning Rebrand

elliott

You can see how this logo has progressed:

Version 1

Version 2

Here's my latest version, overall I made it more streamlined and got rid of the hockey stick thing. I also added a circle, and added a shoulder logo similar to what they already have but with my lightning bolt.

NewLightningRebrand.gif

I think it looks much better. Jerseys are coming, I wasn't really satisfied with the last ones.

C+C is appreciated

it's a good idea, just very poorly executed...

Trying to be constructive...I agree it's a good idea, but the problem is you had to compromise on both the lightning bolt and the "B" to make it fit. Unfortunately, the "B" does not look enough like a B because you are forcing the lightning bolt shape into it, therefore reading the "TB" isn't easy on the eyes. Then, the lightning bolt on the Florida state logo isn't as good as a lightning bolt could look because you are keeping the same shape as you used for the "B".

So while you have 2 logos that are consistent with each other, neither one stands on their own as a great logo.

Trying to be constructive...I agree it's a good idea, but the problem is you had to compromise on both the lightning bolt and the "B" to make it fit. Unfortunately, the "B" does not look enough like a B because you are forcing the lightning bolt shape into it, therefore reading the "TB" isn't easy on the eyes. Then, the lightning bolt on the Florida state logo isn't as good as a lightning bolt could look because you are keeping the same shape as you used for the "B".

So while you have 2 logos that are consistent with each other, neither one stands on their own as a great logo.

that bolt looks like complete crap.

that bolt looks like complete crap.

Okay buddy, thanks for your CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Thanks to everyone else for your comments, I'm gonna work on it.

Doesn't your logo kind of look like this logo, which was found on the web? It's apparently tradmarked by Tampa Bay. Not sure what that means, maybe they intended to use it but ended up scrapping it.

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the Tampa logo.

To tell you the truth, I hadn't seen it until about 5 minutes ago when I was checking in on the Uniform thread...I guess it looks similar but I dont really get what they are trying to show.

to be more CONSTRUCTIVE, the white bolt that forms the B has one too many zig-zags that could confuse the viewer of the logo. The T is too top heavy and thins out too much towards the bottom. Then again its rather difficult to capture a lighting bolt in a logo. Consider ECHL's Stockton Thunder (which was a bolt as the letter N), USL's Austin Lightning or Minnesota Thunder for inspiration.

Archived